[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Really thinking about buying a salvage title 2012 gen coupe 2.0T

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6

File: Genny.jpg (92KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Genny.jpg
92KB, 640x480px
Really thinking about buying a salvage title 2012 gen coupe 2.0T for sub 10k with only 25000 miles. Is this too bad of a wreck? Here's a before picture. The guy says he's restored it completely by buying it from auction and switching parts with a parts car he had. Also he says that isn't oil under the car in this pic. If I go test drive it, apart from it running and shifting fine what else should I check for. He said apart from cosmetic shit he replaced radiator, not the intercooler because it didn't have to be replaced, he did replace the condenser and fan assembly though and all parts came from another genny coupe. Is it worth 9-10k still?
Before 1
>>
File: Genny 2.jpg (92KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Genny 2.jpg
92KB, 640x480px
Before 2
>>
File: Genny After.jpg (39KB, 600x399px) Image search: [Google]
Genny After.jpg
39KB, 600x399px
After
>>
File: Genny After 2.jpg (39KB, 600x399px) Image search: [Google]
Genny After 2.jpg
39KB, 600x399px
After 2
>>
File: Genny Under Hood.jpg (55KB, 600x399px) Image search: [Google]
Genny Under Hood.jpg
55KB, 600x399px
Anddd under the hood. Carfax says car was wrecked in september of this year, sold at auction. Never registered again.
>>
If frame isn't bent/damaged then go for it, 10k for a 2012 "sports" car is pretty good.
>>
>>13976309
salvaged cars can be a good option to get decent deals on cars, but if you dont know what you are doing, dont fuck with it. with a front end collision like that you will need to inspect EVERY suspension component, bearing, joint etc. more than likely you are going to end up repairing a bunch of shit that you didnt notice at the point of sale later on. and you will also likely have a bunch of panel gaps that you will never be able to fix
>>
Investing money into a wreck.

Fuck off op. You should know better.

Buy something older that hasn't been wrecked.
>>
File: BsDMEOpIcAEPhRW.jpg (28KB, 634x360px) Image search: [Google]
BsDMEOpIcAEPhRW.jpg
28KB, 634x360px
10k for a wrecked Hyundai? Sounds like the deal of the century
>>
>>13976411
Yeah I can see the gap between driver side headlight and hood already, I asked if he had frame damage and if he would mind me getting it inspected by a local mechanic and he said "To my best knowledge frame is good and it passed alignment at sears. If it didn't pass alignment....
But yea that's fine"
>>
>>13976430
Frame damage. Can tell easily from pic number 2. I wouldn't invest any money in that OP

Keep in mind, as this is something almost everyone forgets, insurance on a salvage title car is SIGNIFICANTLY more expensive, and only a few insurance companies will even write a policy for them.
>>
>>13976309
?????

Even if you repaired it 100% you'd still end up with a pile of crap
>>
>>13976456
*it was repaired
>>
>>13976309
I guarantee you that collision shoved the engine and transmission back a couple of inches and fucked everything up. Also, good luck insuring a salvage car.
>>
Looks like i'm not driving 1.5 hours to go look at it tomorrow. Thanks /o/
>>
>>13976309
Being a salvaged title, you'll have a hard time selling it, or will get nothing for it if you decide to trade it in for another car. All cars depreciate, but if you calculate the total cost of ownership - the cost of the car minus what you eventually sell it for - you may be better off spending a little more for a clean car.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.