[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /o/, I've got an important question if anyone could

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: 00C0C_cibSXRKbhye_600x450.jpg (34KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
00C0C_cibSXRKbhye_600x450.jpg
34KB, 600x450px
Hey /o/, I've got an important question if anyone could help me out.

So, there's a used car lot here where I live, and I saw a fucking beautiful 2007 Subaru WRX STI. It's going for $23,999. I was thinking of just dropping $10,000, and paying monthly. I'm 18, don't have any credit yet and I'm about to get a job. Also, I have $33,000 to my name right now.
What could I expect my monthly payments to be? Would it be a retarded idea to do monthly payments for it? I'm assuming it'll be pretty high since I'm only 18. Also, does it look like I'll be getting fucked over at all? I've always been super fucking skeptical of any kind of dealerships, but I want this car so fucking badly. Opinions?
>>
>>13969782
OP here, theres also a craigslist ad for it. I called and I'm going down to test drive it tomorrow.
http://reno.craigslist.org/ctd/5341909659.html
>>
First how old are you? How is your credit?

I worked with a 19 year old that bought a 2005 sti with 80k miles for 28k $ making 700$ payments.

If you spend most of a paycheck on a car, it's not worth it. Buy small things build credit wait get a better deal. Problem is kids can't wait, want now, no matter how screwed they are.

If you are not a kid and have credit then nvm, but you also gotta wonder how bad this thing was driven.
>>
>>13969803
18, I have no credit. I was told it could be a good way to BUILD some credit. But, I would rather kill myself than pay $700.
I suppose you're right about the waiting thing. I just don't want this car to be bought by someone else.
And I'm taking it for a test drive tomorrow, so I'll push it and find out how it is.
>>
>>13969803
>>
>>13969782
Your insurance will be 2-3x the payment monthly because you're young and lul ricer insurance. Buy a RWD cash car and wait til you're 25.
>>
>>13969950
Buy cash, pay liability only insurance <$100 /m, take care of it and learn how to work on cars. You're welcome.

http://reno.craigslist.org/cto/5300492130.html
>>
My score used to be 800, it dropped to 580 after my ex screwed me. I'm 28, paying 560$ on a 31k car. You have no credit an for a 23k car that's 440-500 a month for a 8 year old car.

Just wait.. Build good credit over a year or two, finance a 2016-2017 sti for that much with better credit.

That's a problem kids make today about cars, an that's why that idiots paying 700 for an 05.
>>
>>13970002
>http://reno.craigslist.org/cto/5300492130.html
>ugly catfish can't turn breaks often car
Anon, pls
>>
>>13969832
Best way to build credit is go to Wells Fargo with $300 cash and front for a Secured Credit Card. Only use half of it, pay in full every month, and get your $300 deposit +$1000 credit limit in 6 months. Never ever pay interest... After that first 6 months you will have an unending supply of 0% for 12-18months card offers filling your mail box.
>>
>>13969782
Get the nicest old audi quattro you can find for like 6 grand in immaculate condition or less.
>>
>>13970022
> 70 year old engine design
> Huge aftermarket
> Easy AF to work on

Its the perfect first car. Affordable parts and ease of repair is more important than "muh reliability". Especially when buying a 10+ year old car that you should never spend money on at the mechanic's anyways.
>>
>>13970055

He's gonna probably do it anyway.. Unless he lives with mom and dad for the next 4 years he's going to be spending more than he should. Called living beyond your means. If you can't afford 6 months of a payment if you get layed off don't do it. So no apartment for you.

Unless you're like some out of high schooler making 6 figures..
>>
>>13969782
Insurance is going to rape your tender ass
>>
>>13969782
You're 18. You don't need a car that fast yet, build some skill in a shitbox first so when you try to get hektik you don't wreck it. People not doing that is exactly why you're going to get raped on insurance if you buy that car.
>>
You're fucked op.

Enjoy not getting approved or getting approved with super high intrest.

I'm 25 and was applying for 12k and my credit union balked saying I didn't have the credit history. I got the loan after manager review.
>>
>>13970128
>>13970120
That's actually what I'm thinking of right now... I don't think I'm going to buy it now, then.
I'll go back to looking at shitboxes that run better than my Jeep right now that's on the verge of breaking down.
Thanks guys.
>>
>>13970149
E30's seem fun and popular, might be a good fit for you if you like subabros.
>>
>>13970149

It doesn't have to be a shit box..

My first car purchase was at 19 an was a 05 corolla S. At like 22 it was a 05 350z. 26 was an 06 sti, then a 91 Miata after the subie got wrecked by a drunk 21ish hipster in a civic, then an abarth last year an my 15 brz now.

Waiting sucks, but time goes fast and next thing you know you can drink legally have good credit and enough money for a newer better car.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.