[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

2016 Civic question: If I'm buying for general commuting,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

File: 2016 Civic.png (156KB, 550x450px) Image search: [Google]
2016 Civic.png
156KB, 550x450px
2016 Civic question:

If I'm buying for general commuting, UBER/Lyft, groceries, and nothing else, would it be cost effective to buy the turbo or the n/a if I gout the EX model? Including repairs, upkeep, economy, and initial purchasing. Would the turbo require more maintenance? I imagine it would since you are adding more mechanical parts but I also know very little about turbos.
>>
>>13963082
You're buying a new car that doesn't come with free maintenance?
>>
>>13963087
What new car comes with free maintenance? If the turbo goes or something starts leaking, don't you pay for the repairs? If it is under warranty that is one thing, but in general, what is cheaper to own for the 2016 civic over the course of say 10 years?
>>
>>13963098
Have you ever seen a civic need extreme maintenance after 10 years? Just keep up with oil changes and shit.
My dad's 2015 f-150 came with a maintenance thing, I think.
If you're worried about the turbo, get the natural aspirated one. Not like you really need the extra power since you're basically asking about the most normie things a normie driver could do.
>>
>>13963109
Normie stuff for normie money.

I got my track car so this is just a little extra money when I'm not slaving away at another job. Plus, it would be a tax write off, along with a few other things.

I just never owned a turbo before and didn't know the difference on maintenance.
>>
>>13963143
I mean, more moving parts = more maintenance, but I think it'd be negligible in this case.

This is a brand new car, though, so maybe buy something that isn't it so they can fix the bugs for the 2017 model.
Then again, it is Honda... Test drive them both and see how much more the turbo model does for your jibbly bits.
>>
HATCHBACK WHEN
>mfw I fell in love with the Mazda3 but now I have to add the '16 Civic to the list of cars I need to cross shop along with the Focus and Golf
>>
>>13963385
I love the Mazda3 but that interior is shit. It is like they spent all this money to design the car and make it handle decently for a grocery getter, realized their competition all had touch screens and shit, the director sent an email saying they have $20 or redesign the interior with a touch screen, and the designer took their iPad that he just got the email on and put it up to the dash and said, "K, I'm going home."
>>
>>13964144
I think it's really love it or hate it, they're really copying BMW/Audi/Merc, and I've heard a lot of reviewers say that they were surprised that the screen's really just below their sightline and nice and out of the way. Plus I like knob + touch screen, and it definitely looks faster-responding from the reviews I've watched than my parents' new Ford Edge's MyFord Touch that I played around with.
>>
>>13963098
toyota
>>
>>13964144
Respectfully disagree.

mazda 3 interior is based
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.