[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the c/o/nsensus on Chris Harris? Shill? Troll?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 5

File: jeremey clarkson for fifth gear.jpg (79KB, 1260x669px) Image search: [Google]
jeremey clarkson for fifth gear.jpg
79KB, 1260x669px
What's the c/o/nsensus on Chris Harris?

Shill? Troll? Or just a pretty decent accent?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5jmHUnpGug
>>
>>13961322
He's an OK review. I don't what his personality is supposed to be like, and I don't care either.
>>
>>13961322
he's pretty good.
>>
>>13961322
He's decent. You can tell he's abso-fucking-lutely passionate about driving, and he knows his shit, and can put it eloquently.

A decent combo.
>>
The only thing you could hold against him is the fact he never punched Piers Morgan.
>>
File: gay cunt.jpg (24KB, 474x264px) Image search: [Google]
gay cunt.jpg
24KB, 474x264px
>>13961354
well at least he isnt a fat gay cunt so I think he is doing pretty well

he also isn't jeremy clarkson
>>
>>13961417
He and Chris used work together when Chris was part of /DRIVE.

I'm glad Chris left DRIVE. It's shit and the American-ness doesn't suit Chris's style.
>>
Why don't people like matt farah? He's not a tryhard and knows a lot about cars
>>
>>13961442
I don 't dislike him per se, I dislike his channel, which basically "MATT FARAH (oh and cars btw)"

Chris's channel is "Cars that are being driven by this person"
>>
>>13961432
desu Drive /ENGINEERING is a great series

top kek at Drive+ though
>>
He's good because he's an actual racer (RIP Nur24 entry), while appealing to the hooners with his power sliding. His manner of speech also appeals to the Jeremy Clarkson crowd with evocative words.

Tiff Needell is the only other TV personality I trust to drive a car properly. I mean, the Stig too, I guess, but he doesn't so much as review cars.
>>
>>13961496
the entire top gear cast can drive a car properly, they're just portrayed as shit/slow because muh script

if james may was such a slow confused cunt VAG would never let him top speed run their baby

not to mention I refuse to believe clarkson can't drive well even after so many years, fuck that
>>
>>13961510
>if james may was such a slow confused cunt VAG would never let him top speed run their baby

celebrities are allowed to do dumb and stupid shit all the time

do you have a source for that claim newfriend? ;^)
>>
>>13961556
a celebrity being filmed killing themselves in your car at your test track isn't great publicity
>>
>>13961942
this desu
>>
File: BBCm8.png (32KB, 900x870px) Image search: [Google]
BBCm8.png
32KB, 900x870px
>>13962060
wtf, there are word-filters again?
desu
senpai
>>
>>13961322
Fuck off, Harris
>>
>>13961417

DAMN IS IT FAST

THIS CAR IS REALLY FAST

REALLY ... REALLY FAST.

FASTEST CAR I'VE EVER DRIVEN

I THOUGHT THE LAST CAR I'VE DRIVEN WAS A MONSTER BUT THIS IS REALLY... _REALLLLLLLYY_ FAST HAHAHA OH MY GOD IT'S FRIGHTENINGLY FAST.

DAMN

SO FAST
>>
>>13961463
I paid for one month of Drive+ just to see what it was about. I think they uploaded 3 exclusive videos that whole month, one of them being some stupid skit with Farrah.

Only thing worth watching was LAUNCH CONTROL because it didn't have any of the hosts in it
>>
>>13961322
british v12 have the best sound
>>
>>13961350
This. I don't like autojournalists, but he is one of the few if the only one I really like. He's extremely passionate, knowledgeable, and humble.

>>13961417
matt farah loves cars for sure, but you can tell that his knowledge lacks and his experience mostly comes from being a daddies money fag that's driven lots of cars.

I see him more only as a single tier above like the typical tool you see racing in the gumball.
>>
>>13964223
>ford
>british
>>
>>13964244
ford is british tho
>>
He's a privileged rich twat who sold out his friends for some money

He's a good driver and all but growing up around fast cars does that
>>
>>13964240
I think he's a bit of a twat but does his job pretty well. The videos have become pretty one dimensional (but beautifully produced).
He doesn't get into the nitty gritty of the car as I'd like and he glosses over lots of aspects of the driving experience so he can spend more video time skidding it round a track instead which to me is pretty irrelevant unless it's an actual track car. I think evo's videos are better now when Jethro makes them.

>>13964272
Ford is 100% top to bottom a German company.
>>
>>13964272
ford is as british as gm is australain
>>
>>13964292
GM is pretty Australian in that they go hand in hand with shitposting
>>
>>13964292
>>13964287

the joke a lot of britbongs actually belive ford is british
>>
>>13964282
matt or chris?
>>
>>13964357
Chris

Matt's just a run of the mill prick, I do enjoy his shows, but Chris acts like regular cars are beneath him while Matt sees the hard work that people put into their modified cars
>>
>>13964240
chris harris's knowledge is patchy too, but then he's a journalist not an engineer so it's understandable.
he knows his shit when it comes to driving and racing though.
>>
>>13964371
i dont think chris is privileged at all in fact im pretty sure he barely scrapes by.
>>
>>13964408
he has had 4 ferraris and a myriad of other very expensive cars like the GT3 RS
>>
>>13964408
Uh, the dude bought an FF on a whim
>>
>>13964452
Yeah, he finances them. He's a successful auto journalist. He "works" for his money, that's not privileged. Privileged is having daddies money.
>>
>>13964481
he financed a used ferrari as his only car other than the shitbox range rover and got rid of it because of expense, yeah. so? like i said he has a successful career.

it's not like he's a weekend warrior at IMSA in gtd off trustfund dividends.

i'd hardly call him privileged.
>>
>>13964371
>Chris acts like regular cars are beneath him
Youre refering to when he didnt think a Miata/MX5 was anything special.
He drives nothing but supercars, hypercars and racecars daily yet he loves driving that old shitbox citroen. Id say he knows exactly where a miata lies in the grand scheme of things because unlike any of us, he can experience the full spectrum of cars.
He also said the miata cant be beaten for value.
So its obvious to me he doesnt think regular cars are beneath him, he just has access to the cookie jar and is eating as many cookies as he can.
>>
>>13961510
Sure they can drive, but they can't /drive/. None of them were professional drivers. They're journalists first, racers second. Still better than 75% of burgerclap journalists.
>>
File: 1395785148511.jpg (8KB, 139x153px) Image search: [Google]
1395785148511.jpg
8KB, 139x153px
>>13965881
I Drive
>>
>>13961942
It wasn't their track and it was a banked oval. He could have done it without using his hands.
>>
>>13964331
Well. Most of the world probably thought Ford was British at one point seeing as the majority of Fords sold back in the day were all British models.

I used to think ferd was british when I was younger tbqh
>>
>>13966000
>majority of Fords sold back in the day were all British models
> back in the day
So you're 15?
>>
>>13966008
Hurr.
American fords were sold primarily in America
Everywhere else they were all British Fords.
>>
>>13961496

Tiff is awfull presenter as for me, i'm really glad BBC decided to fuck up top gear that time to bring teh trio
>>
File: roebing.jpg (2MB, 2000x1712px) Image search: [Google]
roebing.jpg
2MB, 2000x1712px
>>13961496
what about this dude and his compadres
>>
>>13966140
John davis is god tier
>>
>>13961442
His videos are average, but his podcast is GOAT. I like him overall.
>>
>>13964452
>>13964481
He lost tons of money on all of those and never kept them very long. Anyone can do that. He spends all he has on cars.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.