[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need some help trying to get into SCCA autocross with my s2000.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

I need some help trying to get into SCCA autocross with my s2000. Pic related, I'm the silver one with bronze rims. I'm running a test pipe, exhaust, coilovers, drilled and slotted brake rotors, lightweight flywheel, upgraded clutch and my fenders are rolled and pulled. Does this put me in Street Modified?
>>
why dont you just ask the regulation guy in the league

drilled and slotted rotors dont mean shit
>>
>>13952673
Thanks for letting me know they don't. That's why I'm asking
>>
File: 1440134446710.webm (2MB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
1440134446710.webm
2MB, 720x480px
>>13952663
the modified fenders might put you in a higher class. The rest shouldn't matter.

Also depends largely on tires, and a few other things you might have left out.
>>
>>13952663
drilled rotors place you in the retarded modified class more than anything
>>
>>13952702
What should I run? I bought them because they were 20 lbs lighter than stock.
>>
>>13952718
I recommend stoptech slotted rotors. People shit on the slotted meme, but enough racing teams use them to justify it IMO. I've seen OEM Mercedes drilled rotors crack, so I can't vouch for them and can kind of agree with the memefest around them.
>>
>>13952702
hey fuck off faggot no need to be a dick just asking
>>
I think the lightweight flywheel is going to put you in BSP depending on the size and offset of your rims. Your local club should be able to tell you where you need to go. You can also put yourself in any class you feel the most comfortable in so long as no one complains.
>>
>>13952815
Pretty much this. Even if you fixed the fenders and put a cat on the car, the lightweight flywheel is going to bump you up to street prepared. Even if you got away with a cheater flywheel (highly unlikely anyone would notice or care since you won't be competitive), the test pipe and wheels/fender roll will be pretty obvious and those both put you into B-street prepared.
>>
>>13952909
What he said.

You're either STR or BSP. Not like it matters because you won't be anything outside regionally competitive without at least $10,000 in parts and countless hours of R&D.
>>
>>13952718
I'll sell you a set of aluminum rotors, 22 pounds/corner lighter than stock. Give me your email and we'll talk price.
>>
>>13952663
Why are S2000 drivers morons, ex. notamiata, OP, etc.
>>
>>13953271

Bretty sure his rotors need to be 100% ferrous metallic for all classes he would be competitive in.
>>
>>13953302
at 9000rpm, the engine emits powerful electromagnetic wavelengths that fuck with the brain. This doesn't happen on motorcycles because the power ranger suits protect them from these wavelengths. If one doesn't wear their power ranger suit on a motorbike, then they would in theory be affected, but if they're not wearing their suit, then they do not have any meaningful brainwaves to fuck with in the first place.
>>
>>13953302

It's usually the first step to having a real sports car, so you attract a lot of young people who want to get into motorsports with capable vehicles

Always see young guys in s2ks and frs's at track meets, and miatas.
>>
>>13958821
4 years after the release of the AP1 s2000, honda discovered this, and despite their best attempts at saying "torque" was the reason for it, they lowered the redline to a point well below the minimum threshold of permanent brain damage caused by the high redline paired with the openness of the car.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.