[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which Euro-spec car not sold in NA would you legitimately buy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

File: detailed2.jpg (157KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
detailed2.jpg
157KB, 1024x768px
This means no "I wouldn't buy a Mk.2 Focus RS cause I'd rather spend $45K on a Camaro SS" shitposts.

Japanese and Australian market cars are fine, since they are subject to UNECE crash and EU emissions standards as well.

I personally would salivate over a DC5 Integra R. The RSX Type S just doesn't cut it for me, I want to hear that high revving 220hp K20A from the DC5.

If I were raising a family and had the money, I would consider an RS6 Avant (in manual) just for the quirkiness. Hauling shit around, with power, RWD, and in stick--my only option right now is a CTS-V wagon. And I don't want a fuckin' hybrid crossover like some midwestern soccer mom.

S15 Silvia Spec-R because DRIFT MACHINE BRO. And Nismo aero kit or GTFO.

So, what the fuck kind of forbidden fruit would you buy, /o/?

Again, no shitposting.
>>
why would i waste my money importing a shitbox when i could buy an SS camaro?
>>
File: 1408118611321.jpg (1MB, 2048x1371px) Image search: [Google]
1408118611321.jpg
1MB, 2048x1371px
>>13950716
This. The Zeta chassis Camaro is god-tier.

That said. If I had to choose, it'd be a 16V Lancia Delta HF Integrale
>>
Mk.1 Focus RS

GOAT
>>
TVR Griffith

Alfa Romeo 156 3.2 GT, so long as it doesn't break down

Accord Euro R CL9 (a.k.a the first-gen TSX, but better)
>>
changed my mind:
Mk.1 Focus RS
Land Rover LR2 manual diesel
Evo 8 FQ400
>>
File: VLBT1020[1].jpg (73KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
VLBT1020[1].jpg
73KB, 640x427px
>>13950687
VL Turbo
>>
>>13950726
Also, the Alfa Romeo Brera and Alfa Romeo 159
The irony? They were designed for the US market. They used GM platforms and engine blocks to make meeting US standards easier. The 2.2L was based on the 2.2L Ecotec, and the 3.2L V6 was based on the 3.6L High Feature V6.
>>
Ford F-150 Superdiesel Laramie
>>
>>13950769
Why did the NA-spec Alfa Romeo 75 3.0 V6 (Milano Verde) break down so bloody much? It makes the RX-8 look as sturdy as a 60s Volvo.
>>
File: beat.jpg (112KB, 672x448px) Image search: [Google]
beat.jpg
112KB, 672x448px
There are many cool cars, but I'm not sure if I would buy them over a car I can get here. My favorite cars are Rx7s and Nissan Zs, which can all be found in the US. Factory turbo Silvias would be cool, so would RB Z31s and all FCs being turbo (at least in Japan, not sure about Europe). I would probably consider certain Skylines as well as an FC or Z31, but I couldn't afford a GTR.

The only car I would maybe actually buy would be a Cappuccino or Honda Beat. Cappuccino for turbo, Beat for mid engine. Both seem stupid fun, and are very cheap. Power would be an issue, but the Suzuki could easily make more power because power and the Honda could be swapped maybe.
>>
Coming from someone that drives an rsx-s that reves to 8800, i'd say its basically the same Just sayin
>>
>>13950716
you're a faggot and i hate you.
>>
Euro spec? Definetly an opel manta b, maybe a sierra rs cosworth. Both are rare as fuck in my country
>>
Mitsubishi Carisma GT, pretty much a LHD Lancer Evo 5/6 for the German and Benelux markets. Not the right market at the time for Mitsubishi to sell what likely would've been a $29000 hopped up Mirage (then a Mirage still cost around $9-10k, and a E36 M3 was in the high 30s-low 40s in the late 90s)

If not a FD2 Civic Type R. Fuck Honda for keking the American market. We literally got the 80% the same car as the 06-11 Si Sedan. It would've easily passed crash standards and probably emissions too
>>
>>13950687
The 06 type s is a type r, the engine is slightly different but it's performance is a mirror copy
>>
>>13950764
Aww fuk hektik skeds m8
>>
>>13950966
But LSD
>>
>>13952327
That's true but you can buy a dc5r lsd for 500 - 700 $

Personally with how expensive a 06 rsx-s is I'd buy a turbo cobalt ss

Factory lsd
Upshift no pause gear change (you just hold the acceleration wot and row gears)
Bunch of suspension goodies
And if you want more power you can upgrade the turbo
>>
Ford Falcon XR6 turbo. North America gets like no good sedans that are RWD and manual
>>
>>13952167
They are not the same at all, different intake&exhaust manifolds... etc.
its like comparing base to type-s.
>>
>>13952468
That's why I specifically mentioned the 06 model

421 exhaust manifold and ITR cams, same intake plenum the performance is very similar however the type r has a better suspension set up

Either way both are slower than the type r Ep3 but I do like the rsx more because of its shape
>>
06 doesnt have 421 manifold they only increase diameter of piping for 05-06 alll 4-1 shit manifold. And all usdm 02-06 have prb intake manifold.
>>
Maloo. No questions asked
>>
>>13950687
You can reflash type s to raise limit to 8600 rpm or use kpro to set higher with appropriate valve springs
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.