[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey USA Why don't you have daytime running lights on your

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 7

File: image.jpg (61KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
61KB, 640x480px
Hey USA

Why don't you have daytime running lights on your cars. Here in Canada it's the law.

It makes it easier to see people.

We have some cars that are on the road illeaglely with no daytime running lights and I notice that they can kind of pop out of nowhere. With daytime running lights that doesn't happen.

So why
>>
>>13948697
>my inattention to the environment around me is reduced by the sole fact that cars have daytime running lights
>>
>>13948697
drls have been on usa spec cars for years

you that bored of winter already canada?

2/10
>>
>can't see two tons of colored metal
>2 tiny led lights barely visible in daylight will help

I never understood how we got to this point, anyway don't care.
>>
>>13948697
>We have some cars that are on the road illeaglely with no daytime running lights and I notice that they can kind of pop out of nowhere
They fixed a non-existent problem by causing the problem that did not already exist.

It's absolute legislative genius.
>>
>>13948709
Not all cars. 2012 Escape doesn't have them. Lots of cars are doing the LEDs for looks tho.

But I don't see DRLs helping all that much anyway. The only time they would be worth anything would be a really cloudy afternoon on a grey car when it is starting to get dark out. But at that point, my headlight would be on anyway.
>>
>>13948705
No. Accidents happen. It's been proven that drls reduce accidents. Increases visibility.

Numerous studies done worldwide since the 1970s have tended to conclude that daytime running lights improve safety.[2][3][4] A 2008 study by the U.S. National Highway Traffic Safety Administration analysed the effect of DRLs on frontal and side-on crashes between two vehicles and on vehicle collisions with pedestrians, cyclists, and motorcyclists. The analysis determined that DRLs offer no statistically significant reduction in the frequency or severity of the collisions studied, except for a reduction in light trucks' and vans' involvement in two-vehicle crashes by a statistically significant 5.7%.[5]
>>
>>13948723
>It's been proven that drls reduce accidents
Yes, cars that have DRLs are easier to see than cars that don't have them, thus the eye is drawn to them vs cars that don't.

So what happens then when all cars have DRLs and the human brain ignores them because the human brain is predisposed to tuning-out shit that is regular and common?

It's pointless.
>>
>>13948723
I'll tell you why, that study included a good portion of faggots liking their lovely friends status updates on a shiny iphone.

Lighted stuff catches your attention better if you're looking away.
>>
>>13948723
Never mind. I thought what I copied off Wikipedia would help my argument but it does the opposite.

So I guess it doesn't matter. Oh well. Fuck u anyway America.
>>
>>13948697
I BOUGHT MY TACOMA AND IT HAD DRL'S INSTALL BECAUSE IT WAS ORIGINALLY FROM CANADA AND ALL THAT MEANT WAS THE DEALER WIRED THE LOW BEAMS TO BE ON ANY TIME THE KEY IS IN THE IGNITION, AND BECAUSE OF THIS MY LOW BEAMS BLOW OUT AFTER A MONTH OR SO AND MY HIGH BEAMS ARE STILL PRACTICALLY BRAND NEW AND IT IS SUCH A waste/PAIN IN THE ASS. Thats why I'm glad we dont
>>
>>13948697
Daytime running lights look like shit. No exception.

There is nothing fucking wrong with using the normal headlights. They don't wear to replacement in weeks.
>>
>>13948740
>BECAUSE OF THIS MY LOW BEAMS BLOW OUT AFTER A MONTH OR SO

So you use chinese knockoff Walmart replacement bulbs. What a surprise they blow out.
>>
>>13948697
Theres something else that already helps drivers see other cars in poor visability, I think they're called headlights.
>>
File: idk man its pretty bad.jpg (333KB, 1019x1181px) Image search: [Google]
idk man its pretty bad.jpg
333KB, 1019x1181px
>>13948721
>>
>>13948757
Nah I used to use the Sylvania super or ultra or whatever their brightest ones were and they popped all the time. Then I started buying sylvania's cheapest ones and I can get a couple months out of them
>>
>>13948771
>buy sylvania bulbs KEK
>touch them with your disgusting fingers
>oi vey they pop in a month

consider suicide
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>13948767
What about that? The car doesn't have DRL's in the US. Ask me how I know.
>>
>>13948767
And the lights on in the big pic of the black escape, those are the turn signals.
>>
File: 1436035066655.webm (1MB, 450x472px) Image search: [Google]
1436035066655.webm
1MB, 450x472px
>>13948779
>there isnt a yellow dot on the headlight it doesnt have drls guys
>>
>>13948771
>whatever their brightest ones were

That also explains your early explosion.

>Then I started buying sylvania's cheapest ones

What a surprise they blew.
>>
File: image.jpg (238KB, 1600x1067px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
238KB, 1600x1067px
>>13948795
I don't think you understand what DRL's are...
>>
Im from canada and i fucking hate DRLs.
>driving small gray 80s shitbox with flipup headlights
> catless > drls
> sound > light
el oh el am i invisible to you?
>>
File: 1444394873859.jpg (6KB, 234x342px) Image search: [Google]
1444394873859.jpg
6KB, 234x342px
>>13948697
>illeaglely
>>
File: image.jpg (148KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
148KB, 640x1136px
>>13948795
Here's the wikipedia article, read up.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daytime_running_lamp

Amber parking lights and side markers =/= DRL's
>>
>>13948697
the only car i didn't see was some shitbox with grey matte paint that blends in with the road.

startled me at a T junction.
what a faggot.
>>
this is just what i need, a queer behind me with his high beams on during the day
thank god for daytime headlights, i literally cant see cars if not for the 2 inch strip of light at the front
>>
>>13948715
>2 tiny led lights barely visible in daylight will help
This is true for aftermarket ones. But manufacturer's are often so bright you can't see the blinkers
>>
>>13948834
The Audi ones, for example, do make a difference in those few situations where DRL's actually make sense for safety. The Audi LED's are pretty bright too.

The only time I ever feel like DRL's help is with silver/grey cars on cloudy days around dusk. They also help when it is rainy. But in those situations, the driver should have their headlights on anyway. You can't fix stupid though, so we have DRL's.

>>13948795
>>13948767
So are you going to admit you didn't know what DRL's are?
>>
On a clear, sunny day, drl's are completely pointless unless you have problems seeing, in which case you shouldn't be driving anyway. This is the case most of the time.

In situations where its overcast, raining, snowing, etc that's when drl's make a difference. If you honestly can't notice a car in broad daylight without their headlights on you don't deserve to have a license.

On my s10 I found out that if I press the dome override button four times in a row my daytime running lights will then off. They get turned off almost every time I drive
>>
>>13948719
>fog doesn't exist
>tunnels and underground lots are always perfectly lit
>rain and overcast conditions are made up concepts by "the establishment"
>bad drivers were made extinct by the Great Culling of '02
>We can all see cars without lights on in my rear-view when dimmed at night due to additives in our coffee

I can't attest to their statistical efficiency for reducing accidents, but they're a good idea. People don't always use their headlights when they should, especially in cities I find.

The number of people I see cruising down highways with no lights on at night is scary.

Soon automatic lights (the low light sensor kind) will be mandatory, anyways. Then you faggots will come up with reasons to cry about that instead.
>>
>>13948873
I am always scared by the idea of automatic lights mostly because it's a retard enabler.
>>
>>13949059

Every time I see some imbecile driving on the highway at dusk while its pouring rain, and there isn't a single light on anywhere in his car, I pray for government mandated automatic lights.
>>
>>13948697
I've seen them have the opposite effect, when there's an older person driving around at night with just the dlr's on thinking the headlights are on.
I see it increasingly more often. (and did it once, for a few minutes.)
>>
>>13949093
I guess there's two sides to the same coin, retards will drive regardless.
>>
>>13948697
DOES ANYONE ELSE FUCKING HATE THE NEW R8 THAT SHIT IS NOT RIGHT. It went from smooth elegant with an intimidating face to boxy, hard edged, evil face, stancemobile.
>>
>>13948740
Splice a wire running from the LV coil on the low beam lamps to a toggle switch in your car you spanner.
>>
the 1992 camaro i drove in high school had daytime lights...
>>
>>13949205
Certain cars, the lights in the dash won't turn on unless the actual headlights are on too. I don't see how some people don't realize their headlights are on. But cars with digital gauges will be lit up all the time so I guess it would be harder to tell sometimes.

>>13949590
I agree with this. The few instances where DRL's actually help, I would have my headlights on anyway. I have a habit of turning them on even when the clouds make it a little dark.
>>
>>13948697
>We have some cars that are on the road illeaglely with no daytime running lights and I notice that they can kind of pop out of nowhere.

Holy shit. You should probably stop driving.
>>
Drl is good for burning out bulbs and straining charging systems
>>
>>13948697
>We have some cars that are on the road illeaglely with no daytime running lights and I notice that they can kind of pop out of nowhere.

They're not illeaglel (sic) if they were made before 1990, dummy.
>>
>>13948779
DRLs have actually been an option on most Fords since like between 2008 and 2010 that can be switched on through the dealer computer. my girlfriend's dad works for a surveying company that has a fleet of that generation of Escapes and they do actually have DRLs but like I said they're just something the dealer turned on, not standard.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.