[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dearest br/o/s Do i dare to buy a 97 2.5 td with the vm motori

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (213KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
213KB, 800x600px
Dearest br/o/s

Do i dare to buy a 97 2.5 td with the vm motori engine, 242 transfer case that had its headgasket and tops renovated some 3000 km ago?

It seems like a very decent, fairly economic suv. I just like to commute in comfort, handle snow and occasionally do a bit of lightweight offroading.
>>
>>13945153
>renovated
>>
lol I'm mastrbating
>>
>>13945188
Ok ok, they were replaced. Fuck my linguistic skills.
>>
File: 200.jpg (129KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
200.jpg
129KB, 1024x768px
>>13945153
diesels are expensive to rebuild. and maintain.
buy the petrol cherokee, and have it swapped over to run straight propane. the AMC straight 6 is better catered for than the VM renault asthmatic diesel.
>>
>>13945153
>It seems like a very decent, fairly economic suv
It's not.
>>
>I just like to commute in comfort, handle snow and occasionally do a bit of lightweight offroading

Sounds like you want a Grand Cherokee then. WJ is in the same general price range, but a WK ups the comfy ante even further.
>>
>>13945153
If it was a three door I'd say go for it.
>>
How is it not economic? At least it gets descent mileage.

I read some about the weak engine, but maybe it will last two or three years as it was rescently renovated?

It think i can haggle the price down to ca 1000 dollars
>>
>>13945409
the VM diesels werent known for reliablity. think about this: why was the top half rebuilt? because it had worn out.

the AMC 6 cylinder will do 400, 000 miles with regular serving before you have to start looking for another engine. decent gas milage? umm nope on that one too. its a big heavy shell and a tiny little engine to push it around. the 6 wasnt that much effort on your wallet.
>>
>>13945153
i had an 88 xj that i bought because it was cheap ($500) and worked for a bit and i needed a car to get to work quickly

I HATED IT for city driving and especially at freeway/highway speeds. i like to drive aggressively and its pretty easy to roll that bitch if your not careful especially since the i6 has a lot of low end pep but fuck that 85mph top off i reached it and and the revs kept on climbing shit i i could see its use in actual off roading and snow fun, but fuck is that i6 bulletproof
eventually flipped it for the 90 240sx im currently trying to get decent
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.