[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Arguing over which gearbox is superior >Not owning one

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

>Arguing over which gearbox is superior
>Not owning one of each and enjoying both
>>
I own two german autoragics and one murrikan automagic. The merican one doesn't have kickdown for some queer reason
>>
>>13941924
>trip posting a bait thread

Reminder that /o/ has the worst tripfags.
>>
File: 1368177142646.png (276KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1368177142646.png
276KB, 1280x720px
>>13941942
God if you hate tripfags so much why don't you just filter them?
>>
>>13941935
>The merican one doesn't have kickdown for some queer reason
What is it? If it's a pre-computer control unit, it might need adjustments.
>>
>live in a third worl country
>15-20 mins of crawling in traffic every fucking day
>drive manual 4x4
>doesn't complain as much as the fags here who defend autotragic
Seriously, you fags have it too easy. NY traffic is bullshit compared to third world countries' traffic. You don't really need A/T, the thing is that you are just fucking lazy or can't drive manual.
>>
>>13942147
Automatics are superior off road, though.
>>
>>13942158
Did you ever off road inside a jungle? If you break an auto, you're screwed. No replacement parts (because third world), they are more complex and rarer. Plus, A/T can overheat and can't jump start if the battery dies. People here use Willys, FJ40 cruisers, or Suzuki/Mitsubishi small jeeps.
>>
Sequential manual transmission > DCT Transmision > Manual > torque converter transmission
>>
I enjoy manuals for the control and the skill it takes to drive them. However, when it comes to a daily driver I do enjoy automatics. When I want to go Id take a manual any day. With advances in automatic tech, they are becoming the more efficient option. A 05 crown victoria PI is intuitive enough to kick down to the next gear and go all out before i have my foot to the floor. I'd like to get my hands on a modern day automatic that uses the best tech. Not like whats in the 15 vette, but like whats in any bmw made in 2015. I bet those fuckers know you better than you do.
>>
>>13941924
Nice argument to moderation.

Want fun and control? Like muh driving feels? Stick shift.

Lazy commuter? Want to be able to eat and text and stuff while driving? Automatic.

Love bench racing? Only care about having the best numbers possible? Dual clutch, single clutch semi automatic, sequential are for you.

Value fuel economy above all, hate driving, and know nothing about driving? Grab a CVT!

There is no compromise, or middle ground. They have different purposes.
>>
>>13942158
At getting moving from a standstill, yes. That's about it.
>>
>>13942245
Bench racer detected.
>>
>>13942305
the truth has been spoken. Id like to try a cvt for fuel efficiency
>>
>>13942158
How so? I mean most autos use traction control to get them moving in low traction environments. Manuals can use the same system but most manual drivers turn that shit off. Its traction control not the transmission
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (57KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
57KB, 1280x720px
Prius Stories!
>driving mom's prius back from long trip wishing I was in my car
>90mph in left lane and come up behind sti hatch
>sti bro moves to right lane I go to pass
>"holy shit is that a prius"
>STI bro floors it desperately hoping that him boost will come on before gets passes by prius
>lol and go smoke dabs
>>
>>13942323
It's pretty simple. With the torque multiplication effect of a torque converter, you can apply the full load of the engine onto the drive without spinning wheels. A clutch on the other hand cuts torque by way of friction slip.
Having said that, I'd take a clutch driven manual offroad any day, as I prefer the direct relation between rpm and drive speed.
>>
>>13941924
Why is the button on the other side? Seems uncomfortable to push in with your pinky
>>
>>13942351
Because that's from a right hand drive car, as opposed to a wrong hand drive car.
>>
>>13942210
>Did you ever off road inside a jungle?
Yes.
>If you break an auto, you're screwed.
Never broke one and you can also break a manual transmission.
>Plus, A/T can overheat
Never had that happen. Buy cars with external transmission oil coolers.
>>
>>13942339
I understand better now. autos have a decent advantage in that aspect. I still believe that with skill a manual would be superior, with that being said do modern autos compensate better for offroad? Manuals were the king for a long time because of control-ability, but have autos caught up?
>>
>>13942307

When climbing alot of times you need to keep momentum or you will end up sliding back.

You will struggle to do that in an manual. Which is why most off roaders use auto.
>>
>>13942507
Dudes talking about if you break an auto gearbox its fucked nothing you can do where as when you break a manual gearbox you have all the other gears you didnt break so you can can still drive the car.
>>
>>13942758
Unless you eat a throwout bearing, or a clutch, destroy something and ruin the rest of the transmission with fragments of metal.
>>
>>13942305
Truth.
>>
>>13943487
It's BS.
>>
>>13942261
Underrated post

10/10
>>
>>13942245
What about a DCT with a torque converter?
>>
>>13942365
The majority of developed countries use LHD so kek
>>
>>13947005
That's not real.
>>
File: 78828272.jpg (152KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
78828272.jpg
152KB, 960x720px
>>13941924
Only time I would want an auto is if I didn't feel like driving. For me, this is not often enough to justify the purchase of another vehicle.

If I had more money, I would have a comfy autobox cruiser as well though.

No reason to be hostile towards autos/manuals like some of you grand autismos on here, acting like you can actually make objective arguments about which is better. Gives me the Keks.
>>
>>13948212
>acting like you can actually make objective arguments about which is better.
But you can.
>>
>>13948212
Manual is better. It's a fact. Sorry this triggers you.
>>
>>13947210
>The majority of developed countries use wrong hand drive so kek
Yeah, you sure showed me.
>>
>>13947210
Are you dumb?

All of north america, central america, south america, all of europe, and most of asia drive on the right.
>>
>>13941924
>be American
>drive stick
>know 99% of the populaton cannot steal my car
Feels good
>>
Autotragic is dicks
>>
>>13948235
>Are you dumb
Not that guy, but I think you most certainly are dumb.
>>13948237
this tbqh
>mash throttle
>revs flare
>drive slowly catches up
>>
>>13948245
>I've never driven a car with an automatic transmission
>>
>>13942261
Yeah i love manual cars but autotragic is catching up quick, most automatics made after 2014 are decently fast
>>
>>13948273
That's alright if your idea of performance driving is only accelerating.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.