[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If I remove all the gay environment parts that are in place solely

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 7

File: qld-car-spare-parts.jpg (516KB, 1478x1163px) Image search: [Google]
qld-car-spare-parts.jpg
516KB, 1478x1163px
If I remove all the gay environment parts that are in place solely to pass laws and regulations, will my car run more efficiently?
>>
>>13941342
>Keypad entry

That is pretty fucking stupid.
>>
The EGR and the Cadillac converter are robbing power fro your engine like a fat dirty nigger in an elderly persons house. Get rid of those. The air pump is heavy and can go. The Evap system is ugly but it's not really hurting anything you could get rid of the charcoal canister to shave weight though.
>>
Some is pretty dumb, pointless and easily removed or reworked, but some of it functions well that way and proper complete replacements are needed for any better results.
>>
File: Community_Chest_Go_to_Jail.gif (28KB, 409x252px) Image search: [Google]
Community_Chest_Go_to_Jail.gif
28KB, 409x252px
>>13941342
Yes.
>>
>>13941342
Depend on the car and which smog crap you remove.
The EGR? Sure
air pump (assuming the car in question has/neds one)? Sure
The catalytic converter? Depends just abut all cars from the late 80's on NEED that catalytic converter to run efficiently or the computer will throw a conniption fit.
>>
>>13941377
No desk mechanic, you can remove the catalytic converter from any car and the cars computer won't have a clue if the cat is there or not. The cars exhaust has an o2 sensor or an air fuel sensor and that's what tells the cars computer if your running too rich or too lean and that throws a code. All the cat does is convert co2 into oxygen and water and shit.
So youre doing a great job at giving out false information in /o/ though. Keep up the good work, fag.
>>
>>13941425
>you can remove the catalytic converter from any car and the cars computer won't have a clue if the cat is there or not.
That's total bullshit, and you know it. What the fuck do you think the O2 sensors do? They tell the computer how the cat is working. If there's no difference in the readings between the sensors, the computer will throw a conniption fit, turn on the check engine light, and your engine will run like shit since the computer will force the engine to run in one of the failsafe "Limp Home" modes.

Most modern cars run like absolute shit if you remove the cat.
>>
>>13941486
No the air fuel sensors only read if the car is running rich or lean. They don't analyze the exhaust gases. You are incorrect. You need a giant machine like they use for smog to measure the exhaust gases accurately.Your caught up on your own bullshit meow. Your just another /o/ fag acting like he knows what he's talking about. That's why all this place is good for is shit posting.
>>
>>13941377
There is an O2 sensor in front and behind the catalytic converter. The car only uses the first Bank for tuning, the second bank is only there to see if you have a catalytic converter. You can make the computer forget the second bank easy.
>>
>>13941342
the software and cats hurt fuel efficiency and power, egr doesn't
>>
>>13941507
>Your

Sorry buddy, you just lost an argument on the internet.
>>
>>13941540
The after cat air fuel sensor is not going to throw your car into limp mode. all it does it measure oxygen levels to tell if the cat is working, so your cel might come on, but its not gonna go into limp mode over that unless the sensor isn't working, but the cat can be absent and it will actually run better because the engine can breath much better without a cat. So I win the argument, ass fag.
>>
>>13941535
The EGR completely hurts your power cause it's leaning the air fuel mixture out and an engine will make more power of its running slightly more rich. So the opposite of what you said would be the correct answer.
>>
File: 7Hp364a.png (135KB, 259x236px) Image search: [Google]
7Hp364a.png
135KB, 259x236px
>>13941357
>Cadillac Converter.
>>
>>13941598
egr doesn't do shit when you're on the power
>>
>>13941769
Actually when tou are "on it" that's when the vacuum of your engine opens the EGR valve up and that is when it is functioning. What the fuck is wrong with you /o/ bullshitter desk mechanics. If your EGR is open when you are not "on it" at idle then the engine will stall out. So the only time your EGR is open and functioning is when you are giving the car throttle. Why are you so wrong and full of shit, anon?
>>
>>13941754
That's how da niggers say catalytic converter you crackerFag!
>>
>>13941821
is this bait or do you really know this little about cars?
>>
File: $5 spark plug non-fouler.jpg (80KB, 700x525px) Image search: [Google]
$5 spark plug non-fouler.jpg
80KB, 700x525px
>>13941377
>>13941425
>>13941486
Neat trick or cat removal is to put that o2 sensor through a spark plug non fouler, it works 90% of the time and wont throw a code.
>>
File: wMDJpSe.jpg (57KB, 540x720px) Image search: [Google]
wMDJpSe.jpg
57KB, 540x720px
>>13942212
How does this work? I've seen it suggested on another site, but don't understand what it changes.
>>
>>13942252
Worked on my 7th gen Civic when I replaced the busted $1200 CARB cat with a $50 magnaflow.

It blocks the amount of air a o2 sensors sees so it thinks its behind a thicker, better filtering cat.
If you run no cat, the fouler maynot be enough, but you can try other methods to decrease the amount of air the o2 sensor sees.
The non fouler is nice because its the same threads as the o2 sensor.
>>
>>13941342
This really depends on the car and your driving habits. Doing any of whats talked about in this thread to a prius would be insane. If you were talking about a mustang, or a camaro, or a rx7, or a dodge stealth, or whatever then people could help you nail down what would give you the most bang for your buck. doing these to most 4 cyl cars would do almost nothing. 6 cyl cars it would help a bit, and v8 cars could benefit greatly. without knowing what you are dealing with its very hard to say what you could expect. quit being a faggot and tell us what you have
>>
>>13941342
Real technician here.

Removing the EGR will increase in cylinder temps but the effect is minor and unless your car is turbo there shouldn't be an issue.

Removing the cat will throw a P0420 code guaranteed. Also many modern cars are designed around the backpressure a cat causes so removing it could hurt the power band. Check the forums of the particular car to see their results of cat removal. Usually better to get an entire aftermarket system.

Removing the Evap system will result in gas fumes building up in the tank, unless you leave an evap line unplugged which will leave a gas smell emanating from the car all the time.

Removing both the EGR and the Evap will also throw whole sets of codes as well. At least all of this is true for OBD2.

Not to mention any kind of plugs, block off plates, and new vacuum routing you'd have to do. It's a lot of work for whats maybe 20 lbs at most. You'll get better weight reduction at removing the spare and jack plus it'll increase your trunk volume.

Id only spend the effort to remove it if it's already broken and you don't wanna fix it.
>>
>>13941342
Removing things like the cat converter from your muffler might give you 5-10 kilowatts if you pay $800 to get the car tuned and a cold air intake might give you another 10.
And yes it will be more fuel efficient.
>>
>>13942317
>Removing the EGR will increase in cylinder temps
You surely mean "decrease" right?
>>
>>13942346
no, he doesn't... retard
>>
>>13942369
Are you implying recirculating exhaust gasses back through the intake decreases cylinder temperature? Please, elaborate.
>>
>>13941425
That was true years ago when cars only had one O2 sensor, now every car has two sensors at each end of the converter.
The first is there to probe the gasses and tell the car how rich or lean the engine is running so it can tweak the mixture accordingly.

The second is there exclusively to monitor the efficiency and health state of the converter.
If you were to remove the converter, the second sensor would read exactly the same thing the first one does and it will assume the converter is not working at all, so it will throw a code and potentially force the engine to run on a recovery map.

There is absolutely no way to run a modern car without a converter if you don't find a way to cheat on the second sensor's readings (and there are plenty of ways) or to map the engine so it can work without the second sensor completely.

You should learn how cars have been working for the past 10/15 years before writing the pile of bullshit you just wrote.
>>
>>13942377
Are you implying you didn't know what you're on about before saying he's wrong?
>>
>>13942377
when the gas fuel mixture is compressed and burning its burning at a about two thousand degrees, your exhaust is about a few hundred degrees when it comes right out of the manifold. EGR does cool down the temperature in order to prevent oxides of nitrogen forming.
>>
>>13942419
>Are you implying you didn't know what you're on about
That's not what I'm implying at all.
>removing the mechanism that recirculated exhaust gasses back through the intake causes cylinder temperature to increase
Again, care to elaborate in this? Retard?
>>
>>13942434
daww don't you know how EGR works?
never mind eh?
>>
>>13942430
>mixing 400 degree gases with what would otherwise be ambient temperature decreases overall temperature
Pardon my ignorance, but there's still something that doesn't add up here.
>>
>>13942377
>>13942434

Because when you introduce something that is inert (because it has been burned already), like exhaust gases, inside the combustion chamber, you are decreasing the amount of stuff that is actually burning.

Normal condition (EGR closed): full air and fuel mixture, total boom boom, a certain temp is reached.
With EGR open: part fresh air and fuel, part exhaust. Partial boom boom, a lower temperature is reached.
Less boom boom = less temperature
>>
File: 2015-09-18 18.29.30.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
2015-09-18 18.29.30.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>13941486
no there are 2 o2 sensors in most cars, one before the cat and one after the cat, the one after the cat doesn't matter for engine performance, it just pops a cel if the emissions are too high. But it won't make your car run like shit. The o2 sensor upstream will make it run like shit if something with it goes wrong.
Also I've got a test pipe, I bored out some spark plug defoulers and put my 02 sensor in that and I've run 3000km now without a check engine light.
>>
>>13942444
Fair enough, that makes sense. I appreciate your explanation without being intentionally obtuse and condescending, like that other retard.
>>
>>13942477
i might be a retard to you but at least i don't pretend to know stuff when i'm clueless
you deserve to be laughed at
>>
>>13942440
Don't concern youself with ambient air temps. Yes something that was just on fire is going to be hotter than the breeze outside your window. But when the piston compresses the air, fuel, and exhaust gas in an engine and ignites it with a spark, the air and fuel is going to burn creating a fuckton of heat, and the inert exhaust gasses, are going to help absorb and dissapate that heat. When we say cool down cylinder temps we mean going from 2500 degress F to 2100 degrees F. We are not trying to cool an intake charge. We are trying to cool down the explosion happening inside your engine, not ambient air temps
>>
>>13941821
why do people who know the least act like they're absolutely correct and certain in their knowledge
>>
>>13942513
>i might be a retard
True.
>but at least i don't pretend to know stuff when i'm clueless
>>13942369
You're implying the exact opposite here.
I saw something that didn't seem correct, questioned it, and had it explained. If you think this comes off as "pretending to know stuff when i'm clueless", then you must blindly believe everything you hear?
>>
>>13942444
>Because when you introduce something that is inert (because it has been burned already), like exhaust gases, inside the combustion chamber, you are decreasing the amount of stuff that is actually burning.

No it does not. Recirculating exhaust gas isn't going to reduce the amount of oxygen and fuel going into the engine. Not sure why you think it does.
>>
>>13942522
Yep, that's fair enough. Understood.
>>
>>13942569
because the intake manifold is not full of pure air. it contains exhaust gas. less air = less oxygen.
>>
>>13942569
Since the engine displacement obviously stays the same, there is definitely going to be a difference in the amount of f/a mix (and, therefore, of oxygen) between when the engine only breathes fresh air and when it breathes part air and part gases.
The ECU obviously knows when and how much the EGR opens, so it knows how to tune the fuel injection accounting for the fact that less fresh air is going into the cyilinders.

An example with invented numbers:
Say a cylinder has a 1L displacement, that means in ideal conditions there will be 1L of fresh air and fuel in there when the piston starts to go up. After that, everything burns as normal, a certain temperature is reached and the exhaust that is formed goes its merry way.
When the EGR opens, part of that 1L is going to be inert exhaust gases, which cannot burn because they have been burned already. So, let's say 1/4 is exhaust and 3/4 is fresh air and fuel. That means this time only 3/4 of a litre is going to burn, thus lowering the overall temperature of the gases that form after.

Of course numbers and proportions will vary depending on engine type, induction, EGR opening and a load of other factors, but the logic is the same.

I don't know what is so hard to figure. There is absolutely no way in which something that is partially inert has the same amount of oxygen as something with the same volume, but made of completely a completely flammable mixture.
>>
>>13942736
You're very stupid.
>>
File: Q9bMuSa.png (29KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
Q9bMuSa.png
29KB, 480x480px
>>13942776
That's a nicely articulated reply you got there, you totally showed me where and why I am wrong.
Good job
>>
>>13942317
>P0420
blaze it
>>
>>13942736
EGR is reduced or totally unused under full load.
During part load it even increases the effective engine output as it reduces the vacuum behind the throttle body's flap.
very simplified explanation.

pls excuse my horrible english.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.