[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I fucking hate Traction control. It's pointless and people

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

File: dashboard5_0.jpg (17KB, 620x458px) Image search: [Google]
dashboard5_0.jpg
17KB, 620x458px
I fucking hate Traction control. It's pointless and people who say it helps in the snow / ice are dumb. I live in Montana, and Traction control just seems to cause nothing but trouble. I can't disable it without disabling the ABS (Which IS nice to have on snow / ice)

What's the point? Especially on your basic car.
>>
>>13939437
Pull the fuse for it. Or disable whatever method it uses to cut throttle.
>>
saves tires
helps in the rain
>>
>>13939437
Where i come from it is referred to as "death control" because it allows you to lose the arse end of your car then cuts all of the power from you causing the car to spin out when if there was no traction control you could have saved it and done a mad drift in the process.
>>
>>13939495
in what fucking car does traction control do this?
>>
>>13939478

Mine uses the brakes to stop wheel spin... If I pull the fuse, I lose my ABS.
>>
>>13939499
Every car that has traction control?
Traction control kills the power... thats how it stops the wheels spinning.
There is also shit like Electronic stability control which does dodgy shit like brake your inside driver wheel around a right hand corner like wtf.
>>
>>13939495
>>13939514
Unless you are driving an RR, there is no reason for cutting the throttle to cause the car to spin out. That is exactly what traction control is trying to prevent, not cause.
>>
>>13939523
Are you retarded?
If you lose the arse end on a car then let of the throttle you will do a 360 loop straight away, if you give it more throttle and counter steer there is a chance you can save it.
Traction control takes that ability to save the slide away from you and replaces it with "do a 360 into a tree"
>>
>>13939437
>>13939495

It keeps normies out of bad situations where they don't have the know-how or presence of mind to save themselves in ways that traction control prevents. If you trust yourself more than TCS, then make sure you only buy cars where t can be disabled.

It's easy to forget, because we're mostly uptight young men here, but most people just kinda drift through life learning the bare minimum about even the important things they do, like operating two-ton vehicles.
>>
>>13939552
>If you lose the arse end on a car then let of the throttle you will do a 360 loop straight away
Hahahaha. And you called me retarded.
>>
>>13939552
i think you are the retarded one here
or you've never driven a car before
>>
>>13939561
Have you never taken a single car sideways in your entire life?
This is what happens when you let off the throttle while going sideways....
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMp3WyPdj8I
Traction control kills people, especially in the wet, that electronic stability control shit is alright that actually saves lives it just feels so wrong when the car is braking 1 wheel without you telling it to do so.
>>
>>13939553
Yep, I've had to yell at friends to come off the gas when understeering in their fwd cars. Pretty much saved both our lives
>>
>>13939593
using that one-tonner that was already fishing like a cunt is a bad example t.bh f.am

this is more fitting
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-Ys7Hb244Y
>>
>>13939600
What the fuck, your friends are idiots you pop the hand brake to bring the arse end out, drop it back a gear and floor the mother fucker to bring it back around.
I swear to god you people should never be allowed to drive a car.
Go do an advanced driving course or something.
>>
>>13939437
>abs fuse pulled
>traction control fuse pulled
All ready for a safe, predictable winter.
>>
>>13939609
>your friends are idiots you pop the hand brake to bring the arse end out, drop it back a gear and floor the mother fucker to bring it back around
if youre going like 40kmh in an open parking lot or something, sure. not on an actual road at speed unless you want to go flying into a tree instantly.
>>
>>13939437
Traction control, like abs, is okay in high and moderate grip situations.
If you've got new snow tires it works fine. It's still stupid but it doesn't impeded progress.
If you've got all seasons, summers, or worn snow tires, tcs hurts in the snow.
>>
>>13939437
you must be a terrible and dangerous driver. If you don't drive like a degenerate, traction control becomes beneficial is many low grip scenarios.
>>
>>13941120
Depends on the car, but I find cars much more predictable and easier to maneuver in snow without TCS.
>>
>>13941120
You know what else helps and isnt capable of impairing your throttle response? This little thing called threshold braking.
>>
>>13941120
surely traction control and abs is for people driving like mad cunts.

you'll never activate either in normal driving, except in those low grip situations where abs is fucking shit
>>
tc keeps a retard who goes 100% throttle when its snowing from spinning into a tree
>>
>>13941173
This is how I use traction control on cars that have it. Just mat the fucking pedal and let the TC take care of everything.

Different cars have different TC programming, some really suck, others are pretty OK. My favorite is the Delco system on a lot of front-drive GM stuff, it doesn't pull excessive power. Toyota's practically stop at the first sign of trouble, and Benzes actually do stop.
>>
>>13941578
>Just mat the fucking pedal and let the TC take care of everything
Get out
>>
I actually really enjoyed it in my 02 s60 t5. It was called DSTC or what volvo called dynamic stability and traction control. It was actually pretty smart for 2002.

Since the car had no Lsd from the factory, the car would electronically control the brakes on the front wheels individually, essentially controlling wheelspin in a slightly shit tier manner than w/Lsd.

The car also controlled the rear brakes individually, and applied more braking to the outside wheel if more turning was required, the moment you hit some counter steer though, the car tries it's hardest to regain control.

It's a sort of system that has leeway in its conditions when you turn into stuff and want to have fun, but will tip the scale and go full save your ass if you apply countersteer. Bretty gud
>>
File: ss (2015-10-29 at 04.43.35).png (53KB, 239x215px) Image search: [Google]
ss (2015-10-29 at 04.43.35).png
53KB, 239x215px
Kek, the only time I lost control of my car was when I had TCS on.
Everytime I get in it now I turn it off and drive the same asinine way.
>>
>>13939502
Then disable the method it uses to cut throttle. Usually a second buttefly valve.

Otherwise look for a ecu refresh.
>>
>ITT TCS haters have no idea what TCS actually does

As always with hate threads on 4chan
>>
> no abs
> no traction control
> literally anything
> mfw better than any assisted thing
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.