[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just got this turbo manifold for free from a co-worker He said

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 8

File: image.jpg (1MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 2592x1936px
I just got this turbo manifold for free from a co-worker
He said its to some sort of Volkswagen or Audi about the same year as my car (01)
Is their any way I could easily and cheaply jerry rig this thing onto my shitclipse?
>>
image.jpg
1MB, 2592x1936px
>>
>>13936865
That's an alternator, dude.
>>
image.jpg
1MB, 2592x1936px
Pic related my engine as of now
>>
>>13936877
your car looks sad.
>>
>>13936883
How? It's a clean bay and she's runs great I just changed internal timing belt too.
>>
>>13936877
yeah, should just bolt right up. just cut your exhaust and weld it to the manifold. then use your radiator for an intercooler and you should be good. go to pep boys for some silicone piping and take an afternoon. then you'll be making mad boost easy as that.
>>
>>13936877
Are you the guy with the riced tiburon?
>>
>>13936865
Short answer, no.

Long answer, you'd have to find a new intake manifold that fits your specific engine, then mod the turbo itself to connect to said manifold, then get a new ECU and tune it. You'd be better off sending what you have to the scrap heap and buying off-the-shelf items.

You won't get a VW/Audi manifold to work on your Mistubishi without assloads of work and money. It's not worth it.
>>
>turbine is built into the manifold
lol

op that thing is a paperweight as far as youre concerned.
>>
>>13936902
this, can confirm.

i was looking at a turbo set up from an A class engine used in planes cause my friend works there and they have loafs of turbo set ups lying around. i drive an old c-class, and not even the
a-class turbo sets would fit mine, and that was for the same brand and engine years. so an audi/vw turbo surely wont fit into your mitsubishi without assloads amount of work and money, and then you might as well buy a legit turbo set up.
>>
>>13936897
No it's a riced turd gen eclipse pussy
>>13936902
Also why new intake manifold? Why not just connect the intake section to my throttle body with shit piping? hahahaha
>>
>>13936877
>"cold air" intake right behind the hot radiator
IHSSDILDNT
>>
image.jpg
1MB, 2592x1936px
>>13936943
It's above the radiator fan stfu haha
I really wanna do this because I hate my car
If the four cylinders go where my old manifold is, what do the other sections go to?
>>
File: hecticskidz~01.png (291KB, 480x693px) Image search: [Google]
hecticskidz~01.png
291KB, 480x693px
>>
image.jpg
1MB, 2592x1936px
>>13936962
Blow off valve is on the left in the quoted photo. Where would I attach that part to?
Where would this bottom part (pic related) connect to? Intercooler piping?
Would the top piece connect to my intake?
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>13936965
Ew you. Couldn't have posted this one instead?
No but really guiz I wanna blow up my shit box in a fun way
>>
>>13936965

Ayy
>>
This thread is bait.

If this isn't bait you need to go read a book on turbo charging.
Garrett's website has a good turbo introduction.
>>
File: 20151116_193958.jpg (23KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
20151116_193958.jpg
23KB, 480x640px
>tfw Carlito a tardfarm

Have some post thanksgiving sideboob.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.