[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, how important is this part (n9)? It's an oil nozzle

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: 1448584669266.jpg (195KB, 1108x554px) Image search: [Google]
1448584669266.jpg
195KB, 1108x554px
So, how important is this part (n9)?

It's an oil nozzle from a J35Z5 Honda Ridgline Engine. I bought all the parts for the rebuild, and when taken apart one of these was broken.

The mechanic doing the repair told me he could fix the part or block off the port, leaving it with no nozzle, as he told me there "wouldn't be any problems with that"

I highly doubt it. IT's thrre for a reason.

What do? Shipping it from abroad would take at least two weeks, and cost me over 100 bucks because fucking third world custom laws.
>>
you already asked bro
>>
>Engines don't need oil, it's a myth.

Get the part, it's a measily hundred bucks for an engine worth several thousand.
>>
>>13936816
Yeah, but I'm working in the coutnryside. I get an Internet connection for a couple of hours a day, and the thread died before I could see if anyone replayed. Sorry

>>13936823
I know, I mean, I know it isn't the main oil supply, but if I understand what that piece does is to provide lubrication to the rod
>>
>>13936810
bump
>>
>>13936810
>individual main bearing caps
HAHAHA THAT'S SO CHEAP
>>
You might as well just get the part. If it has other standard oil weeps for the bearings I'm sure it will be fine, but regardless the engine was still designed to have a nozzle pointing at something.

No one on /o/ has probably ever seen the inside of a J35Z5 much less analyzed the oil system so you're really barking up the wrong tree.

>13937418
That's normal..
>>
>>13937471
It reminds me of the GM high value V6, where only two of the 6 cylinders have under piston oil sprayers to correct an uneven oiling condition.
>>
>>13937471
>>13937418
>That's normal..
For 1980. After 1990, we began using bed plates, semi-blocks, bearing cages etc. The J -series was released in 96 and is like a 1980 V6 (Sohc, weak bottom end, timing belt etc)
>>
>>13937479
yeah, its obviously there for a reason. and that's probably exactly why. maybe the rear of the engine gets hotter. maybe oil pressure dips there because of the oil passage layout. idk im not an engineer. but someone at honda thought it was a good idea.

you just spent thousands on a rebuild whats a $100 part to ensure it goes back as it came out.
>>
>>13937493
This only makes sense. Never scrimp esp after a rebuild
>>
File: 1447046629458.png (2MB, 2227x610px) Image search: [Google]
1447046629458.png
2MB, 2227x610px
>>13936810
Do it once, do it right, buy the part.

And find a new mechanic
>>
>>13937488
2jz has individual caps and it's one of the strongest stock bottom ends in a production car. i dont think it even have a girdle stock.

it's not "cheap", it's just not needed.
neither is a timing chain or dohc.

if you want to pay an extra 10k for those then go ahead, but the market doesn't.
>>
>>13937572
My 1991 All Alloy DOHC V6 has a split block, semi-deep skirt design with 6 main bolts, 6 oil jets and they're low-key and sell cheap and can be found in family sedans. Honda really has got nothing for me.
>>
>>13937603
vh45?
>>
OP here.

Guess Ill suck it up and wait another week for the part.
>>
>>13937560
happy porsche is right
>>
Hey Buttymun, what do you say
>>
>>13937814
just go and get it you lazy fuck
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.