[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, to get rid of the understeer, I just went from 205s to 225s

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: send 6445.jpg (539KB, 1224x816px) Image search: [Google]
send 6445.jpg
539KB, 1224x816px
So, to get rid of the understeer, I just went from 205s to 225s in the front of my 986. Understeer is gone but now there's oversteer. This is fine at autox but now I'm worried that I made the car semi dangerous on the street.
>>
>>13934890
If anything it will pose more a threat in rain or snow.
I don't think you have anything to worry about if you drive in a civilized manner on a day to day basis.
>>
you probably could have tuned it out with swaybars and tire pressure alone tbqh instead of some retarded backwards stagger
>>
>>13934890
>FWD
>>
>>13934906
My main worry is on/off ramps in the cold (NY). With the 205s I had quite a bit of indication before the front went. And even then, it was recoverable.
>>
>>13934910

Got 255s in the back but I found some dry rot on the tires, so I replaced the front. That's when I decided i might as well go with 225s for more grip.
>>
>>13934911

RWD
>>
>>13934932
oh that's fine then
>>
Just don't be shit and it won't be a problem.
I ran 235s all round on my SW20 before and it was fine even in the wet as long as you paid attention.
>>
>>13934939
>RWD
wow thats shit
you couldn't even be brave or interesting?
fuck off with your rwd elitist bullshit
>>
>>13934950
>>13934966

Just kinda spooked because I ran them in autox last week, got a handful of oversteer and nearly lost it, went OC but didn't spin. With the 205's any understeer was easy to control and ride out.
>>
>>13934970

TRIGGERED
>>
>>13934982
Go to a skidpan or similar and learn how to drive with the throttle, that way if you get hektik on the street it won't be a problem.
>>
>>13934993
god forbid someone have a genuine opinion in this hell hole
>>
>>13934890
Learn to drive first; then mod the car
>>
>>13934982
If you have adjustable coilovers, reducing rebound in the rear relative to the front will help make the car more neutral.
Ultimately on-ramps won't be problematic regardless of conditions as long as you aren't quick on the throttle mid turn.
>>
>>13935034
>quick on the throttle
It's MR, going on the throttle keeps grip in the rear end, it's off-ramps you need to worry about. If the cunt in front of you suddenly slows down mid corner and it's wet, you back can get full hektik.

This wasn't a problem for me, but like 4 days after i bought my SW20 i spent a full day at a skidpan and learnt how to deal so whenever it rained i had much fun.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.