[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

One of my favourite things about the car scene is that, for the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6

One of my favourite things about the car scene is that, for the most part, everyone’s respectful. No matter what you like or what you can afford, you can be pretty sure that people will appreciate the effort. Well it seems to be the opposite for the most part on /o/. Why if someone posts something that they enjoyed modifying, but it just so happens to be a "poor person's" car is there so much hate. I don't understand why real car people even post on /o/. it's almost as toxic as /b/ especially if someone is trying to be serious, or wants constructive criticism.
>>
>>13932391
Kill yourself
Civics are grocery getters for people who don't like cars
>type r
Doesn't male your 90s 5th gen/6th gen civic an eg6 or an ek9
>>
>>13932417
I have a 95 Accord Wagon SiR
>>
>>13932419
Lol
>>
>>13932424
then what do you drive? you could't find an SiR wagon if you tried.
>>
>expecting people to be nice when their reputation isn't at stake
Also i-VTEC is the only VTEC worth a shit.
>>
>>13932433
What are you even talking about?
do you even know the difference between the two?
someone probably told you that and you just took it as fact. that's called hearsay.
>>
File: IMG_20151022_213818532.jpg (3MB, 4320x2432px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151022_213818532.jpg
3MB, 4320x2432px
>>13932391
>go to actual car meet
>people are actually cool
Feels gud
>>
>>13932444
I know. i go to cars and coffee. but this forum specifically is not very useful, that's what im saying
>>
>>13932441
90s VTEC only engages like 1k away from the redline and then kicks in like a horse on steroids. i-VTEC fixed both those faults.
>>
>>13932451
My obd-1 v-tec kicks in from 3k to 5k and stays maxed untill the redline of 7.5k. i think you have been misinformed. My engine is an H-22a. It originally was in the prelude. but it went from 184 to 217 hp to go in the SiR wagon.
>>
File: Toyota_Soarer_20_001[2].jpg (288KB, 1280x600px) Image search: [Google]
Toyota_Soarer_20_001[2].jpg
288KB, 1280x600px
>>13932444

>Going to car meets where there are no street races after

Literally why?
>>
>>13932429
Why would I want an FF wagon in a "sporty" trim that just barely puts it on the same level as a base integra
>>
>>13932459
the people?
>>
>>13932449
Then just leave. Or try Honda general for Honda stuff.
>>
File: 3c44deb640[1].png (339KB, 704x323px) Image search: [Google]
3c44deb640[1].png
339KB, 704x323px
>>13932463

>Go to car meets
>For the people

Lol?
The people who do their cars like this?
>>
>>13932462
because it's a blast to drive. and its useful.
>>
>>13932459
There are street races actually. My car is 2 slow though. Goy who organizes them drives a c5.
>>
>>13932468
Don't care
>>
>>13932467
it doesn't matter. the people there, no matter what sub culture they are part of are still passionate about their cars, and all they wan't to do is talk to you about them. you can ask questions all day. so yes. there is more to car culture than yelling at people for having sub-500hp automatics.
>>
>>13932449

if you expect useful, you've come to the wrong place, newfriend
>>
>>13932451
> kicks in like a horse on steroids
> fault
>>
>>13932478

No. There is still that, well not yelling. But car meets are full of normies who diss no matter what it is.
Here though, whatever is said is considered a person's full input.
When in real life when someone says "lol automatic" they really don't mean much by it.
Because there is still more to talk about.

Stancefags get dissed on as much as autofags or the whole "import vs domestic" argument.
Then there are always the fucking GTR fags who come in and the mustang guys get mad. And the whole bullshit.
There are fights.
And my city has less than 200k.
>>
>>13932467
well you're gonna go for the cars if they're platidipped shitboxes
>>
>>13932464
Why are you here, Apex? You're one of the better posters on here, what do you get out of /o/? You of all people should know its toxicity.
>>
>>13932490
that kind of makes sense. also that's a sick miata.
>>
File: 2AKupQL[1].jpg (369KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
2AKupQL[1].jpg
369KB, 3264x2448px
My local car meet has turned into the local vape meet.
People drive their slightly modified cars just to fucking talk about ohms and clouds.

Pic related, send this picture to your boss and say your engine is busted.
>>
>>13932497
im not him, but ive been lurking here for 4 years or so. something is only toxic if you allow it to be toxic. believe it or not it is pretty entertaining (more than tv at least) to read some of these threads
>>
>>13932497
Mostly s chassis general. /o/ isn't that bad sometimes
>>
>>13932631
FF is a horrible drive train for stupid people who don't care about cars
>>
Anytime i bring up that my DD is an A/T
>hurrr manual swap
>manual betar dan automatic
>shud buy a manual
Im sorry faggots but i cant be fucked to shift in 3 hours of traffic.
Also no one ever understands that my car is going to be hooned and is a strict commuter car
>hurrr u shud swap da engine
>hurr buy cai and modz
Fuck you
>>
>>13932640
Here's your reply
>>
I used to hang out with some car guys.

We had my FD. We had an S2000 that was pretty highly modified(still NA) with individual throttle bottles. There was some SRT Neons. Some car that had the tiniest back seats that was sold in Mexico.

Everyone was chill and cool. None of the RWD guys said shit about the FF cars. Hell, my FD was beaten by some rickety ass Neons that squeal and squeak but where fast as FUCK from a rolling start, so what's the point? People have different things they like in cars.
We mostly went gokart racing and stuff instead of talking about cars.

Worse that happened is that the S2000 guy thought his car was better handling than my FD to make up for it being slower, and got all sad looking when the people that have ridden in my FD shot him down so embarrassingly. Should have went for the "well my top goes down" thing.
>>
>>13932643
No fuck you
Fuck you for thinking a/t is only for commuter A-B
Nobody is on your side when you alienate everyone dickhead.
>>
>>13932451
F20C/F22C1 would like a word with you.
>>
>>13932417
> this is what you tell yourself
>civic r superior to your car in every way
>>
>>13932391
>it's another "I'm pretending to be a stancefag" thread
>>
>>13933516
Can you read you moron
>>
>One of my favourite things about the car scene is that, for the most part, everyone’s respectful
Not really
>>
>>13932417
Everything 16 valve is just posing and marketing tricks. 12 valve ftw.
>>
>>13933274
>baby crying this hard about an anon wanting to own an A/T
Kill yourself
>>
>>13933647
Kill yourself
Learn to read
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.