[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can someone tell me what this belt is called / what it's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

Can someone tell me what this belt is called / what it's for ?
It's squeaking fairly loudly.
>>
Looks like the serpentine belt. Can you get a better, more encompassing picture ?
>>
>>13927501
Certainly
Give me a moment.
>>
>>13927497
looks like a serpentine m8. probably just a bad fit, or wear.
>>
You mean the serpentine belt?????

But are you sure it's the belt and not just a bad idler pully? Those can go bad too.
>>
Its 1 of 2 belts. Either it goes from the crank to the water pump, or it goes from the crank to the alternator.

Squeaking means the belt is worn, a pully is bad, or a tensioner is bad.

If it fails your car with either overheat and die, or the car wont start and will need a new battery
>>
File: 20151125_150649.jpg (918KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20151125_150649.jpg
918KB, 2048x1152px
>>13927501
>>
>>13927497
Accessory belt, you either have one Serpentine belt for Power Steering AC and the Alternator (on your pic) or there are individual belts for PS/AC/ALT.

Also, turn off AC/Defrost before you shut off your car, that way it is off when you turn it back on, eases the tension and can stop the initial loud squeal.

It is a fairly easy job to replace them, loosen the belt tensioners and viola, they pull right out.
Just make sure to properly torque the bolts and tension the belts or they will wear out quickly.
>>
>>13927524
Intersting. It didn't squeal until I turned on AC today.
>>
File: 20151125_150701.jpg (770KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20151125_150701.jpg
770KB, 2048x1152px
>>
Those Hyundais have an Idler Puller that has shit bearings, so it wears down the belt pretty bad and you have this god awful squeal that is a combination of the idler pulley and belt. I would suggest you go pick up new belts and the idler pulley, should not cost more then $25 out the door at your local vatozone.
>>
>>13927544
Thanks !
>>
File: belt.gif (10KB, 268x201px) Image search: [Google]
belt.gif
10KB, 268x201px
>>13927551
Don't go and do this yourself.
>>
>>13927535
I had the same issue, but on my Tacoma, which has separate belts (Inline 4)
if you don't want to fix it NOW because it is cold, get some "Belt Conditioner" from Vatozone. A good spray once or twice a week should keep you satisfied.
I Would recommend that you do as many idlers (The spinny things that aren't the Crankshaft, PS/AC/ALT) as possible because when those shit the bed they will take the belt with them quickly.
>>
>>13927582
Awesome - thanks for the info !
>>
>>13927586
How many miles on the car?
>>
I'd just like to thank OP for uploading clear, sharp images of what they're talking about instead of Frosty-esque smear monstrosities. We need more people like that.
>>
ONLY buy a OEM toyota belt
>>
>>13928847
Toyota doesn't make belts
>>
>>13928847
>OP is complaining about his Hoondayy
>GGEYYAHH BUY TOY YODA BELT
You are a special person aren't you?
Remember mummy loves you, and new daddy is going to show you his new gun in the woods tomorrow!
>>
>>13927497
its a serpentine belt, it will squeak if the tension is wrong or it is dirty.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.