[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey, I want to know what kinds of problems come with converting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: maxresdefault(2).jpg (69KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault(2).jpg
69KB, 1280x720px
Hey, I want to know what kinds of problems come with converting a Front wheel drive car into a Rear wheel drive car? Other than the fact that converting a ff car to rwd turbo is probably very expensive. Would it be easy to mess up any wiring or anything? Because, I want to have my civic hatch (image is not mine but is same kind) to be able to drift. Thanks for the responses. P.S. Please don't flame me I am young and I am still learning.
>>
>>13922118
>wiring
ahahhhaaahaahaahahahaha
>>
Is this pasta?
>>
>>13922118
Well, you'd need to change the motor and transmission

and cutting, welding

it's not worth it unless you're doing a ridiculous $50,000+ build

infact the only time I've heard of a legit FF to FR conversion was a beefed up Scion xB on Top Gear America as some taxi challenge, and that was a $100,000 build..
>>
>>13922153
your incorrect.
you can keep the engine but you, will have to adapt a rwd gearbox and differential to the fwd engine. and make new mounting points for your engine, transmission and differential.
because the engine was fwd the distributor will need to be moved as it will be hitting the fire wall and you obviously still need to be able to service it. you dont need to spend a 100,000 to get a rwd based fwd car.

or buy a ford focus. the rwd swap is all over the web (kegel components) so parts wont cost you a small fortune and all the hard work has already been done. all you have to do is mount everything
>>
>>13922206
so you're going to just bolt a trans to the side of a east-west facing engine?
>>
The easiest way would be to convert to awd, and the disconnect all of the fwd stuff and I think the center diff. AWD civics have been done many times, it isnt easy but it sounds straightforward enough. I would look into doing that.
>>
>find rekt S2K
>strip it
>cut Civic up
>weld tranny tunnel + rear floor section from S2K
>weld engine mounts
>drop drivetrin in
>>
>>13922118
probably not too difficult seeing as the CRV diff bolts in.
get any rwd gearbox, s2000, bmw, t5 doesn't matter. get a bellhousing welded up or an adpter cncd
if you keep the B series you need to get that to spin in reverse which means swapping the water pump impeller (or electric wp), re-degreeing the cams and rewiring the starter and alternator.
then it's mounts and welding in a tunnel, redoing pipes, exhaust mani and intake, extending wiring, chopping the sump, and hoping the steering rack/column clears and sorting something out if it doesn't.

not much then..
>>
saved it
>>
>>13922231
just drill a few holes and itll be good. but if you have a north-south or west-east facing engine it may take some fabrication
>>
https://sites.google.com/site/gobaltss/

like the RWD 6.0 cobalt lol
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.