[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've been driving the same zx3 Focus for 10 years, so this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6

File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
I've been driving the same zx3 Focus for 10 years, so this Saturday I decided to splurge a little and bought a 2015 Fiesta ST.

I spent the week prior test driving various other cars, mostly in the hatchback category because I love them. I tested the Fiesta ST and Focus ST, Mini S, Fiat Abarth, Golf, and an FRS just for giggles. The Fiesta ST blew them all out of the water in fun factor and had some great rebates, so now it's sitting in my garage.

My question is this, what are your favorite cars of the last 10 years that are in the neighborhood of 25k? Pic related, my new toy.
>>
>>13920974
I've got a JCW Clubman that I enjoy quite a bit.
>>
>>13920974
No Veloster turbo? It's cheaper, faster, better on gas, and a better warranty. It's better in every single way.
>>
File: 1336201763602.jpg (22KB, 480x461px) Image search: [Google]
1336201763602.jpg
22KB, 480x461px
>>13921028
>No Veloster turbo? It's cheaper, faster, better on gas, and a better warranty. It's better in every single way.

all of my keks
>>
>>13921028
Haha, you're from that hilarious "I bought a veloster to be a rally tuner" thread aren't you?

Priceless thread right there
>>
>>13921001
Awesome choice
>>
I think I’m going to order a new focus hatch 2.0 5 speed next week.

I test drove one last week and liked it. They had one on the lot in blue candy and I fell in love, such a great blue. I want to order one with the 201A package though.

pic related, what I want to order.
>>
>>13920974
Why did you test the Golf and not the GTI?
>>
>>13920974
Fucking hourly SHILL thread
>>
>>13921081
>butt-blasted bowtie owner
>>
>>13921087
Wrong. Chebby sucks just as bad.
>>
>>13921081
What? Dude I just bought the car because I liked it and want to talk about other cars that other people like, how am I even shilling lol

>>13921070
Looks awesome, my zx3 from '03 is a 5 speed and is still such an awesome little beast that I'm keeping it.

I'll be ripping out the guts and tearing the thing down so I can rebuild it into a hilarious off-road racer. Down here in San Diego, there are a LOT of dirt track things to enjoy that I can't take the Fiesta ST to, so if I want cheap regular track fun, it's dirt o'clock. Nearest tarmac track is friggin Riverside, but the Otay Truck Trail is a blast
>>
>>13921129
>shilling
Hermahgurd guys look at the 2015 ST
It has all these things better than other cars and is so much fun to drive!!! Don't buy other cars guys!!! Get a focus ST
>not shilling at all
>>
>>13921080
I'm sorry, slip of the finger/tongue, I've been calling them all Golfs for my whole damn life. I did indeed test the GTI, it was a complete MONSTER.
>>
>>13920974
looks nice OP. congrats.
>>
>>13921140
I....I got the fiesta....

Dang, sure wish I WAS getting paid for my opinion, that would be awesome as fuck.
>>
>>13921173
Well your opinion is shit
Enjoy replacing a clutch and brakes every 20k miles and check engine lights forever
>>
>>13921152
A monster in a bad or a good way?
>>
>>13921184
You're kind of cute when you're pouty.

Back on track though, other fave cars around 25k? Doesn't need to be hatchbacks
>>
File: 1444771134023.jpg (2MB, 1800x1012px) Image search: [Google]
1444771134023.jpg
2MB, 1800x1012px
I bought a '15 Focus ST with 14.5k miles on it from a Manheim auction. I test drove most of the cars OP did, as well as some C5s. I wanted to buy the corvette, but I already have an older truck, and I wouldn't be able to drive a C5 here in Michigan during the winter.
The Fiesta felt more lively driving it, like anything could happen. The Focus is still somewhat unstable, but not quite as giddy. My biggest reason for going Focus over Fiesta was the size, I am pretty tall and the Fiesta was simply too small.
>>
>>13921192
I'm sorry, I sometimes forget my speech idioms don't translate well into text. It's a GREAT car, fast, very agile. What steered me away from it was the driving position. It felt like it was trying a little too hard to be relaxing luxury mixed with performance, whereas I was looking for a tight cockpit feel. Absolutely beastly acceleration in the GTI though
>>
>>13921241
I really liked the GTI as well, but I was only able to buy Ford, Lincoln and Toyota cars at auction. My ST cost me $18,600 where as a '15 GTI, even with 15k miles on it, would have been a whole hell of a lot more. If I had the money, I would have gone with the GTI.
>>
>>13921236
How much did you pay? I actually shill for these cars (For FREE) and wanna get a idea for their depreciation curve. I know the STs haven't sold well at all so they're holding value like crazy even with Ford discounting them like theyre free (last I checked the price difference between a new and used one was $2-3k), just because the people who would buy a ST know what they are.

And yeah the only comparable car I'd get is a preowned FRS/BRZ
>>
>>13921236
I agree with the "anything could happen" feeling, it's quite spry

My reason for not choosing the focus ST is the same reason I didn't choose the GTI, too much luxury-meets-performance feel. I think cars in the 25k range trying to feel luxurious is just oxymoronic.
>>
>>13921253
I paid $18,600 but I was able to get it from a dealer only Manheim auction through a family friend. I went to three different auctions and bid on ~10 Focus STs. This car had the highest trim level (ST3) and a moonroof. Also that color consistently sold for less than most others even though it's an $800 option from the factory, Black, Gray, White and red all sold high. The price was the only reason I bought this particular color and at first I wasn't too happy with it but it's growing on me.

If you're really interested I can pull prices from Manheim. That is what dealers pay for used cars bought from Ford Financing (executive leases, damage from the factory like lemon laws, hail or paint miss matches and test mules)
>>
>>13921253
I got an AMAZING deal on it after all the rebates and employee/family pricing. I walked out of there for 17.2k, paying 273/mo.
>>
>>13921278
I tracked the prices of some Fiesta STs for fun, $17.2k is not far off auction prices. Nice buy.
>>
>>13921251
Yeah the GTI was completely awesome, and I'll be honest, the Foat Abarth was actually quite zippy as well. I did feel like it would fly off a tight curve and end up upside down in a ditch if you weren't careful, but it was fun.

However, that thing has even LESS utility for a hatchback than the Fiesta ST does, and that's saying something
>>
>>13921293
Wow no shit? I knew I got a good deal, but didn't know it was that good. I got it brand new, 286 miles on the odometer from their moving it to a closer dealership for me
>>
File: brz.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
brz.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Just took deliver of this thing last week.
Such a good handling car and great fun!
>>
>>13921336
Awesome dude, grats!! Lots of fun! I enjoyed the test drive I took in mine, but I honestly found the acceleration lacking a bit.

That said, if I bought one I would slap a turbo into it and be happier than a pig in shit. Can't beat the RWD love
>>
>>13921349

Maybe in about 2 years or so, but for now its good enough for me. I think it will take a while for me to get to know the full potential of this car on the track, even tho its "only" 200hp
>>
>>13920974
>FWD

what a huge waste of money
>>
>>13921360
Bah, NA at 200 is just fine, I promise the majority of the people on this board can't handle 200hp NA anywhere near its full potential, much less 200hp turbo'd

>>13921363
What would you have picked brand new around 25k, since that's what this thread is about.
>>
>>13921028
I worked at both a Ford dealer and a Hyundai dealer. The Fiesta ST is superior compared to the Veloster Turbo in almost every way, the regular Fiesta compared to the regular Veloster is another story.

Congrats >>13920974. There is some really lucrative rebates and buying options on the ST cars right now, especially the Fiesta. Also, during my time at Ford where I was a service advisor I was very impressed how reliable both ST cars were. The regular Fiesta and Focus have been plagued by transmission issues due to Fords brutal DCT, where the ST cars very rarely came into the dealership for much other than regular maintenance.

For the record I am not a fan of Ford nor Hyundai, but the ST's are great cars, I look forward to seeing how they age and depreciate. They could be an awesome used bargain in a few years.
>>
Honestly, at $25k I'd be heavily torn between an Ecoboost Mustang or a Fiesta ST. A mustang is a mustang, and the Fiesta ST is basically a better Zx2. Tough choice.
>>
I picked up my new WRX last Thursday after cross-shopping the GTI, Fiesta/Focus ST, BRZ, and Ecoboost Mustang.

My WRX cost about 36k all-in though, (including tax), so I guess that doesn't fit the arbitrary criterion of 25k.
>>
>>13921626
I completely understand, the stang is cool and all, just a little too large of a vehicle for my liking. Awesome cars nonetheless
>>
>>13921564
Longevity was something of a concern of mine, but seeing as the zx3 I had made it to 156k miles and is still running strong made me a little more confident. I realize that's not the average for older fords though.

I was also wondering what that guy was talking about with the "need a new clutch and brakes every 20k" miles. I'm thinking probably not many people have even gotten their fiesta ST's to 20k, but regardless the only engineering/mechanical issue I know of is the really soft engine mount.
>>
>>13921691
Awesome, if o hadn't just bought a house, I would have been looking in the 35+ range, but this mortgage will be a challenge for a couple years, so k went small. They really need to bring back the STI wagon......
>>
OP are you still here?
>>
>>13921720
Yeah I am, what's up? I actually just got back from a relaxing drive
>>
>>13922208
Tell me about the Fiat
>>
File: Si1.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
Si1.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Picked up this 2012 civic si a couple weeks ago.
$16k with 22k miles on it.
Needed a reliable DD that was good on gas since i commute 50 miles a day for work.

So far i love it.
>>
>>13920974
Remove the front plate you neanderthal
>>
>>13920974
are you going to go to the rally course school that ford gives you when you buy a focus st or fiesta st?
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.