[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help please. I leased a scion FRS 2016 black and the transmission

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

File: 2015-Scion-FRS-feature.jpg (151KB, 610x361px) Image search: [Google]
2015-Scion-FRS-feature.jpg
151KB, 610x361px
Help please. I leased a scion FRS 2016 black and the transmission feels really clunky, it stops me from changing gears at times. People are telling me to change the tranny fluid but i want to know if it will void my warranty and if i can tell the dealership to do it for me.
>>
did... you lease a manual? You can do that?

if it's automatic it's probably still just breaking in. they feel rough for the first 1-2k miles.

it's a lease, just drive the balls off of it and hand it back to the nerds.
>>
>>13906454
You are retarded the warranty covers and repairs if its a lease car dumbass 2/10 for making me reply.
>>
bro if you just bought it. that car has warranty . just get off your ass and take it to the dealer so they can fix it for free. why even trouble yourself
>>
>>13906478
yea leased a manual it was impossible to find...
>>13906480
>>13906482
no you dont understand the tranny fluid they provide from toyota sucks ass. Im asking if i put a different tranny fluid from the one intended will the warrenty be voided? im saying if i replace it.
>>
>>13906601
not if no one finds out
>>
File: 1424659727906.jpg (69KB, 474x500px) Image search: [Google]
1424659727906.jpg
69KB, 474x500px
christ this hurts
>>
>>13906454
Get the fluid level checked at the dealership first.

Subaru have a bad habit of underfilling boxes.

Also seriously you need to match your gears better (IE; shift faster going up, blip the throttle going down). If you're in the right rev range you'll get less clunk. The problem goes away on its own as the syncros wear in at about 10kmi.
>>
>>13906647
thanks man appreciate it
>>
that and for the love of christ stop saying "tranny fluid".

It's hypoid gear oil.
>>
>>13906454
1. These cars have synchro issues, take it back to the dealer.
2. Get rid of it and buy one. Leasing a car, especially one like this is a dumb move.
>>
>>13906674
No sweat. Have fun with that thing.

Oh; Load it up while you're breaking it in. Don't exceed the rev range but chuck it into higher gears and give it full throttle (in sport mode, so it doesn't adjust the throttle back as much). Helps with setting rings apparently, according to a Subaru builder I know.
>>
>>13906677
I'd be buying one myself (and did). I don't like the idea of minor changes being a shitfight.
>>
>>13906677
yeah this. the synchros know when you don't own the vehicle and behave differently. obviously.
solution is to buy it and make it your problem instead of the dealers.
>>
>>13906675
Ayy lmao kill yourself queer
>>
>>13906706
Some manuals take transmission fluid.

this is not one of those manuals. It takes hypoid gear oil. Gear oil for short.
>>
>>13906712
Right...

But it's for the transmission...

Fluid... for the transmission...

TRANSMISSION FLUID. Are you dense? I'm gonna sneak up on you at night and make you leak some hypoid FEAR oil. That means you'll piss your pants, fooshbwah!
>>
>>13906712
no i know most people dont know that i was asking it as a general question if it will void the warranty but>>13906675
thinks hes a mechanic
>>
File: 1447648929271s.jpg (4KB, 125x124px) Image search: [Google]
1447648929271s.jpg
4KB, 125x124px
>>13906675
you mad bro?
>>
>>13906454
did you try plugging it in?
>>
>>13906454
use break fluid to clean out your transmission and use duck sauce for a week and then put your hyper grid oil back.
>>
>>13906787
Shit. No I didn't.

You mean the dipstick? Will that cause rough shifting because the transmission fluid will steam and escape, or just bubble and not actually coat the gears? I hadn't though of that... I've been driving with it in the trunk.
>>
show tits
>>
>>13906806
dude you have to squeeze it before you put it back
>>
QUADS CHOOSES IF I TRASH THE CAR
>>
>>13906824
The dipstick? What do you mean?
>>
>>13906738
It's gear oil. Transmission fluid means it's a combination of detergents and fairly light hydraulic oil which is also designed to bear pressure as well as lubricate.

This is hypoid gear oil. There's no detergents, just anti-breakdown agents and very heavy weight oil.

"But it's fluid for the transmission!" is retarded justification for the wrong wording. Yes, it's a fluid. Yes, it goes into a transmission.

But it's gear oil. And hypoid specification, even though it's not for hypoids/axles.
>>
>>13907034
You're leaking some hypoid fedora oil there, bud. Did mommy forget to pack your mini oreos today scamper?
>>
>>13907034
Isnt that technically called ATF and not transmission fluid?
>>
>>13906601
the warranty will be void.
If you ever have to have any type of service related to the transmission in any aspect they actually test the fluid to make sure it's their own toyota shit.
They can tell and they will void the absolute fuck out of your shit.
>>
>>13907606
What do you think the "TF" part of ATF stands for, genius?
>>
File: koala wtf.jpg (35KB, 400x285px) Image search: [Google]
koala wtf.jpg
35KB, 400x285px
>>13907606
Interchangeable. Mostly thanks to GM specifying it for some manuals.

>>13907074
>mini oreos
>pic related
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.