[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is motorsport so shit? I mean, it should be great. Cool cars,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6

File: how dubs work.jpg (38KB, 802x600px) Image search: [Google]
how dubs work.jpg
38KB, 802x600px
Why is motorsport so shit?
I mean, it should be great.
Cool cars, fast driving, loud noises.

But its so fucking boring
>>
Regulations
>>
anti-pay-to-win policies make the cars very similar
>>
safety regulations

nanny state prohibiting local tracks for enthusiasts who want to race their street cars.

high cost of entry excludes everyone
>>
Sounds like you should watch Professional drifting. Not racing but still fun to watch. Crazy cars, super loud, great show.
>>
File: image.jpg (36KB, 399x329px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36KB, 399x329px
>mfw not an awd mr2 conversion with a flipped diff thread
>>
>>13903772
Cameras kill it. No noise and thr stabilization and long zoom shots kill the sense of speed.
>>
>>13903897
drifting is the worst. Even worse than Formula one
Its not motorsport, its just shit.

>>13904046
Nah mate, even spectating at a track its just dull.

The only motorsport I like to go and watch is hillclimb and drag racing.
For the simple reason that the races are only a minute or so long, or even just a few seconds in drag racing and there are loads of varied cars.
>>
>>13903900
THIS x1000000
>>
>>13904159
I literally said its not racing but it is very fun to watch and experience. The cars rattle you like drag cars as they fly by sideways at 80mph. In a lot of venues you can get close to the drivers and cars and meet them. Its very open and friendly.
>>
motorsports have always been about participation and the attempt to turn it into a commercialized spectator sport with specialized arenas where the crowd can watch everything start to finish is dum AF
>>
>>13904159
>Its not motorsport, its just shit.
It's definitely motorsport. It might not be racing, but saying it isn't motorsport is just no-true-scotsmanning.
>>
>you will never witness the glory of late 1980s motorsport
>no IMSA in NA
>no WSC and F1
>no group B
>>
You'll have to watch different classes.

GT300 is fun
>>
>>13905983
>motorsports have always been about participation
True dat.
but all the FIA safety shit makes it prohibitively expensive.
>>
>>13908285
There is a cheaper way to get into motorsports.

You see, there are these wonderful things called go-kart tracks...
>>
>>13903772
Monster Jam is pretty entertaining
>>
>But its so fucking boring
You mean it's utterly, defeatingly expensive.

>have to shell out thousands, if not tens of thousands for a car
>have to shell out thousands, if not tens of thousands for performance modifications
>have to shell out thousands for FIA safety equipment (understandably so)
>have to shell out thousands for a racing license
>have to shell out thousands a year for a starting spot in some irrelevant shitbox racing series
>need an expensive to run truck to trailer your shit across the country with all the time
>need to take unpaid vacations all the time not to miss half the races
Literally the only realistic motorsport for amateurs to pursue in their free time on a modest budget is autocross. Period.
>>
What are some cheap motorsports besides faggot-karts and faggotcross?
>>
File: hulk sad.jpg (37KB, 474x503px) Image search: [Google]
hulk sad.jpg
37KB, 474x503px
>>13908377
>>
>>13908377
never heard of any spec series ever?
>>
>>13908387
SPEC MIATA!!
>>
>>13903772
bttc and bathurst enduro from the 1980s is briddy good
>>
>>13908387
2CV 24HR Racing
>>
>>13908377
>Production racing
>2k cup
>Japanese classics
>hillclimb
>stage rally
>autocross
>honda cup
>rotary cup

im not saying you could compete in all at once (duh) but pick one and compete in it, i reckon your first year in any of them could be done for sub 10k ezpz. I think the most expensive one would be the rotary cup, everything else would be easilly do-able sub 5k. that includes car, safety gear, licenses, entry fees for a year.
>>
>>13908397
And how are those different from what I said? Many of the people in Spec Miata spend the equivalent of a new car on their initial set-up (even with a used old Miata) and upwards of a grand per race weekend, adding up to five to ten grand running costs per year.
>>
I want to participate in rallycross but I don't want to beat the shit out of my brand new car. Also I live in an apartment so I'm not sure where I'd store a second car.
>>
>>13903772
#1. regulations: for reasons other anons have stated.

#2. standardization: it was a lot more interesting 20 or so years ago when people had different cars on the track instead of basically the exact same car, not that they didn't have qualifications back then on what was and wasn't an F1 car, but at least before there was flavor and difference (You had NA cars going against turbocharged ones for instance)

#3. Michael Schumacher: Yes, he made racing boring. What was the point of watching a race when he was gonna win it or at the very least win the podium? Oh sure, you still got somewhat of a rivalry with MIka Hakkinen bitting at his heels constantly, but it was literally him and Mika always winning, there was no one else that dominated like they did and as such that's why he made it boring, cause why watch the race when he was gonna win it?

I haven't seen it now that he's retired, but that's cause I've lost any sort of love I had for the sport long ago.
>>
>>13908415
Nah m8.
It will be more when you factor in brakes, tires, fuel, repairs and other consumables.

I can see you going through a set of tires and brakes (and brake fluid) every 1 or 2 races, at least 1 tank of fuel per event, and replacing or fixing at least one panel / bumper every race.

It all adds up.
>>
File: Kawasaki Ninja 250R 08 3.jpg (41KB, 650x712px) Image search: [Google]
Kawasaki Ninja 250R 08 3.jpg
41KB, 650x712px
>>13908387
Spec 250
>>
File: Victory Empulse TT (3).jpg (324KB, 1920x1254px) Image search: [Google]
Victory Empulse TT (3).jpg
324KB, 1920x1254px
>>13908377

Exactly why i refuse to watch F1 or MotoGP. They're just a bunch of rich kids.

>>13908387

Moto-Gymkhana, similar to auto-cross.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFEh59GVMnQ
>>
>>13908803
You're a fucking idiot.
>>
>>13908902
no u
>>
>>13905983
It's like all other sports: its about 100x more fun when you're actually involved in it rather than just watching from the sidelines or on TV.

As one of the other anons said, the reason why more people don't get into motorsports is because it is very expensive and time consuming. For a casual racing enthusiast that doesn't have a fat wallet and loads of time to spare, their two best options would be kart racing and autocross, although there are a few other options as stated.
>>
>>13903772

It was goat in the 70s',80s and up to the mid 90s. Then too many changes too place and are still taking places. So motor sports just got mundane and boring.

We will never see the likes again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1FZf3qXg60
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.