[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cheap car, just need for a DD. Is this rust fixable? I feel like

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: $_20 (5).jpg (45KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
$_20 (5).jpg
45KB, 800x450px
Cheap car, just need for a DD. Is this rust fixable? I feel like a wire brush will just destroy it.
>>
Looks pretty close to the window meaning you may have to remove the window, grind back the rust and repaint and reinstall the window.
>>
>>13901606
you can get a rustless falcon dirt cheap enough as it is, are you really that tight arsed that you need a rusty one?
>>
>>13901618
$600, 190k odo. For the Mrs.
>>
>>13901612
Shit, I hadn't considered that. I'll see how bad it is in person, if there's almost anything else wrong with it, I'll pass
>>
File: 1394589333161.jpg (132KB, 310x440px) Image search: [Google]
1394589333161.jpg
132KB, 310x440px
>>13901629
>$600

Woah $600? Sounds like you're making her feel really spoiled and special.
>>
>>13901606
Buy a 4 banger. early 2000s lancer or something, even a vt commodore or AU would be better and the same price.
>>
>>13901629
goddamn man just spend an extra $400 for one that doesnt have a probable fuck tonne of issues. the rust on the surface is what you know about, who knows how badly the rest of it has been treated.
>>
>>13901635
Haha, as if I'm paying. It's her first car, she's learning auto, I drive manual.
>>
>>13901675
in that case, no matter if its rusty, shes going to hit every street sign and fire hydrant she sees and take 0% care of the car.
>>
>>13901642
It's been a challenge. I found 2 Lancers, 1 sold, the other was junk. A good Camry which sold. A nice Commondore, but when I called up, they were a boong.
>>
>>13901685
Any jap econobox from the 90s would be more reliable than aus cars, and cheaper on fuel.
>>
>>13901683
Figured as much, but could resale it for the same amount if I fixed that rust. Being so close to the back glass makes it not worth fixing, only driving into the ground.
>>
>>13901691
All the auto shit boxes I've found have issues not worth fixing. Reading between the lines.
>>
>>13901606
It's fucked, spray it with some rustoleum. If it's letting water into the car fill in the holes with a special type of bondo that has fiberglass integrated into and spray it with rustoleum afterwards.

I doubt this car is worth enough to fix it right. If you own this car patch it so you can get by.
>>
>>13901696
Well spend more money you tight ass.
>>
>>13901696
I got my jap shitbox for 600
>>
>>13901606
just spray those anti rust agent.
call it a day.
>>
>>13901606
How much of a cunt are you to buy your wife a shitbox?
>>
>>13901794
How much of a faggot are you that you don't know what a DD is and couldn't figure it out by reading OP's comments in the thread. BTFO
>>
>>13901807
>Getting butthurt about what someone said about them on the internet

I'm sure the bogan can shill out more than $1000 for a car for his wife, If not, He should reconsider his life choices. Bogans..
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.