[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on the 3G Eclipse? Considering getting the one one

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (43KB, 560x420px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43KB, 560x420px
Thoughts on the 3G Eclipse?

Considering getting the one one of my managers are selling.

Manual
>>
File: image.jpg (75KB, 1080x642px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
75KB, 1080x642px
>>13901358
>>
>>13901358
It's a FWD shitbox.

Expect most of them to be maintained like shit because "sports" car.

Not fast enough to be good, not good looking enough to be good, it isn't a good platform, and you can find better cars for the price.
>>
>>13901375
It's not like I deserve better.

It's either this or a '94 Accord.
>>
>>13901375
I love how people talk about fwd like it's shit, it's not like any type r can blow the doors of your car
>>
File: chrysler-sebring-jxi-01.jpg (307KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
chrysler-sebring-jxi-01.jpg
307KB, 1024x768px
>>13901358

Get a Sebring Convertible instead. Same exact car with less abuse potential because ricers didn't buy them and fuck them up.
>>
Get a Lexus Sc400.
>>
>>13901507
It makes it so much easier to dismiss their opinions if they start off by shitting on fwd. You can instantly tell they have no fuckin clue and probably don't even have a license.
>>
>>13901444
Buy the accord and leave it stock.

That eclipse will leave you stranded multiple times.
>>
>>13901444
I have a 1996 Accord EX, the odometer broke at 226k 3 years ago
>>
>>13901358
I owned a 2003 GS, the one with the 2.4l SOHC. It is not impressive as a sportscar, but it worked well as a point A-B car.

Pros:
>decent gas mileage
>pretty cheap to maintain
>large-ish truck with fold down back seats if you need to carry stuff

Cons:
>shitty interior
>cracked dash
>hydro things for the trunk lid stop holding the truck up
>little to no aftermarket if you are thinking about modding
>its heavy and wallows around on limp suspension
>>
>>13901520

That would have been the Sebring Coupe, the LX and LXi.

The convertibles are more related to the Stratus.
>>
>>13902961
>hydro things for the trunk lid stop holding the truck up
They're struts and every single one of them does that.
>>
>>13902910
>That eclipse will leave you stranded multiple times.
No, it won't. Don't buy a garbage one.
>>
>>13903032
Thanks, I couldn't remember what they were called.
>>
>>13901520
aside from the fact that they throw rods like crazy
>>
>>13902703
Lol keep driving your minivan fuckboy
>>
>>13903048
Yea, the 420A is a POS.
>>
>>13901444
but the accord is better

will last longer, cheaper to run, better mpg
and it will hold its value and be easier to sell than an eclipse
>>
>>13901358
I owned one for 3 years, it was a good car. The only thing you'll find is you need to stick to the 3G forums. The 1g, 2g, and 4g guys don't consider the 3G an eclipse and will not be helpful.

But the car was very reliable, but then I found my 2g to be reliable too. Just maintain the car and it'll treat you well. Personally I prefer my 4g to both the 2g and 3G I owned.

If you get the 3G keep in mind there are no driver assists like abs brakes, traction control, etc. Winter can get interesting. You could get abs later but only on the gts trim. Takes an impact good too, my was written off via transport on the highway.
>>
>>13901358
I owned a 2000 GT. 200hp and torque gets the weight around well enough, but like someone else said it does like to wallow around on the suspension if you push it poorly through a corner.
I never had any major issues I didnt cause myself, and parts were generally pretty cheap from what I remember. Decent little commutter cars with a little pep.
The 3G community is ricer shit, though.
>>
>>13901358
Absolute garbage. 1 and 2G DSM are glorious configuration depending but 3g is literally trash.

The Accord would be better. I just bought a 98 Integra hatch 5 speed as my winter beater and its reasonably fun to drive, I imagine a 94 accord would be similar aside from being a bit heavier and uglier.
>>
>>13905951
3G is fine.
>>
3G is white trash, dregs of society car
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.