[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Whats /o/ opinion on the 300zx? thinking of getting one, is it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: zx.jpg (807KB, 1680x1120px) Image search: [Google]
zx.jpg
807KB, 1680x1120px
Whats /o/ opinion on the 300zx? thinking of getting one, is it good for daily rides?
>>
>>13901210
How small are your hands?
>>
>>13901210
good luck doing maintanence on the motor.
>>
>>13901216
No humans hands are small enough.
Are you an ayy lmao?
>>
yea the engine bay is cramped, things are in wird places, and generally the parts are expensive.

besides that, they are fast cars even the N/A and easily tuned to go faster. good balanced chassis and look awesome.
>>
BANE?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2QtrMdgBg0
>>
>>13901223
>>13901210
>>13901280
this i have an na that was fun as fuck while it lasted

now that i look back on my purchase i should of tron the motor apart and check everything

first check the motor mounts then the rod bearings then the cooling system and god help you if you have a twin turbo... or a vacuum leak

my bitch has been siting for almost 2 years since a rod bearing decided to say fuck it and fucked the crank shaft clearance for the few meters it putted on forward

good luck also their god awfully easy to steal either switch the ignition system or install kill switches and all kind of anti-theft shit
>>
>>13901335
Did you pull the engine?
>>
>>13901335
fuck no
i took off the whole font suspension and left the engine suspended by a big old dried out piece of tree trunk on the transmission and dropped the oil pan to get to the rods

to be honest im surprised it held too
>>
>>13901394
>>13901350
welp im a retard
>>
>>13901210
Love my Z anon, god I need to get it running again. Over a year now and counting.
>>
>>13901406
>>13901335
these stories do not bode well for perspective Z buyers.
>>
I own a 91 twin turbo that was cared for and modified very professionally by the previous owner, it's hands down the greatest purchase I have ever made, don't be afraid to ask lots of questions when looking, take your time to find one that's been well maintained, look into timing belt, alternator goes bad at 150k, lots of vacuum lines and electronics to worry about, fast, handles like a motherfucker
>>
File: yL9RRmR.jpg (283KB, 1400x935px) Image search: [Google]
yL9RRmR.jpg
283KB, 1400x935px
>>13901210
>NA is less of a hassle money-wise and maintenance-wise
>Pay more for a properly maintained twin turbo
>Average 18 mpg
>Classic 90's styling that doesn't need much done to still look good
>>
>>13901210
Had a tt for about a year attempted to dd but was sitting in the garage maybe 50% of the time I owned. Was a blast to have when it ran well but the rest of the time it was stressful and frustrating
>>
>>13901722
Well its not as much of a vehicle problem as it is a financial one, they are good cars as long as they are properly maintained.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.