[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm interested in buying, working on, and weekend driving

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: 928.jpg (638KB, 1991x1046px) Image search: [Google]
928.jpg
638KB, 1991x1046px
I'm interested in buying, working on, and weekend driving older Porsches that aren't 930s. I'm particularly interested in a mid-high 80s 944 or 928. Does on anyone on /o/ have any experience with these vehicles? Pic semi-related.
>>
why not a 931 op?
>>
File: 1273316720051.jpg (60KB, 720x481px) Image search: [Google]
1273316720051.jpg
60KB, 720x481px
>>
File: GTI_924_Carrera_GTR.jpg (1MB, 1505x1044px) Image search: [Google]
GTI_924_Carrera_GTR.jpg
1MB, 1505x1044px
>>
>>13900410
924s are also great. I know the Turbo models are much more expensive, but I get the feeling that putting an LS swap into an underpowered car (most of them from that era are) is butchering it.
>>
I have a 1990 928, very well built, but hard to fix and parts are expensive, 944's are much more accessible and easier to fix and find parts for. It's also worth looking at 924's, they get a bad rap but are really fun to drive.
>>
>>13900466
ls swaps are not easy in these cars
you know, TORQUE TUBE
my friends have tried and its just not as easy as a rx7
>>
>>13900477
If i wanted an easy ls swap, an fc rx7 would be my choice, full premade kits available and a shell is cheap
>>
>>13900467
944s and 928s sound like the way to go. Is there anyone you'd recommend getting parts from?
>>
>>13900520
porsche dealerships are surprisingly resourceful and can often order parts for my 928. There is pelican parts and a few other specialty 928 stores online that are ok. 928intl comes to mind.
>>
>>13900466
Audi/VW/Porsche engines bolt right up, anything from VR6s to TDIs to V8s can and has been done.
Wouldn't molest a 928 though.
>>
For a decent 928 its going to cost you 20k.
for a nice 944 turbo its going to cost you 15k.
For a nice 944 s2 its going to cost you 10k.
for a nice 944 its going to cost you a little less.
dont even bother with a 924 or early 944, they have ugly interiors.
the 924s has the base 944 engine and is the only ugly interior car worth it.

IMO a S2 is the best car to buy, decent performance (fast as a FRS) and is the best value.
ALSO they can be found in convertibles which are pretty rare. And no matter what one you buy, no matter what shape it is there will be lots of opportunities to work on it. Buy the nicest one you can afford.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.