[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What would it take to make this an actual ST205? >http://

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: 01616_dT4DL5WOY5e_600x450.jpg (30KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
01616_dT4DL5WOY5e_600x450.jpg
30KB, 600x450px
What would it take to make this an actual ST205?
>http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/cto/5278832534.html
>>
>>13875698
For starters, the whole AWD engine and drivetrain of a Celica All-Trac.
>>
>>13875717
Does it really need the RHD dashboard?
>>
>>13875742
it shouldn't, but you will likely need to lengthen various parts of the wiring harness to reach to the opposite side of the car.
>>
>>13875717
More than that, he'd pretty much have to hack up the floor because the AWD drivetrain isn't a direct bolt in to the FWD chassis.

By the time it's all said and done, it would have costed more than a normal ST205.

OP just buy an ST165 or 185 all-trac
>>
>>13875698
The floorpan might be different, I was going to take an Audi coupe gt and build a cheap quattro but it was too much.
>>
>automatic

Enjoy your 7A-FE 115HP. Such a rally beast engine, especially behind that auto trans!
>>
>>13875866
t-that would be swapped
>>
Best case is 7A-FE bottom end with 4A-GE top end, making a hybrid motor, 7A-GE. Still not worth it.

>IMO 3S-GTE swap is best bet, but still no AWD
>>
6k dollars really ?
You can get a rhd st202 (175hp 3SGE) for less than 1k pounds
>>
>>13875943
In the UK i mean
>>
Stalk the All-Trac forums, every once in awhile (like 2-3 times a year) one will pop up for 4-6k. Itll need a little bit of work but worth it.
>>
File: image.jpg (685KB, 1918x1080px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
685KB, 1918x1080px
>>13875698
More time, money, and effort than it will ever be worth
>>
>>13875949
You can in the US too. The ST205 has a 250hp 3SGTE and an advanced awd system. It was a homologation rally car, very rare and very good. Way better than the ST202 which was fwd.
>>
>>13875698
I'm surprised they went with the bug eye style like the US integra, which I was told didn't sell well, especially since it was after the bug eye integra
>>
>>13875995
I wish it didn't have the bug eyes. I love the look of the car, but the bug eyes completely kill it for me. It looks like some shitty aftermarket front end.
>>
>>13875698
What would it take? About 4 years of waiting (that's when you could buy a real one).
They're very cheap in the UK and Japan, I sold mine a few months ago (1994 WRC model) for less than $4000 equivalent (and that was more than I bought it for).
If you're prepared to wait it's entirely worth it, it's an incredible car to drive.
>>
>>13875981
I was referring to the autotragic one OP posted. I know 202s are fwd
>>
>>13876017
b-but RHD
>>
>>13876094
RHD is not a big deal unless you're retarded or blind, but you shouldn't be driving if you're either of those
>>
>>13875698
Won't work. Alltracs have different floors to accommodate the drive shaft, and the whole rear end won't fit.

Just buy a 165/185 and do a Caldina swap
>>
>>13876099
but you are in japan, you say this now without even driving the car in the states where it would be an issue with blind spots
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.