[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Buy winter boots first time in like 5 years >Get in car

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 16

>Buy winter boots first time in like 5 years
>Get in car with brand new boots
>drive for a bit.
> Get home
> pull out my old sneakers
I guess im not wearing fucking winter boots
Driving shoes general?
>>
>>13874258
Are you saying you couldn't drive with the boots on?
>>
>>13874308
i could. felt like fucking shit. Just soo strange almost stalled at stop. Maybe im not used to it.
>>
>>13874336
You're not used to it.

I've driven manual cars with many types of shoes, so much it makes no difference.

Shit, i drove with a cast on my left foot. Not a cast cast, those compression things.
>>
I always catch the edge of my boots on pedals if I haven't worn them in a while. After a bit its no big deal
>>
File: 1446807637087.gif (87KB, 209x172px) Image search: [Google]
1446807637087.gif
87KB, 209x172px
>mfw I DD with steel toe boots
Fucking casuals.
>>
>>13874489
It's not hard, as long as you know the car and the boots fit. Did that today. Probably gonna do it tomorrow
>>
>>13874258
>wearing anything while driving
>not wanting to feel cold steel on your feet and rich leather on your balls
pleb tier
>>
>>13874489

I'm the same way. Steel toe boots are my regular wear. Wearing sneakers to the gym is awful. I'm never ready for the smaller sole and greater bend in the shoe. My shifts and take offs suffer.
>>
>this fucking thread

Are you people seriously complaining / bragging about all the different kinds of shoes you can drive in ? This is the most retarded thread in a while and I don't know why this was the eye opener over all the other autistic shit posted here lately.

Goodbye forever
>>
>>13874489
this, for me it was a bit strange at the begining but once I got used to it and could drive smooth as always. Now I can drive with almost anything, rubber boots, working shoes, sandals or barefoot etc.
>>
>>13874617
>Are you people seriously complaining / bragging about all the different kinds of shoes you can drive in
If you actually read the thread, it's most of us laughing at OP for not being able to drive in heavy boots, something millions do every day.
>>
>Not driving bare foot
>>
>>13874489
Come back when you are heel-toeing in them
>>
>>13874640
When I worked at a chicken plant, I seriously couldn't drive stick in those big ass rain boots or steel toe muck boots.
>>
File: 2761208-3-4x[1].jpg (242KB, 1920x1440px) Image search: [Google]
2761208-3-4x[1].jpg
242KB, 1920x1440px
Got myself a new pair of these for my birthday, and it does feel a bit weird compared to what I'll wear outside of winter

http://www.vikingfootwear.com/thumb.php?src=http://www.vikingfootwear.com/xfiles_a6/1438872787_4482815.jpg&a=t&q=100&w=800

Still, they are nothing against my Glacier XT's, which are so wide that I could heel and toe without twisting my leg
>>
>>13874336
yeah its weird the first time you do it, but you get used to it.

>>13874824
lmao do you also wear driving gloves and an expensive 'driving' watch
>>
>>13874814
>implying I can't
Like I said, fucking casuals.
>>
>>13874841

No, I just live somewhere quite cold and I also tend to wear my working clothes (which the boots pictured are a part of) when I'm going to work instead of getting dressed at the HQ

Watches - never felt comfortable with them
Gloves - maybe if the temperature is something like -30c and it'll take maybe a good minute before the steering wheel doesn't hurt my bare hands, but usually not
>>
>>13874640
I've driven an open wheel car with motorcycle boots on lel. Yeah you can't wrap your toes around the brake pedal to get that perfect trail brake release but it's not like it's some horrible undoable task. It's a bit tricky to feed your legs down in there with boots on though and if my feet were even a millimeter wider I wouldn't be able to use the throttle without stepping on the brake too. I would never use racing shoes for DD, the soles are way too thin and there's no support whatsoever. They are really not meant for walking around in.

>>13874814
If anything the heel-toeing side of things is easier. It's more about the brake pedal and being narrow enough to use the throttle without also mashing the brake when your pedal box is the size of a cat's anus.
>>
>>13874617
>Goodbye forever
Haha, and you're complaining about other people being autism? What is even the point of making a leaving forever drama post as an anon anyway?
>>
File: Converse-Classic-Chucks-Red.jpg (32KB, 592x335px) Image search: [Google]
Converse-Classic-Chucks-Red.jpg
32KB, 592x335px
>
>>
>>13874527
My nigga, only plebs cover their shit up
>>
File: Muh shoes.jpg (2MB, 6000x4000px) Image search: [Google]
Muh shoes.jpg
2MB, 6000x4000px
Wear these when we do ovg stuff too.
>>
File: SSman8.jpg (121KB, 345x485px) Image search: [Google]
SSman8.jpg
121KB, 345x485px
Driving in boots is gross. You feel disconnected. I can tolerate it with an automatic, but it's a floaty as fuck feeling with a manual.

Onitsuka Mexico 66s are the best.
>>
>used to wear skate shoes all the time
>started wearing running shoes
>driving fealt really weird because of the thick soles
>got completely used to it and it doesn't matter at all anymore.

also
>used to ride my motorcycle in skate shoes
>started wearing MX boots
>they are super stiff and boxy I couldn't feel anything. Riding was really hard.
>force myself to learn to wear them
>now I can ride in them fine
>>
File: Fox racing comp 5 shorty.jpg (183KB, 1188x860px) Image search: [Google]
Fox racing comp 5 shorty.jpg
183KB, 1188x860px
I know it's not the intended use for these boots, fuck, they are comfy.
Decent petal feel as well.
>>
File: 20151116_185014.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20151116_185014.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
I like my vans but seem to shift better in my work boots, probably just because I learned on a heavy clutch
>>
File: 1444960034304.jpg (59KB, 586x515px) Image search: [Google]
1444960034304.jpg
59KB, 586x515px
>wear a size 13 shoe
>drive a scion fr-s which has really close pedals
>wear boots one day to work because of the snow
>whenever i clutch i hit the brake as well

I had to pull over and take them off, now I just wear socks in the winter when I drive ;_;
>>
>>13875166
>size 13
And here I am in my size 8 1/2.
>>
army boots
>>
>>13875166
iktfb
>>
I used to have a pair of converse chucks for driving, but I recently picked up these to replace them. Can't tell you how much better it is as a driving show.
>>
>>13874814
>>13874489
Are you a bad enough dude to heel toe in lineman boots?
>>
I want to be good driver like takumi, what shoes did he wear? I must have the same to become the dagumi
>>
i use these but already broken in and soles wearing out lol used rocky boots once but its akward as fuck
>>
>>13874814
Mechanic here.

Most of the vehicles I work on, I've never driven then with "normal shoes"
errday I put on a pair of mid-top dickies' steel toe boots. Every manual car I've driven whilst at work I have heel-toe'd in just because.

Doing it in a manual golf TDI was weird as fuck, gotta go half throttle to have any sort of effect on the RPM.
>>
File: 2275455-3-4x.jpg (239KB, 1920x1440px) Image search: [Google]
2275455-3-4x.jpg
239KB, 1920x1440px
Been working in warehouse last few years wearing steeltoes always, No perfect shifts but not jerky either. Got a pair of these fuckers and drive like a true racer. very comfortable too
>>
>>13874258
Leather sole boots/dress shoes or New Balance ONLY

Everything else a shit for Jaguars
>>
>no one driving in stilettos
It's like if you guys were straight or something.
>>
File: pumasuede.jpg (23KB, 400x360px) Image search: [Google]
pumasuede.jpg
23KB, 400x360px
>>13876626
I have the same ones except mine are pic related. Very good shoes for driving and look tight as fuck. Probably have been buying Puma Suede's for years now.
>>
im not even going to read the thread
>Driving boots
ha, barefoot master race
>>
>>13875188

I'm size 7. At least in work boots. I was always about 9.5 in sneakers. Then I switched to boots and I was boggled as I had to keep going down in size.

Has anyone else experienced this?
>>
>>13876963
yeah, i'm size 10.5 or 11 in sneakers and a 9 or 9.5 in boots
>>
>>13876963
I'm 10.5 in boots and 12 in everything else.

Boots are almost always true to size, and sneakers/running shoes are almost always "vanity sized".
>>
>>13877033
>>13877044

Okay glad to hear it. Everyone IRL I've mentioned it to hadn't a clue what I was talking about. I thought I was some anomaly.
>>
>>13877052
Nah bro, I'm guessing it has something to do with the fact that sneakers are made for a global scale whereas work boot and fashion boots are generally domestic products (or will have a size guide if imported).

Thanks for everything you've done by the way, VIN bro. You helped me pick the perfect Jag and I fell in love with her.
>>
>>13877066

Makes sense actually. Wouldn't doubt it. Also,most boots I've seen are wide.. I know mine are, and it's definitely different. Even from 7 non-wide.

No problem, man. Very glad to hear it's worked out for you. Them Jags are pretty nice.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.