[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do these headlight restoration kits really work or are they just

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

File: B001AIZ5HY.01.lg.jpg (141KB, 392x550px) Image search: [Google]
B001AIZ5HY.01.lg.jpg
141KB, 392x550px
Do these headlight restoration kits really work or are they just a meme? Anyone ever use one? Tips?
>>
>>13871853
They work. I've never used on any of my vehicles since I've never owned a car with plastic headlights for more than 2 weeks.
>>
They work perfectly fine
>>
>>13871853
Don't know about that shit specifically, but it's really easy
>Wet sand headlight until smooth
>Add sealant/clear-coat type shit to make it clear
>>
The outer layer of plastic on your headlights gets dull from UV damage and oxidation. Scrape off that layer and polish it, they look new again. That's what these kits do. They work, but there are cheaper ways to do it.
>>
I also need to use one of these

but seeing how there's a shit ton of them...which one???
>>
>>13871853
They work. You'll notice the difference on especially shitty lenses.

Keep in mind though that some units have oxidation on the inside of the lens.
>>
>>13871875
There are cheaper ways sure, but they're rarely long term.
>>
>>13871877
Depends on how much effort you want to put in restoring your lenses.

There's a kit I used that was like $10 and all it was was a dual-sided scrubby pad and chemical wipe.
>>
>>13871877
Literally any of them. I'd go for 3m on anything detailing since they're typically quality products.
I think mother's has a kid that I used and was very pleased with.
>>
File: rt65656533454.jpg (55KB, 500x353px) Image search: [Google]
rt65656533454.jpg
55KB, 500x353px
>>13871906

This

And, uhm... do you want to rephrase that last sentence?
>>
>>13871906
>mother's has a kid that I used and was very pleased with

def going to try that one
>>
>>13871913

Mother's is a detailing brand and by kid he meant kit.

Not anon just lending a hand.
>>
>>13871913
No.
>>13871920
baby goat
>>
I used one to make a junkyard headlight match my other clean/clear headlight, and it worked well.
>>
>>13871924
Thank you.
Had a few(lot) of drinks tonight.
>>
>>13871936

no prob have a chill night bruh
>>
>>13871924
Sssh, I'm trying to get it black on pale blue that AZtec is a pedophile

>>13871926
Was the goat named Billy? And was it consensual?
>>
>>13871942
>billy the kid
Yeah not falling for that one again, asshole.
>consensual
Get your fancy fuckin words off my god fucking damned board
>>
>>13871853
I've used the 3m kit OP, works real good. The longer you sand your headlights, the better they are going to look.
>>
Get someTURTLEWAX
OP it works great
>>
>>13871878
>Keep in mind though that some units have oxidation on the inside of the lens.
tfw my car has this and I'm too darn lazy to pull apart the front end to do anything about it...
>>
>not having popups
>>
>not having glass headlamps
>>
>>13871853
They work just fine, but every car I've used one on started getting cloudy again after only a few months, even though the kits had a sealer. I ended up just getting new oem style ebay headlights (eagle eye brand) which are now a year old and still look fantastic.
>>
File: hamburgers_intensify.jpg (43KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
hamburgers_intensify.jpg
43KB, 960x540px
>>13871906
>>
>>13871853
They work. You need one with a UV enamel to recoat the lenses. They won't last as long as they originally did. best bet for long term is buy new assemblies.
>>
>>13875213
>I ended up just getting new oem style ebay headlights
God why.
>>
>>13876055
>They won't last as long as they originally did. best bet for long term is buy new assemblies.
Or spray them with a legit UV protective clear coat. That'll work much better than whatever shit they include with the kit.
>>
>>13876063
It still won't last as long.
>>
>>13876065
In theory it would last as long as the UV protection in the clear coat on your paint.
>>
>>13876072
It would not.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.