[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Diagnosis time! Because fuck me, I might be in over my head here.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 1332324970636.jpg (52KB, 337x367px) Image search: [Google]
1332324970636.jpg
52KB, 337x367px
Diagnosis time! Because fuck me, I might be in over my head here.

So, a few days ago I started having an interesting new problem with my clutch: that being on occasion, when I press the clutch pedal down it won't come back up/re-engage unless I dig under it with my foot and bring it back up manually. I've checked to make sure it wasn't leaking/low on fluid, which it isn't. Haven't checked the clutch master cylinder yet, but that's definitely next on my list. It has gotten air in the system before, but that was because I was a retard and didn't top it up, but all the air was bled out of the system ages ago, and the problem caused from that was completely different.

Honestly, I'm pretty retarded when it comes to transmission/drivetrain issues, so if any of you guys have any educated guesswork, I'm all ears. My gut feeling says there might be air in the system again, but nothing should be causing that, and the problem is different from the last time that happened.
>>
>>13869089
what car?

my miata did similar shit when the slave cylinder went, lost all pressure in the clutch when it fully went too
>>
>>13869109
Might be related then, it's a. '86 RX-7, using the N/A transmission.

The odd thing is that even when it happens, there isn't really any clutch slip that I've noticed. Like there's maybe 2cm of travel between "fully engaged" and "fully disengaged".
>>
>>13869089
Replace the slave cylinder
>>
No replace the master cylinder, it's not the slave. That said, for the price of a new slave ($9) and the fact that your going to be bleeding it up anyway may as well do both
>>
Gonna take a gander and say throw out bearing could have something to do with this
>>
>>13871997
Not even close, you dumbass.

OP, bleed out the air once again. If it starts happening after that again, replace the slave cylinder.
>>
>>13872004
sorry
>>
File: 1357012566554.jpg (110KB, 467x1166px) Image search: [Google]
1357012566554.jpg
110KB, 467x1166px
>>13872008
>Didn't insult me as a retort

Wow man, I feel kinda bad now. Sorry for being a bit of a prick and calling you a dumbass m8, I spoke rashly and without thinking.

pls no bully
>>
>>13872016
Truth is; I don't know as much about hydraulic systems as I'd like.
And apparently the same can be applied to semi-colons.
>>
>>13871990
this
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.