[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

> Buy a used car over the summer > Drives nice for months

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

File: BoxOfPresents.jpg (2MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
BoxOfPresents.jpg
2MB, 4160x2340px
> Buy a used car over the summer
> Drives nice for months
> Now acceleration is spotty, feels delayed and has uneven power band
> got trans fluid changed changed but that did little to fix it
> TFW it's probably shot
> Car has 90000 miles on it

pic related, what do?
>>
scan it for obd2 codes
>>
Try cleaning throttle body from build up senpai.
>>
File: injector cleaner.jpg (59KB, 208x400px) Image search: [Google]
injector cleaner.jpg
59KB, 208x400px
>>13865335
I know every fag says this never works, but I'd give it a shot anyway
>only 5 shekels at VatoZone
>nothing to loose.jpeg
>>
>>13865335
Did you maintain it?
>>
>>13865382
> Nothing to lose

hmm... whats damage can that cause? Where do you put it in?

User Manual for car says not to put any additives in trans. reservoir
>>
>>13865335
Spark plugs?
>>
>>13865394
>bottle says fuel injector cleaner
>clearly it goes in the transmission
Youre an idiot.
>>
File: 1428741354768.png (49KB, 148x166px) Image search: [Google]
1428741354768.png
49KB, 148x166px
>>13865394
>trans. reservoir
you put it in your fuel tank before filling up
>>
>>13865394
Is this a troll?
>>
File: pull on it.png (532KB, 1032x928px) Image search: [Google]
pull on it.png
532KB, 1032x928px
>>13865407
doubt it, this is /o/ after all
>>
>>13865348
i got the car knowledge of a 2 yr old... What is that?

>>13865392
Bought it THIS summer, 2 weeks in i changed all the fluids except the trans fluid (A move I highly regret now) because people say not to change it too often as it can cause damage (though now i think original owners never changed it since purchase.

Whats weird is when i disconnected the battery to reset the computer the car drove very well (like it did when i got it). But put afew hundred miles on it and it's back to feeling sluggish.
>>
>>13865412
I'm not THAT fucking bad...
>>
>>13865414
Have you been following your oil change intervals?
>>
Air filter.
>>
Try the o2 sensor
>>
>>13865335
That's what get for buying a ford
>>
>>13865412

That HAS to be a troll. Jesus H. Christ.
>>
>>13865335
wrong
>>
File: 100_0930-1.jpg (196KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
100_0930-1.jpg
196KB, 1024x768px
>>13867389
>have same car except manual
>have 148k
>only replaced brakes, tires, battery and a sway bar endlink so far
>hurr durr dem fords

He fucked up by not getting the MTX-75, not by buying a Ford.

>>13865335
There's no thing as changing the fluid too often, but some people believe that once you've gone so far on trans fluid it's better not to change it.

Your spark plugs are due to be changed in 10k miles so you could start there. Don't pay someone to do them, it's cheaper to just buy a cheap ratchet set, an extension and spark plug socket and do it yourself. Plus you'll gain knowledge along the way. These cars are DBW and learn your driving habits as well, so you could try unhooking the battery to see if that helps any driveability woes. If you do that make sure that when you restart the car you let it idle for 10 minutes so the car can relearn the idle map.
>>
>>13865335

Compression test it, OP

If the compression on all cylinder is fine, check out the spark plugs for fowling and various sensors. If the engine is fine, which is likely, then it's likely something small that's preventing the engine from running properly.

I had a car with a B6E engine in it that I thought was dying, but I just swapped the PCV valve and replaced the distributor and it was working like new again.
>>
>>13865335
Throttle body and MAF
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.