[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there any car that depreciated quicker than the Lincoln Towncar?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: 2006-Lincoln-Town-Car_12926[1].jpg (145KB, 960x545px) Image search: [Google]
2006-Lincoln-Town-Car_12926[1].jpg
145KB, 960x545px
Is there any car that depreciated quicker than the Lincoln Towncar?
At an original price close to $50,000 I can get one now for under $5,000 or even less.

Did everyone up and realize, "It really just is an uglier Crown Victoria that's marked up."
Or did the recession really kick em down?
I recently bought a Towncar. And it's the only car I can't get rid of as quick as anything else.

Even my wrecked v6 camaro sold quicker.

Are there any other cars that depreciated this fast? The Explorer family?
>>
>>13850860

It became a very evil nasty thing to own a car/anything that radiated the kind of old money big luxury that this car had.
subtly associated with police, but with an aura of middle management american male
>>
>>13850860
Stigmatization of being an old persons car and generally be unreliable
>>
>>13850869
>panther
>unreliable

Good one.
>>
>>13850860
>Are there any other cars that depreciated this fast?
VW Phaeton comes to mind.
>>
>>13851000
The engine will run forever, but everything else will fade, rattle, fail and fall apart eventually just like on all other Americans cars ever.
>>
>>13850860
>Is there any car that depreciated quicker than the Lincoln Towncar?
I don't think so.

>At an original price close to $50,000 I can get one now for under $5,000 or even less.
I've actually been looking for one for under 5k, but the only 03-11's I see in that range are in the 200k mile range or salvaged titles. They've still depreciated extremely quickly, but 8-10k is where I usually see good condition moderate mileage ones priced.

>Did everyone up and realize, "It really just is an uglier Crown Victoria that's marked up."

I'm sure that's a factor. They also make you look like a Livery Chauffeur and I don't think that's too appealing to most car buyers lol.

>>13850869
>generally be unreliable

You must be kidding right? TC's are generally the longest living Panthers because they tend to run a lot of easy highway miles and are usually better maintained (whether it be by a Livery service or geriatric owner).

>>13851023
>The American Rattle Trap Meme

You realize it's not the 80's any more. We're talking about a Town Car, not the beat up Cavalier you had in highschool. The TC has great build quality and ton's of sound deadening. It's extremely spartan for a "luxury" car and I've yet to come across a 98+ that rattles even at over 200k. I'll grant you that the early model panthers would produce a rattle due to their awful window motors coming off track, but that was remedied across the board in 1998.
>>
>>13851023
>>13851075
>You realize it's not the 80's any more. We're talking about a Town Car, not the beat up Cavalier you had in highschool. The TC has great build quality and ton's of sound deadening. It's extremely spartan for a "luxury" car and I've yet to come across a 98+ that rattles even at over 200k. I'll grant you that the early model panthers would produce a rattle due to their awful window motors coming off track, but that was remedied across the board in 1998.

I never understood this meme either.

>My 20 year old shitbox with 190k miles and a blown suspension rattles therefor all of these kind of cars are shit.

The worst rattle traps I've ever owned were always Hondas and Toyotas. But am I dumb enough to claim that these cars which I bought used sounded like that new? Of course not. Also, as you stated, luxury cars have much better sound proofing and are much less prone to rattle. My Corolla and Camry were complete rattle traps by the time I bought them at 130k-150k miles. My LS400 on the other hand is almost silent at nearly 200k. It doe's make a slight creaking noise from the sunroof around corners, but it's a 20 year old car with 200k on the clock. I don't expect it to drive like a new car.
>>
File: fugggg.png (1MB, 1025x768px) Image search: [Google]
fugggg.png
1MB, 1025x768px
Towncar owner here, I've gone through a blower fan and two electronic control modules for it.
I got lucky and found two working ones of each at a junk yard.
But the electronic control module is impossible to reach.

It's behind the 4th piston's valve cover and can't be taken out without taking the valve cover off. Can barely take the valve cover off without taking the cowl off.
Can't take the cowl off without unsealing everything.

It's a fucking pain to work on.
My brothers 2002 Mustang has more engine room to be worked on than this.

Not even a fucking lie. And it's a few feet shorter.
>>
File: 2011-10-22173302.jpg (115KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
2011-10-22173302.jpg
115KB, 1024x768px
>>13851149
If you think that engine bay is hard to work on you should just quit wrenching. pic related, a shittier engine bay than the town car to work on.
>>
File: Untitled.png (1MB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
1MB, 1024x768px
>>13851149

fix't
>>
>>13851174
[TRIGGERED]
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.