[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So i have a chance to own a single cab 2.3 4 banger ranger for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: Image(54).jpg (60KB, 450x539px) Image search: [Google]
Image(54).jpg
60KB, 450x539px
So i have a chance to own a single cab 2.3 4 banger ranger for 200$ should i fobit. Just need a new engine "broken valve or burnt" and has 170k. Anything bad about those rangers.

Inb4
>ford
>4cylinder

So thoughts?
>>
>>13849011
>30 minutes plus tip

You'll get more than that in scrap. Fucking loved my ranger.
>>
>>13849011
Sorry mobile

Should i go for it*?

Picture related i can deliver pizza with it. It is a 5 speed..
>>
>>13849023

So you do? Well tell me more.
>>
Yeah. I'd have the engine rebuilt or find another and you'd have a decent truck for under 2 grand
>>
>>13849125

Engine rebuilt no issue. I rebuilt a v6 and place new heads on 4 and v8s. I can do it under 500 dollars. But anything else should i know about the ford ranger. Anything i should look in to replacing or bad attributes. Would it be the last and final time i will replace a head. Is the ford a bad idea in to investing moneh in?
>>
>>13849365

Engine rebuilt kit with new water pump oil pump rings and bearing and all the gasket under 400 and i have a machine shop who can do the head and block for under 200.

But is it worth investing the money in to it i know is a ford but i want to know what else should i expect. No automatic so i would not worry about it gernading on me.

Is it a bad or a good idea?
Would i make a good investment?
Does anybody else had a ranger with experience?
>>
>>13849441
Are you that poor where $700 would be a major hit to you? You wouldn't even loose that much if everything failed on you.
>>
>>13849488

No. But 700 or 7,000 if you have the money. It doesn't mean it wont be a mistake or a lost. If you just spend money because you can doesn't mean is a good idea.
>>
>>13849011
I bought a '93 for $300, but my engine was good.
Engine is the best part of the truck, everything else has pretty much disintegrated. The manual trans leaks out the shifter.

The motors should be easy to come by, the local NASCAR track has a 2.3L class because that Ford(Mazda) motor is the shiznit.
>>
>>13849544

WoW. Thanks. I bet i can get to the gasket of the shifter column quite easily feomw the floor board. Also the 2.3 is the only 4cylinder engine they are still producing on all the new rangers. 1993-2011 so over a decade so a fairly good engine.
>>
>>13849441
Wow that's pretty cheap for machine work. Are they going to do the bores too or just check the deck for levelness on the block? Make sure all your tolerances are correct but I'm sure you already knew that.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.