[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone else use waze on their phone when traveling? I never

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: share-image.png (248KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
share-image.png
248KB, 1000x1000px
Does anyone else use waze on their phone when traveling? I never heard of it until my friend made me download it before traveling 2,000 miles across the US. It had every cop marked along the way and we were able to average 95+ mph the entire trip.
>>
I used it a bit on a road trip in Australia but not as many people use it here so it's not as useful.
>>
>>13847999
Fuck yeah Waze is awesome for avoiding getting speeding tickets and police in general. It really goes hand in hand with a good radar detector to help defend against instant-on radar and laser speed traps that your detector won't pick up until it's to late usually.
>>
It's great for interstate driving. I prefer Google maps for city driving. People rarely mark cops in town and Google maps is just much better at searching addresses quickly. Sometimes on Waze it gets hung up on the search screen.
>>
>>13847999
Used it on a road trip to Florida last summer..

Was glorious

required app for everyone/10
>>
File: 1402516400084.png (448KB, 455x395px) Image search: [Google]
1402516400084.png
448KB, 455x395px
It's a good app, sometimes the cops aren't in the spots marked but it's only because the filthy pigs moved. The best part is how butthurt law enforcement is about waze, top kek
>>
>>13849217
BTW, Connecticut to Florida in 22 hours, averaging 75-80 MPH. Had a $20 bet riding on getting to Florida in under 24 hours.
>>
i have literally never heard of this app
>>
>>13849283
Did you do it in a white 1970 Challenger?
>>
>>13849315
nope. Victory Red 2011 Chevy Silverado.
Still a V8 though...
>>
>>13849198
>People rarely mark cops in town
cop cars must all have gps by now
can it be hacked ?
>>
>>13849426
I think he's saying they aren't marked accurately enough or often enough in the city.
>>
I don't know how in US, but in Europe, Baltics Waze is really accurate and there are lot of people in community sharing info about traffic. I use it on daily basis, even if I know where to go - just to check for cops and traffic jams/accidents. In 2 years I`ve had just 2 times where Waze didn`t warn me about cops. Probably because they just parked or removed themselves from Waze.

I do 70km/h in city where 50 is allowed just because I can. Especially in night when streets are empty.
>>
>>13847999

I use it before i go to work. Been pretty accurate and i drive 90 when im late to work. And after I pass a cop car that wazer marked i have confidence that i wont get busted.
>>
itt: cops advertising app because they found a loophole

enjoy your tickets
>>
I use it tons, it is very helpful but you have to consider population density and the road you're on. It's a risk reduction mechanism, not complete avoidance.

A radar detector is a great complement.
>>
Use it to commute, turned it on this morning and it told me there was a wreck and routed me around it. All the other wagekeks in my office were late this morning.
>>
>>13851146
That's another thing I love about it. On the way down to Florida, it routed us around traffic near the Washington DC area.

Once we got into Florida, we had to stop for a semi truck hauling new cars to a dealership that caught fire. Wasn't mentioned on Waze so I reported it. Was the first Waze user to come across it. Wish I'd taken a pic of that truck. The fire hit one of the fuel lines while we were right next to it.
>>
The best cop spotting tool is your eyes. Look for brake lights, slow down when you see a car on the side of the road ahead.

How do waze users update the cop reports? Does it use voice commands or are there a bunch of numbskulls tapping away at their phones to report cops?
>>
What are these geriatrics doing on 4chan?
>>13847999
>I never heard of it
>>13849296
>>
>>13852427
>How do waze users update the cop reports? Does it use voice commands or are there a bunch of numbskulls tapping away at their phones to report cops?
You can do it both ways. On the way down to Florida, I did it by hand tapping away since there were 2 of us in the truck. One of us would drive and whoever wasn't driving would update the app. But there is an option for both functions.

When you come up to a cop report someone else put up, it will give you an option if he's still there or not. If he's not, tell the app and the warning will disappear.
>>
I rarely ever turn on my Waze app unless I'm getting on the highway. My commute is mostly backroads with few places for cops to hide.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.