[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /o/ I'm relatively new to cars, so I was wondering

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (42KB, 359x409px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42KB, 359x409px
Hey /o/
I'm relatively new to cars, so I was wondering if anyone had any generic suggestions for performance enhancing mods that would work on most cars?
>In b4 newfag
>I know there's no concensus on this, but any advice would be helpful
Thanks
>>
>>13837698
throw out anything you don't need. weight is the enemy. spare wheel, tire iron, interior panels, junk. whatever you don't really need in the car. replace seats with lighter aftermarket ones also/

one of the cheapest mods out there
>>
>>13837698
this
>>13837844
weight reduction is best mod.
>>
>>13837698
I'd go with more horsepower, and better handling.

That works for most cars.
>>
>>13837698
Fuzzy dice.
>>
>>13837698
Get a spoiler
>>
Its not about how fast you are, its about how fast you look. Spoiler, monster stickers, white douchebag sunglasses, and stance it.
>>
>>13837698
Plastidip wheels and badges
Window tint
Illest and dapper stickers, maybe an Instagram sticker too, oh yeah make sure you have one of those too
Quick release Neochrome steering wheel

There are some others but I forgot what they were
>>
>>13837698
Don't bother with speed mods unless you know what you're doing.

You just need a killer sound system and Eurobeat to play on it.
>>
Better tires
Better brakes
Better shocks
Upgraded swaybars
>>
>>13838008
very much this
>>
>>13837915
this desu
doesn't matter how fast your car is when you see disco lights just from driving slightly faster than soccer moms
>>
>>13837698
exhaust can be easily changed on some vehicles
>>
>>13838060
It's easy on every vehicle. Just sawsall off the muffler, clamp on autozone chrome 4 inch tip muffler.
>>
>>13837698
depends on what you want your car/truck/van to do.

>do you want it to steer better?
bushings and or CV probally worn out and need replacement or replace with newer suspention
>do you want it to brake harder?
brake upgrades and pads are availible
>do you just want more power from your current engine?
depending on what it is performance parts may not be availible, and it maybe DIY otherwise a crate performance engine has all the hard work done for you and all you have to is swap with old engine and re tune.
>>
>>13837698
Black ice
>>
An HPDE course and weight reduction.
>>
>>13837698
>I'm so proud to be a welfare whore that I have to deface my vehicle
>>
Blow off valve, senpai
>>
>>13837980
This, Eurobeat easily adds 15hp
>>
hypertension piston return springs, op
>>
>>13837698
>joe as fuck

I hate faggots like this, I see enough of that among the myriad of new Mustangs financed above 15% in the parking lots at work.
>>
>>13840825
>OP says in b4 newfag
>Calls OP faggot
You sir, are a fucking idiot
>>
>>13837698
add racing stripes.

automatically makes car faster.

making it all red helps too
>>
File: DSC_1906.jpg (3MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_1906.jpg
3MB, 3840x2160px
Depends how new the car is but I'm happy with the results from a handheld tuner paired up with a reputable person/shop to do the tuning. The best gain from it is being able to make use of higher octane fuel like 92. If you have an e85 capable car then even better.
>>
Change your blinker fluid for high-quality stuff. Also check your muffler bearings, replace if worn. This should add up to about 20hp.
>>
Tires.

Huge difference on any car that isn't a factory track day special.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.