[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So i got a new truck recently its a 1990 toyota pickup and ive

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_20151109_215852.jpg (628KB, 2560x1016px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151109_215852.jpg
628KB, 2560x1016px
So i got a new truck recently its a 1990 toyota pickup and ive had so many problems like... timing was off, blown cam seals, broken fan and fan shroud (ball bearings shot around inside) and valves still need adjusted and there is metal in the oil pan. it has a 3.0 v6 engine in it. How screwed am i?
>>
>>13836101

>buying a truck
why
>>
>>13836109
not all of us live in a city environment and our work requires a truck
>>
>>13836137
haha what
yeah okay man

you bought it to initial D, didn't you
>>
i deal with hay and moving pipe (not to mention hunting) it requires a truck
>>
Bad choice. That is the worst Toyota engine ever. Swap in a 3.4 and never have problems again, put a used 3.0 and deal with the same shit + overheating and blown head gaskets.

Or swap one of the many good 4cly engines Toyota made.

I work for Toyota, 3.0 is a joke.
>>
>>13836109
U ride a bicycle everywhere? Every man needs a truck.
>>
>>13836217
the 3.4 conversion is really expensive because its is unfortunately an automatic transmission which means i have to replace that and then the wiring harness will be a bitch as well
>>
>>13836101
damn man the "3.0 slow" is the worst. the 5vz-fe is the best
>>
>>13836101
should have gotten a pre 80 hilux with a 20r. literally bulletproof
>>
>>13836101
Shit motor is shit.
Toyota should gave recalled, and BOD should have committed sudoku.
>>
but OP has the 22r...
>>
>>13836101

Aside from the metal in the oil pan. Everything else is an easy fix and there is not much or that costly.

The metal in the oil pan though I am not too sure. You could risk $50 to fix everything else and if the engine runs. Just run it until it pops and then do like everyone else in this thread says.
>>
File: image_15.jpg (154KB, 746x540px) Image search: [Google]
image_15.jpg
154KB, 746x540px
I'll just leave this here
>>
>>13838207

The only shame about that is that bed has those good tie downs and not only the shitty internal ones.
>>
File: 37.png (9KB, 401x367px) Image search: [Google]
37.png
9KB, 401x367px
>>13836101
bs. Toyota reliable !!

REEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.