[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Got a 2006 Mazda RX8. Took car to a shop to get rotors resurfaced

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: rx81.jpg (256KB, 1562x1172px) Image search: [Google]
rx81.jpg
256KB, 1562x1172px
Got a 2006 Mazda RX8. Took car to a shop to get rotors resurfaced and they fucked up my front left one. I am going to have another company do it again but they already looked and suggested I get new rotors.

I was wondering if anyone had any experience with 2-piece rotors from Racing Brake? Did you have any issues with the install? Do they fit the stock calipers?

I see they don't work well with Carbotech brake pads so I was considering going 1-piece up front with the 2-piece in the rear and use different pads front and back.

As for the front rotors, I'd like to go with StopTech Centric High Carbon 125.

I'd also like to get the Racing Beat 4-piston calipers. Save a little weight and they seem a bit more durable.

Lastly, I'm planning on getting CE28N's 17x8.5 with a +30 offset. Will I have problems here?

Aside from the general m/o/nkey disliking rotaries, is this a realistic build? Will I have any issues anywhere here?
>>
Yous reap what yous sows.
>>
At first I thought you were resurfacing the rotors in your engine, and I was going to call you a doublenigger.
>+30 offset
Do you want a car that looks like ass, you doubenigger?
>>
swap SR20
>>
>>13827100
>1-piece up front with the 2-piece in the rear and use different pads front and back.
I don't understand why you would do this. Don't mix pads.
>>
>>13827147
+30 is going to look ok. I'm not stoked on them being that far off from stock (+50) but I've seen them and it isn't terrible looking. The alternative is a +44 with the 17x8 which are almost exactly stock looking. But I was hoping for a bit more tire.
>>
>>13827147

8.5 + 30 is just about perfect, without stance
>>
File: Wut.jpg (18KB, 403x389px) Image search: [Google]
Wut.jpg
18KB, 403x389px
>>13827148
Really? You want me to put an SR20 at each corner of my car huh?
>>
>>13827159
Can you recommend a 2-piece rear then that will accept Carbotech XP pads? I've spent nearly 5 hours today looking for parts and I didn't come across anything. Open to suggestions.
>>
bump for more info on mixing pads and rotors.
>>
Why didn't you spring for the extra grand and get a 2008
>>
>>13827474
You mean a 2nd gen? I just like the first gen better. And the money difference at the time of purchase didn't make sense. An extra $5k gave you seats and suspension. I could buy the same thing for $2k.
>>
>>13827100
ford shill pls go
>>
>>13828081
Wut?
>>
>>13828037
No it buys you a superior car in every way
>>
File: 1444623594503.jpg (83KB, 400x397px) Image search: [Google]
1444623594503.jpg
83KB, 400x397px
>>13827147
Same. I got half way through OP's post thinking this was a troll thread before I realized he's talking brakes. 4chan has ruined me.
>>
>>13828140
No, it really doesn't. But I'm not here to debate that.
>>
>>13827100
If you're going to put brand new brake rotors and brake pads you could do that job yourself and save some money it's really not that hard to remove the wheel
>>
>>13828379
Um. That wasn't the question.
>>
>>13828245
Lol k
>>
>>13827148
I didn't know people still thought sr20's were gud?
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.