[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>be me >looking for an e39 >find a well maintained 530i

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: image.gif (157KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
157KB, 1000x1000px
>be me
>looking for an e39
>find a well maintained 530i up in Chicago
>make the drive
>pristine inside and out, lots of preventative maintenance done, low miles
>test drive
>shifts are super smooth because new shifter pins, car drives like a champ
>give the guy $5k and make the trek back to central illinois
>performs great the whole way
>next day, fuel pump and starter both go bad simultaneously and now the car doesn't run
Every fucking time. Does this always happen to anybody else?
>>
did you check the fuse bro
a fuel pump? really?
>>
File: 20150323JHEastStudents02_1.jpg (527KB, 1955x1303px) Image search: [Google]
20150323JHEastStudents02_1.jpg
527KB, 1955x1303px
>>13824295
>BMW
>>
>>13824306
The fuse is fine, both of these were intermittent failures. It would stall when accelerating and occasionally while idling which definitely is the hallmark of a fuel pump issue.
It was also intermittently failing to turn over, just getting a click from the solenoid, which is indicative of a bad spot on the starter solenoid.
I think.
>>
>>13824352
God Asians are ugly.
>>
This almost happened to me I went to buy a 540i but decided to pick the car up the next day and the owner went to get the emissions for it turns out the engine basically shit itself too mamy problems to list that were there that weren't there the day I checked out the car
>>
>>13824396
>pot calling the kettle black

Ok skeletor, you obviously have no problem pulling the ladies with your rape record.
>>
>>13824394
You need to better diagnose.

Clicking starter could be also caused by a low battery. You need to be getting at least 12.5v to start.

Do you hear the fuel pump prime?
if not you probably have a shitty dead battery.
why dont you charge it up, and try again.

srsly, no fuel, starter clicking. that is a low battery.
maybe bad alternator, I dont know how zee germans do their shit. does a bmw run off battery power alone, or does it need the alt to run?
>>
>>13824394
sounds a lot more like a weak battery to me
you really really need to diagnose more throughly.
>>
>>13824394
>intermittent failures
Typical German over-engineering. It cost them the war. Be prepared for perpetual problems.
>>
>>13824306
yeah they eventually give up the ghost around the 120k mark or so, replacement is really easy though

starter's not to bad either
>>
>>13824586
no they need the alternator, there's a setting in the instrument cluster to show your current running voltage (i think its referred to as "test 9" or something), that should be around 13.8v while driving
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.