[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anybody own this car? How viable would this be as a daily driver

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

File: pontiac-firebird-11151.jpg (116KB, 1136x848px) Image search: [Google]
pontiac-firebird-11151.jpg
116KB, 1136x848px
Anybody own this car? How viable would this be as a daily driver in Europe? They're just so affordable, it's really tempting.
>>
>>13823567
>In Europe

It has more than 1 liter displacement, you already can't own it
>>
I NEED a turd gen as my next car. Very reliable OP
>>
>>13823576
Actually if I get a 1990 or earlier model I'd only have to pay €25 a year in tax, insurance would be half price as well.

I'm more concerned about the size as it's the same length as a Range Rover with a huge bonnet, and just the general reliability situation in all weathers.
>>
>>13823567
Who in Europe has a three-car garage?
>>
>>13823610
>general reliability
There's the sticking point
>>
>>13823905
Here in England, at least, pretty much the upper middle class.
>>
>>13823905
Me
>>
>>13823567
the reason most of the survivors in the states are unreliable is because they had the everloving shit beat out of them by three generations of teenagers. if it was taken care of, there's on reason it can't be as reliable as any 30 year old car
>>
>>13823905
I have a one car garage and park in the driveway because I can't be bothered.
>>
>>13823955
In Europe teenagers wouldn't be able to afford it (and probably wouldn't want it), so we've got that going.
>>
>>13823567
I don't know what your parts situation is over there, if something breaks are you going to be paying out the ass for it?
>>
>>13823972
ya, in the states they were relatively cheap new, so getting a 2nd or 3rd hand f-body or rustang has always been well within the grasp of your average motivated young adult.

go drive one, m8. if you like it, pull the trigger. it would certainly be a conversation piece, and with the money you save on insurance you can mail-order all kinds of upgrades from burgerland.
>>
>>13823972
Yeah, but boy oh boy do we burn through warm hatches and entry level BMWs...
>>
>>13824024
Fucking this. This is the reason I'm not looking at cheap GTIs or E36s, all of them have been beat to hell and back or ruined by some fuckstick that bought one just to show off and installed shitty aftermarket lights.
>>
very reliable becouse most of them were owned by USA car scene fans like myself. Even the V6 models are very fun. USA cars get a lot of attention here (to much for my taste-introvert) people are taing pictures and asking questions all the time. You can get a lot of parts from germany or netherland and usually even cheaper and faster straight from the US(it's not expensive as everbody thinks it is) and from my experience chicks dig USA cars(if you want to chase some pussy) and i love taking girls crousing on the first date while listening to some ol' school funk, the only problem i have with the car is not fuel but for a teenager like me all i can say is: INSURANCE IS A BITCH. still if you buy one you wont regret it, very fun experience and you will learn a lot about working on the cars just pull the trigger and show us some pictures later on.
>>
>>13823982
I'm not sure but I've read in one article from Germany that they were surprisingly affordable, that there's even a lot of third-party stuff available that's better than the originals. I believe it gave €8.50 for an oil filter as an example. And worst case scenario you order it from the US, it's not like shipping costs the world.

The problem is I'm kind of a faggot in terms of car mechanics and wouldn't be able to do much fixing myself, and I'm wondering if I can just take this thing to any Opel garage (=GM) or if I'd need to go to a special US cars garage...
>>
>>13824051
I'd give working on it yourself a try, the small block chevy motors are extremely well documented for anything you could possibly want to do.
>>
>>13824051
yes, and honestly, any independent mechanic should be able to fix anything on an f-body. they are not exotic* at all. the only issue they might have is parts availability, which previous posters have said is "better than you would think."

*try getting a citroen fixed in the states, kek
>>
>>13824065
Try getting a Citroën fixed anywhere. Especially the older ones with the hydropneumatic suspension are absolute hell to work on.
>>
>>13823935
You like American classic cars? Good!
>>
>>13823567
I'd look to see what parts availability is like in your area. Shit is going to break eventually.
>>
>>13824043
Thank you for your reply. Do you use it as your main (only?) car, even in winter etc.?

And I'd be getting a V6, I know V6s aren't really considered proper US cars but they're just so much cheaper to come by then the V8 models. I'm assuming I'll get overtaken by people in diesel hatchbacks but I wouldn't be buying this car to go fast in it anyway.
>>
>>13824094
yeah no problem i'm 18 years old so i bouught it right after i got my license i'm using it as much as possible but i'm not dailying it becouse i can afford it but i'm taking it for a short drives every sunny day on some beutifull roads just enyojing the ride, glass down smoking a god cigarette and listening to the funky music(Mary Jane Girls - All Night Long) i'm still riding the bus to school like before but now i have almoast a muscle car waiting in my garage ready to relieve my strees. i spent almoast all my money for this car and still not sorry for doing it
>>
>>13824182
and not to mention USA car clubs are always willing to help with parts, labor and all that
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.