[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Smoked tail-lights/turn-signals disgusting >Smoked head-lights

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 9

File: smokedlights.jpg (15KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
smokedlights.jpg
15KB, 300x300px
>Smoked tail-lights/turn-signals
disgusting
>Smoked head-lights
pants-on-head retarded

Seriously why are smoked lights a thing? When I see smoked tail-lights the running lights are practically invisible. The brake light is still really hard to see; it is dimmer than my rear running lights. Combine the dimming factor with the people who have the super-fast flashing turn signals so the light doesn't get to full intensity and I can't see those either.
I have even seen smoked headlights. I have no idea how those people see at night.
>>
>>13819680
Niggers and wops think it looks cool.
>>
Smoked tail lights are fine. The retards you see with the nearly black tail lights coat their shit with a thick, transparent paint.

Its all about preference. They look nice on some cars where the stock taillights are busy and ugly.
>>
>>13819799
>black tail lights
>thick, transparent paint.
If it were transparent, it wouldn't be black. They are the exact opposite of each other.
>>
>>13819799

swaggot detected

it looks like fucking shit and gets all hazy and dirty after a few weeks

every single car that is "modded" looks like utter SHIT within a month.
>>
>>13819810
Jesus dude go to school
>>
how do you make a thread here? i always struggle to think of anything i give enough of a fuck about to ever start one yet here you are working yourself up over tail lights.
amazing.
>>
>>13819810
>>13819799
I'm guessing he meant opaque but used the opposite word
>>
File: P1020532.jpg (2MB, 3072x2304px) Image search: [Google]
P1020532.jpg
2MB, 3072x2304px
i only ever smoked the turn singles in my mirrors. i thought it looked good. any other time that shit looks stupid.
>>
the word is translucent you uneducated fucks

holy shit
>>
>>13819680
Sometimes slightly smoked tail lights look ok on certain cars. I'm not a fan, but not hating on them for liking the look.

I can't stand when they are really dark to the point where it is unsafe. I have seen so many cars with tint so dark that you can't see brake lights during the day or regular tail lights at night. That is ridiculous. You might as well just paint them black at that point.
>>
>>13819836
He was trying to describe paint made not to allow light to pass through. Translucent means some light passes through.
>>
>>13819799
>Smoked tail lights are fine. T
No, they aren't. Vehicle lighting is not a toy.
>>
>>13819823
okay here's a link to the Corvette vs GTR thread since you don't want to read anything original.
>>13812732
>>
>>13819799
>>13819680

This guy right. Some cars look better with darken or smoke tail lights.

BUUUUUT

>>13819900

Is not something to toy with. Safety first. I know i sound like a loser but is true.

Now o.p. People dont do it right. They buy a smoke paint can and overspray to the point you cants see the lights. Or they forget to replace the regular bulbs to leds. A much brighter light bulb that will shine thru dark shade.

At that point it is just a retarded mod. All about that swag am i right >.>
>>
>>13821169
>Or they forget to replace the regular bulbs to leds. A much brighter light bulb that will shine thru dark shade.
You do realize this is also unsafe and illegal, right?
>>
File: no fun allowed.jpg (184KB, 713x543px) Image search: [Google]
no fun allowed.jpg
184KB, 713x543px
>>13819680
seems to be a Mexican thing where I live, fuggin idiots think it makes their 2WD silverados look cool
>>
what about corner lamps?
>>
>>13821447
I never saw any meth labs there :(
>>
>>13821191
Yes and no. Your best bet would be to get some aftermarket smoked lights (the whole assembly) and do your research to make sure they're DOT approved and meet the requirements set out in your state/province. Very difficult to do yourself unless you know a lot about photometric intensity, have the necessary tools to measure photometric intensity and color scoping, etc, etc.

Regardless, it still screams "Hey cops, I'm a faggot, please assrape me!"
>>
>>13821544
>Yes and no.
No, it IS. There's no question. There's no such thing as DOT approval, and nothing that isn't actually engineered by real engineers (it won't be 'smoked') is going to be compliant or safe.
>>
>>13821554
You're right that there is no such thing as "DOT approval," it's more of a self-certification thing. There is such a thing as certain lights having the "appearance" of being smoked without actually hindering lighting performance. And safety and compliance are two different things.

For example, here in the People's Republic of Kalifornia, it's illegal "any device that is intended to modify the original design or performance of any lighting equipment, safety glazing material, or other device" unless it's complaint with another law that says "Every manufacturer ... shall ... have laboratory test data showing compliance with such requirements. Tests may be conducted by the manufacturer."

So yeah, almost impossible. I don't know why I typed up this response. Even the clear aftermarket "euro-style" taillamps are gay as fuck, legal or not.
>>
>>13821625
>There is such a thing as certain lights having the "appearance" of being smoked without actually hindering lighting performance.
No, there is not. You can design in something like that, but no one would ever bother to legitimately do it unless they had a wealth of time and money at hand. It's time consuming and expensive enough just getting a regular luminaire to be effective and compliant.
>>
>>13821649
this nigga just contradicted himself.
>>
>>13821668
No, nigga, I didn't.
>>
>>13821649
All I'm saying is that it's theoretically possible, which you've just agreed to. And hey, I'm sure there's an aftermarket company out there willing to spend the time and money to design and certify a compliant luminaire if enough people were willing to buy their products.

Anyway, that's enough of this thread for me, I'll be shitposting elsewhere. Peace, br/o/.
>>
Jesus where do you people live that smoked tail lights are that big of a problem and you're constantly worrying about compliance and shit. Fuck that. You all must live in Commiefornia. I have literally never heard of anyone getting busted or seen anyone busted for smoked tail lights or darkened lights here in the 513.

I think our law simply says as long as they are visible in plain daylight from 500 yards or feet away (can't remember which, I think feet) then it's cool, I don't remember there being any clause about specific modifications.

Now I know why I don't want to move out of Ohio, our laws are actually pretty chill.
>>
File: rear-mud-guard2.jpg (227KB, 1000x554px) Image search: [Google]
rear-mud-guard2.jpg
227KB, 1000x554px
>>13819680
the fuck, OP?
>>
>>13822068
It's 500ft and your tail lights can be pretty much black and still be seen. It's the jackholes who plastidip their tail lights that are a problem because you can't see through platidip.
>>
>>13822068
>as long as they are visible in plain daylight from 500 yards or feet away (can't remember which, I think feet) then it's cool
But who's going to test it?
>>
>>13819834
Yeah okay that looks pretty nice
>>
>>13819796
Dont forget white bros wearing snap-back swag and yolo hats driving stanced out Infiniti G35 and G37's.

One of them threw a beer bottle at me and tried to start some road-rage.
>>
>>13819834
Looks good m8
>>
File: IMG_20151103_170318.jpg (3MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151103_170318.jpg
3MB, 4160x2340px
>>13822162
Yeah, you can. I did one light coat on my turn signals because the amber was ugly and the light is still visible from 100 yards away in broad daylight, which is what Texas requires for it to be legal.
>>
File: 1445235377660.jpg (103KB, 640x348px) Image search: [Google]
1445235377660.jpg
103KB, 640x348px
>>13822105

>Alberta plates
>Pristine FD

I hope they don't salt the roads often in Alberta
>>
>>13822356
My FD is from NY and has no rust expect a tiny bit of surface rust on some bottom bolts. Nothing on the actual chassis.

FDs just weren't rust buckets like Proteges.
>>
>>13822337
nice meme good sir :)
narwhale bacon :D
>>
>>13819680
I'm all for it if it makes them less painfully bright at night.
>>
>>13822824
Holy shit that reminds me of how fucking blinding the new Nissan LED taillights and DRLs are.
More specifically the Nissan Rogue DRLs, and the tail lights of I think the Maxima? Something like that

I don't know how that shit is legal. They're more blinding than most high beams, yet on all the fucking time.
>>
>>13821649

stfu u know nothing punk bitch faggot
>>
>>13822068
You realize you have federal laws to deal with, right? Lights are safety equipment. You may not get busted for it, but you're putting everyone at risk.
>>
>>13822735

ikr WAT is such a good meme!

omg and le twingo 2 :PPPPP
>>
>>13822824
>>13822839

I think Cadillac actually had a TSB and recall over their taillights on the CTS being too bright.

They're fucking blinding and leave trails in your eyes at night after the Cadi in front of you hits his brakes.
>>
>>13822839
I completely blacked out my tail lights and got hyper ultra bright leds thinking it would counter the effect. All it did was make hotspots in my tail lights and they are HYPER ULTRA FUCKING BRIGHT. Even though my tail lights are pretty much opaque, looking into these fuckers is like staring into the sun. The things cost like 100 bucks each.
>>
File: image.jpg (3MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3MB, 5312x2988px
I tinted my tail lights because the stock lights are the ugliest shade of red. You can still see them fine even during the day. Even then the third tail light behind the rear windshield is untouched
>>
There was an accident at like 2 AM a few weeks ago. Some guy thought it'd be great to make his tailights pitch black, to the point you can barely see them, and stick them on a fucking red truck. They slammed on their brakes and the person behind them had no idea they hit the brakes until it was too late.

Cops actually charged the truck guy for unsafe operation too. It was pretty great.
>>
>>13819680
>I have even seen smoked headlights. I have no idea how those people see at night.
There's a guy in one of my classes that bought these for his shitstang. Apparently he thought tint went by how much it blocks, not how much it lets through so he bought 15% headlight covers thinking they'd be just a touch of smoke. He can't see a fucking thing further than a foot away at night.

In general, shit should be illegal unless it can give off the same light. This shit shouldn't be fucked with like that.
>>
I almost ran into the back of some idiot with straight up 10% tint on their tail lights I had no idea he braked
>>
>>13822337
qt twingo plushie
>>
>>13823037
If you have a hard time seeing tail lights and especially brake lights through a mild tint, you should not be driving.
>>
>>13824354
Take it up with engineers and, NHTSA, and the DOT.
>>
>>13824354

When it's bright during the daytime that shit is fucking impossible to see. Go fuck yourself you ricerfag
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 2896x1944px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 2896x1944px
Some cars have smoked tail lights from the factory.
>>
>>13824978
You can obviously see a clear lens.
>>
>>13824994
hur dur it's still smoked, just not 100%.
>>
>>13825054
No, it's not.
>>
>>13825723
Yes it is, you retard.

If they weren't smoked, they'd be the same or similar shade of red as the reflectors on the bumper.

I own an FD. They are not even close to fully transparent. They're smoked.
>>
>>13825809
Are you blind? You don't own an FD.
>>
>>13823498
Goddamn. Where'd you get those?

I want to put them in my rear foglights for dealing with those assholes who drive 5 inches from my bumper with HIDs and wash out my nightvision.
>>
>>13825924
You're a moron.
>>
File: saaaaab.jpg (1MB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
saaaaab.jpg
1MB, 2592x1944px
How about Iced tail lights?
>>
>>13828472
this is actually the only case besides aston marton that has good looking iced tail lights. it doesnt look ricey at all like the others do
>>
>>13828472
Depends on car just like smoked. Looks good here, anon.
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.