[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I used to think that the US had the best car culture and enthusiast

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 193
Thread images: 33

File: Sad_619425_5435993.jpg (23KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Sad_619425_5435993.jpg
23KB, 500x500px
I used to think that the US had the best car culture and enthusiast scene but then I went to Europe and they are on a completely different level there.

In Europe everyone is a car "enthusiast" in the way that they take great care of their cars and they are serious about driving.

In Germany I routinely saw people check tire pressure and oil level while waiting at the pump. Meanwhile we drive around with the check engine light on for thousands of miles because we don't give a shit.

Also I realized how stupid americans are for thinking of BMW, Mercedes etc. as "luxury" cars. In Germany they are everywhere!

Now I am back in the US and all I see are ancient hipster shitboxes that are falling apart and wouldn't be considered roadworthy in Europe and huge trucks transporting nothing but some fatass going to the mall and shit like that.
>>
this gon b good
>>
LOL U MAD EUROPOOR U DRIVE 1.3l DIESEL I DRIVE HENNESAY VENUM LOLOL U MAD BRO SO MAD MAD JELLY EUROPOOR DISPLACEMENT TAX NIGERIAN REFUGEES TV LICENSE KEKE
>>
>>13816948
japan has the best car scene by a vary large margin
>>
>>13816948
I'm sorry I'm not a rich spoiled brat like you but you should know there are poor people in Europe too
>>
>>13816966
funny way to spell australia/new zealand
>>
>>13816971

Even the poor people seemed to have a bit of pride about their appearance and their cars. I saw many old shitboxes around too but they were usually in quite good condition.

Maybe not for european standards but compared to the unsafe rusty shitboxes in a state of total disrepair that you can see driving around in the US definitely!
>>
Itt nationalists insist their shithole is best shithole in a roundabout fashion.
>>
>>13816981
>australian car scene
retarded teenage douches and people still trying to be retarded teenage douches in generic jap sports cars doing laps of main streets and skidding aorund roudnabouts
or bogans in commodores/falcons doing laps of a main street and doing burnouts in parking lots

>new zealand
inbred sheep shaggers skidding all day in their hacked up rb25det swapped cefiros
>>
>>13816948
German cars are everywhere in Germany because that's their domestic market.. I do agree with Europeans being more picky with their cars, but thats only to the fact that buying a car over there is more of a luxury than it is here. All those small countries have excellent public transport and can get to anywhere without a car. So the people that do buy them obviously appreciate them more, and buy them for other reason, besides necessity.
>>
Dont forget y'all. Europe is a country.
>>
How can germans check their oil when the German automakers don't sell cars with dipsticks anymore
>>
>>13816981

Oh that's funny kek
>>
>>13816948
Wat? European here, and that isn't true at all. Majority of people on this continent, in my experience, couldn't give a toss.
>>
>>13816948
That's true for a lot of Europe, wish I could say the same for Ireland though. Most people here take absolutely terrible care of their cars
>>
File: 1444738136747.png (293KB, 327x316px) Image search: [Google]
1444738136747.png
293KB, 327x316px
>>13817000
>>13817010
mad seppos detected, dont you amerifats have to wait 100 years to import a car?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnCxSXoEcmE
>>
Also europeans in general look so much better than us ;___;
Their everyday outfit seems to be suits and stuff that would be considered super "fancy" in the US.

You see well groomed and good looking people getting out of equally nice cars and immediately feel inferior to them. Only in Europe did I learn what "luxury" truly means.

The car on its own is absolutely worthless if you do it like americans and get out of your AMG Merc wearing camo shorts and a red hawaii shirt and look like a complete and utter douchetard
>>
>>13817025
>mad seppo
sorry bruh just sharing my experiences with average australian auto enthusiast
watching p platers in their na nissans doing laps of the same street over and over kinda makes me feel gross
>>
>>13816948
US is still no. 1. Gas is hovering around $2/gal in lots of places, that's barely a fifth of what it is in some parts of europe. Also ton's of garage space. My mom has a 6 car garage and her house wasn't even expensive.
>>
>>13817007

>So the people that do buy them obviously appreciate them more, and buy them for other reason, besides necessity.

Yes, but that is exactly why european car culture (and german car culture in particular) is so much superior to ours.
>>
>>13817036

You don't get it. What a typically american response. It's thanks to people like you that the US car culture is so shit
>>
>>13816948
Hello Saabkyle
>>
File: nonamericano.jpg (578KB, 3000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
nonamericano.jpg
578KB, 3000x3000px
>can't afford anything but a shitty hatchback
>insurance costs are prohibitive for anything else
>amateur race/track events are few and far between and impossible for people with average income
>modifying your car is illegal
>gas prices are outrageous
>but people enthusiastically check their air pressure in their tires!
Sounds great!
>>
>>13817029
As Yuropoorian who moved to Murica I can confirm that. People here dress like shit all the time. Although, Muricans care about health and teeth in particular way more than an average Yuropoorian
>>
>>13817070

>35mph speed limits everywhere
>>
File: 4Bi2Tau.png (211KB, 327x316px) Image search: [Google]
4Bi2Tau.png
211KB, 327x316px
>>13817070
>mw some american is so mad he made a collage of some yuropoors and labeled "non american" to try to make himself feel better
>>
>>13817080

There was a literal thread asking europeans to post what they drive, and that was all that was posted
>>
>>13817100
why dont you go to agerman car forum and ask, or an italian one

it sounds like a great idea to ask in an english speaking board
>>
>>13817075

Being back in the US I also understand why europeans don't really like us most of the time. All the fake friendliness and fake smiles here are absolutely disgusting.

In Europe people treat each other with more respect and seriousness. If someone asks you how you are doing they actually expect at short but proper answer. They don't smile at strangers as often but when it happens it is genuine and not faked and once you get to know them and become friends with them they are absolutely loyal and support you in every way they can.
>>
>>13817100
Wasn't there an anon with a Ferrari though?
>>
>>13817070
>can't afford anything but a shitty landbarge
>mandatory insurance costs are prohibitive for anything else
>amateur race/track events are common but impossible for people with average income to compete in because of multi hundred dollar fees (errone in debt with their 4/hr jobs)
>modifying your car is illegal in the most populated state in the country, mandatory smog checks but nothing about actual vehicle safety
>gas prices are cheap because of the gas guzzling land barges and distances required to travel
>but people can afford an automatic v6 pony car if they go into debt!
>>
>>13817070
>>insurance costs are prohibitive for anything else

Except they're exactly the same as the US if not cheaper, given you're over 20 years old.
>>
File: 1444731731748.png (256KB, 315x404px) Image search: [Google]
1444731731748.png
256KB, 315x404px
>>13817114
>mfw someone makes a lease or loan thread
>all posts are americans
>>
>>13817110
These are also quite accurate observations m8. I wish more Americans could afford travel to Yuroop, so they could lose their delusions about Murica being the center of the world and such
>>
>>13817127
well americans are inclined to getting fucked by the jews. its only natural they ruin their already worthless lives by diving double chin deep into debt.
>>
File: 1444263386210.jpg (129KB, 950x713px) Image search: [Google]
1444263386210.jpg
129KB, 950x713px
>>13817111

Never provided bread on hood, there is an American anon who had a 458 a few years back

>>13817105

>Go to specific car forum to see enthusiasts of said country with their cars

Meanwhile, we're talking about people who actually post on /o/
>>
>>13817143
>Meanwhile, we're talking about people who actually post on /o/

exactly

which is why it makes that collage retarded
>>
File: kowalski.jpg (91KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
kowalski.jpg
91KB, 2048x1536px
>>13817009
Underrated as fuck post.
>>
>>13817036

In nj its 1.00
>>
>>13816981
hahahahah gr8 b8 m8!! Go watch your mcm vids..
>>
>In Europe everyone is a car "enthusiast" in the way that they take great care of their cars and they are serious about driving.
Not texting while driving/doing basic maintnence does not make a car enthusiast
>In Germany I routinely saw people check tire pressure and oil level while waiting at the pump. Meanwhile we drive around with the check engine light on for thousands of miles because we don't give a shit.
WOOO ANECDOTAL EVIDENCE WITH A SAMPLE SIZE OF FUCK ALL
>Also I realized how stupid americans are for thinking of BMW, Mercedes etc. as "luxury" cars. In Germany they are everywhere!
And then I realized how stupid OP was for thinking that's any sort of correlation between luxury and quantity

tldr OP's an asspained European who's upset that we don't think his shitbox is a raeckar
>>
This thread sucks. Post about it on /int/. Nobody here gives a shit
>>
Cars in Europe are a lot harder to get a hold of so people tend to take care of them better. Also safety inspections are a big thing.
>>
>>13817303
Actually let's go on the offensive

Europe:
>Extremely limited amount of cheap power
>Ridiculously strict speeding enforcement that's been proven to not improve safety
>Cars are between expensive and unaffordable depending on the country [160k for a fucking Mustang in Norway]
>lmao 6x gas prices
>lmao insurance that'll cost more than the car itself for the first year
>lmao shit-tier availability of anything that isn't an entry level Merc/BMW/Audi or 1.2l hatchback
>lmao displacement tax
>>
>>13816948
I'm a Canadian who went to Germany 5 or 6 years ago and felt the exact same way. Especially being from Alberta where it's not unusual to see pickups on the road with rust holes that you could stick your arm through, or minivans with at least one "window" made out of duct tape. When you buy a car you may have to get it inspected depending on age, but after that you can drive it indefinitely without getting another one. Quite a contrast when you get to Germany and don't see cars that are more than 5 years old, don't see rust, don't see body damage, etc.

And yeah they put way more effort into the way they dress too.
>>
>>13817331
>Ridiculously strict speeding enforcement that's been proven to not improve safety
uhh no. youre confusing europe with america.
>muh autobahn

they can legally go fat without being chased by police and shot to death
>>
>>13817350
>all European countries have autobahn equivalents
>>
>>13817331
You see, that's the thing. In the US cars are so easy to get that everyone and their grandma can just buy a new one if the old one breaks. In Europe a car is a massive investment and replacing it is a huge deal, causing people to take better care of their cars.
It's a worse place to live as a car enthusiast, but the cars themselves usually are in better shape because of this.
>>
>>13817350
Speed cameras in Britain for one. For one the autobahn isn't 100% speed-limit free and the portions that are are full of traffic anyway.

But we both know you have no factual arguments so you're just going to cry about Americans more.

>>13817361
I'm not denying (western) Europeans take better care of their cars however that doesn't make them enthusiasts nor Europe a good place for car ownership.
>>
>>13817368
Whoops, said "for one" twice. Also can we just fucking revoke licenses for fucks texting instead of punishing people for going 5 over the limit to keep up with traffic
>>
europeans are soo down to earth, it's way easier to make friends there then with americans. although it kind of varies regionally in america, i notice people on the east coast are super critical of each other to the point that everyone is in denial that they're just super insecure. places like rural kansas are pretty laid back by comparison, denver is almost like living in europe but in the middle of america. people are super chill in denver
>>
>>13817382
You're generalizing Europe too. When I was in Germany everybody just kept to themselves, when I was in Italy a good 25% of men were fat fucks were wearing wifebeaters carrying out conversations by yelling over other people to eachother.
>>
>>13817400
omit a "were"

There's also the entirety of eastern Europe being full of subhumans
>>
>>13817400
that's how they are, it's their concept of respect. they perceive that no one wants to be bothered, so they all keep to theirselves. but it's a characteristic they picked up from the older generations who are more socially rigid
>>
>>13817406
But that's my point; you're generalizing Europe.
>>
>>13817413
in general europeans are a lot easier to befriend
>>
>>13817359
>all of europe is one country and its fair to act like it is

>>13817368
>Speed cameras in Britain for one
and theres no speed cameras in america? full retard kid
>>
>>13817423
>all of europe is one country and its fair to act like it is
Because you weren't generalizing Europe at all.
>and theres no speed cameras in america? full retard kid

The amount in the US compared to European countries is so fucking insignifcant it's not even worth mentioning. You called me "retard", "kid", have no idea how statistics work and think America is a country so I'm just going to write you off as a retard not worth responding to.
>>13817418
Your experience with one city of one country is not Representative of anything
>>
>>13817443
Why did I capitalize representative. Either way >>13817423 has absolutely no idea what's he talking about so he resorts to insults a 12 year old would use.
>>
>>13817449
what insults have i inflicted on your fragile ego?
>>
>>13817469
I literally just retyped them in the post but I should've assumed you were so much of a moron that you couldn't even read a two sentence post before replying with more butthurt nonsense
>>
>>13817475
maybe you should understand that there's more than one person is replying to you
>>
actually i didn't even reply to your comments in the first place, you started replying to mine
>>
>>13817486
>>13817486
>Going back and forth with somebody who keeps acknowledging I responded to him
>hurrdurrmorepeoplereplyingtoyou
>>
File: Vehicle inspection.jpg (49KB, 461x476px) Image search: [Google]
Vehicle inspection.jpg
49KB, 461x476px
>>13817015
the vehicle still has to be in good enough condition to pass MOT test or whatever vehicle check is place in your country. In USA it varies state by state but is in general more lax meaning more rustbuckets on the road.
>>
>>13816948
You were good until;
>everywhere!
>!

But it's Japan desu senpai
>>
>>13817143
Ferrari anon absolutely did provide bread on hood.
>>
File: IMG-20150907-WA0005.jpg (285KB, 1600x899px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20150907-WA0005.jpg
285KB, 1600x899px
> people pay to visit Germany
Lmao my friends. Just say you are fleeing of war amd you get payed for your vacation here

Also OP grass is always greener on the other side
>>
>>13817530
denver would be perfect if the suburbs weren't fucking soulless californian wastelands of generic bland big box stores mixed with bland northeastern bi-level 70's style homes
>>
>>13816966
is that what your anime tought you
>>
>>13817110
I don't think you get it, there arent a lot of fake smiles, people are just generally happy.
>>
File: l5GfFoB.jpg (152KB, 1024x631px) Image search: [Google]
l5GfFoB.jpg
152KB, 1024x631px
>>13816948
I've never heard any European say "let's swap engines!"

I guess that's because Europeans have more respect for cars as they are.
>>
>>13817572
>I've never heard any European say "let's swap engines!"
because you are dumb

europeans swap engines like crazy aswell
>>
File: 1416121834461.jpg (135KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
1416121834461.jpg
135KB, 500x667px
Every car nation has its ups and downs.

Car things are far more affordable in the US and you're less burdened with road legality, also many states have beautiful empty twisty side roads going through absolutely nowhere whereas in Europe you have to go through inspections, fuel is more expensive and there's traffic on every fucking road.

On the flipside you can't live in the US without a car, everyday driving is a boring waste of time and drivers are fucking morons, whereas in Europe people actually have to learn to drive, cars are better taken care of and several countries actually have domestic car industries worth a damn.
>>
>>13817572
>I guess that's because Europeans have more respect for cars as they are.
No, it's mainly because performance modifications and DIY things like engine swaps in particular are a huge pain to get through inspections.

Here's a short list of requirements when your engine power exceeds 40% over the most powerful stock option in Germany:
- Dyno sheet to update the papers
- Full emissions test to update the papers (mustn't be worse than stock on cars registered after 94ish) worth several hundred
- Noise test certificate
- Vmax test certificate
- Upgraded tires, brakes and suspension
- New tachometer if necessary
- Brake test certificate
- Transmission temperature gauge
- Prop shaft brace
- Stiffened chassis (some testers are content with a full roll cage and some sway bars and such for mild performance gains, but crazy levels of power ask for an actual chassis stiffness certificate worth several grand)

And of course all your modification parts have to have a type approval or must come from a roadworthy vehicle, and all welds must be done by a certified individual.
>>
>>13816994
This x100. every time I visit family in Europe and I see a shitbox, it's usually just old and dirty. never any rust or shitty marks anywhere
>>
File: 1422040419137.jpg (135KB, 900x598px) Image search: [Google]
1422040419137.jpg
135KB, 900x598px
>>13817577
It may seem so to an ignorant American.

>>13817653
I bet some Germans are the same kind of cunts as Czechs and remove any mufflers, DPFs, or whatever, right after the inspection.
>>
>>13817572
Because It's illegal in most european countries, except if you go through nightmarish paperwork and inspections.
>>
>>13817743
>It may seem so to an ignorant American.
what are you implying

that i am the ignorant american, or that the guy implying there are no engine swaps is the ignorant america?
>>
>>13817743
Depends. People will always try to get away with small modifications, but the more obvious stuff like mufflers will get you pulled over quickly, and then your road worthiness can be revoked. Even worse when you get in a crash and it's determined your car wasn't road worthy, i.e. in the condition it was inspected in.
>>
>>13817577

You're a retard. Try "swapping" an engine in Germany. I double dare you !
>>
>>13817848
It's possible, just expensive and complicated. Easier to buy a more powerful car in the first place, hence the large number of factory tuners and third party tuners in Germany.
>>
>>13817848
>germany is the only country in the EU

a lot of yuros swap v8 in their BMWs, audi 5 cylinders in audi sedans, and 2JZ and other japanese engines in a lot of shitboxes
>>
>>13816948
Kek OP is most definitely a euro. I went to Europe this summer and everyone drove eco shitbox Renaults. Fuck off.
>>
>>13817869

I know. And that's why we don't "swap engines like crazy" in Europe
>>
File: 1402696231001.jpg (93KB, 581x593px) Image search: [Google]
1402696231001.jpg
93KB, 581x593px
>mfw Americans have to get potential car buys checked out at a repair shop to make sure they're not death traps
>>
>>13817927
You know you can just look under the car and then test-drive it

But then again, you already knew that, and are just shitposting.
>>
>>13816948
>implying I'd want to live in ausfalia, or some europoor country because there's slightly more people who know/willing to learn a little more about cars than the average U.S. consumer

I think that the U.S. has a decent car culture, even though we are nothing like we used to. Also, I'm a big firearms guy. Like, as much as I am a car guy. From the looks of it, the U.S. has a good balance between decent cars and godly gun laws (implying you don't live in Commiefornia, New York, New Jersey, Massachusetts, ect).
>>
>>13816966
This is apparently true, I'd post a video but 4chan thinks its spam, but if you search jdm auction watch on fb and look at their first video it give you a look at the scene, its pretty cool
>>
>>13817111
There were loads of cars that the guy never added, he even put some of the cars from the euro into the American collage to make himeself feel better, and some of those cars don;t even belong to euro posters on here

Its a b8 image if it wasnt clear
>>
>>13817331
>Extremely limited amount of cheap power
Muh drag racing
Coming from America kek
>Cars are between expensive and unaffordable depending on the country [160k for a fucking Mustang in Norway]
And what the minimum wage in norway? Besides its becase some counties have weight tax, the mustang is such a fatty and is so bad for emmisions that you can buy superior cars for cheaper
>lmao 6x gas prices
U wot, its expensive but not 6 times
>lmao insurance that'll cost more than the car itself for the first year
If you are 17 with a shitty car
>lmao shit-tier availability of anything that isn't an entry level Merc/BMW/Audi or 1.2l hatchback
nope wide acces to all sorts of performance cars that are cheap, lel hows that 25 year import ban going
>lmao displacement tax
Depends on the counrty really, also lol health insurance/debt

Also I forgot to add europe is all one counrty with the same laws
>>
File: moon_landing.jpg (491KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
moon_landing.jpg
491KB, 1600x1200px
I was going to read this thread then I became too full of national pride for living and contributing to the greatest country on earth to give a shit about some lowly europoor/ausfailian asshurt.

I can't even hear it over all the freedom and technological superiority I'm living in.

Excuse me as I revel in the magnificence of American achievement and superiority.
>>
>>13822446
You can look through the archive if you want, pictures from cars and coffee don't count.
>>
File: 1444430745253.jpg (3MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
1444430745253.jpg
3MB, 3840x2160px
>>13822544
>pictures from cars and coffee don't count.

so why is the blue seat arosa from cars and coffee in the euro collage?

You guys do have a better array of cars but the euro image is still cherrypicked.
>>
>>13816994
>>13817673
That's because we have annual inspections to keep rustheaps with bald tires and no brakes off the road.

Older cars tend to be kept by people who care for the car. Anyone who doesn't care for their car drives a newer one that doesn't require half the undercarriage replacing every winter.
>>
File: image.jpg (364KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
364KB, 1920x1080px
>>13822537
Pretty much this.

Also a couple more points made:

Owning a car in the US isn't only for the wealthy like in Yurop. It isn't seen as a privilege so much. Also we don't have commies trying to take our cars off the road for a tire that is only inflated to 28psi instead of 35psi.
>>
>>13822769
>we don't have commies trying to take our cars off the road for a tire that is only inflated to 28psi instead of 35psi
instead you get imports taken away because they arent older than 25 years, by force of swat faggots
>>
File: image.jpg (201KB, 1024x681px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
201KB, 1024x681px
>>13822786
I live in Florda... So not really. It is easy to register them here.

Plus we have enough other cheap shitboxes.
>>
>>13817070
now post the one the murricans did
>>
File: image.jpg (192KB, 1280x678px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
192KB, 1280x678px
Pic related says it all
>>
EU weed out the trash that can't drive by having driving licenses that actually demand you to know how to drive.

It also prevents suicide drivers from driving manuals if all they did was drive autotragic during their shit license taking.
>>
>>13817612
>you can't live in the US without a car

That's not true at all

>everyday driving is a boring waste of time and drivers are fucking morons

That's a STRONG opinion and I live on the East Coast.

Although I will not deny you the fact that Europeans generally take care of their cars better because owning a car means more. Many Americans are wasteful.
>>
>>13817070
Shit, someone actually saved that, I´m the volvo guy
>>
>>13822829
>EU weed out the trash that can't drive by having driving licenses that actually demand you to know how to drive.

Yes but the US is a bajillion times larger than any one EU Nation, and it's easier for the economy when all our idiots show up on time at work.
>Which is why we give everyone a license pretty much

Some people in the US actually have to drive their cars the length of your EU country just to get paid. You think public transport still runs after 8PM? Hah, sorry, we got wwwwwwwwaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy more space and that costs more simply because infrastructure.

>something something EU roads and cars
Roads that are how old? While the US highway system was CREATED to transport TANKS and military vehicles from across the western hemi to the other.

EU get your shit together, the only things you have on us are healthcare, lightrail, and international rail.

We even have the better driving roads heh. So funny when some one thinks the US is nothing but flat straight roads
>>
>>13816948
You know who took really great care of their cars? People in former East Germany. As in, drying off their shoes before getting in. Having to wait ten years for your car to be delivered will do that to you. It's a similar situation in Cuba today.

America is very much a throwaway culture in general, why should it be any different for cars? Why take care of it, you'll just get a new one on credit in three years anyway.
>>
>>13822879
It's very hard to live outside of a city in thr us without a car.
>>
>>13822616
Maybe I'll just go through 4plebs and make a correct one.
>>
>>13823997
Go for it m8
>>
I've been to Switzerland a few times now (Lake Constance area) and the amount of interesting/rare cars is unbelievable. In Germany or Austria you don't see many people with American cars just sitting in their driveway. Yesterday I've been there again and I've seen all of those cars in less than an hour:
>Dodge Viper
>Ferrari Testarossa
>McLaren MP4-12C
>Cadillac Eldorado
>several Porsche 911s
>Techart Magnum
>Ferrari F430
>Aston Martin DB9 Convertible
>some 1930s-40s Bentley
>De Tomaso Pantera
>BMW M6 (wrapped in pink)
>Marcos Mantara
>Cobra (probably a replica)
>2 Maserati Quattroporte
>Mercedes AMG GT
>Lincoln Navigator
>Alfa Romeo SZ
>Alfa Romeo Montreal
>Ferrari FF

And a few more, I can't remember all of them and sadly I wasn't able to get any pictures. I will go there again on a sunny day though and bring my camera
>>
>>13817359
The other European countries have speed limits of 75-87 mph compared to the US's 60-70 mph in the places where people actually live. Also we don't have to go to prison for breaking it. Speed limits on rural roads and in town are also much lower in America (Blue ridge parkway limits between 25 and 45 mph LMAO great driver's road you got there), and we don't have shit like four way stops etc. either.

Face it if you want to go fast you go to Europe, American roads are made for soccer moms drinking their McDonald's coffee while talking on the phone.
>>
>>13816948
>enthusiast scene
>they check their tire pressure
>>
>>13817009
BTFO
T
F
O

All of my keks !
>>
I've heard checking your tire pressure at the petrol station in the US costs money, so that's not exactly encouraging.
>>
File: 00R0R_1wXYow5u9lp_600x450.jpg (43KB, 600x337px) Image search: [Google]
00R0R_1wXYow5u9lp_600x450.jpg
43KB, 600x337px
>>13816948

>tfw Half German

>tfw I check my tire pressure and oil every other fill up

It all makes so much sense now

Seriously though, the reason people in Europe tend to take better cars of their cars is because they have to. There are so many more restrictions on owning a car and it's incredibly expensive compared to the US. Even people with tiny shitboxes are paying out the ass in taxes, fees, insurance and fuel. In the States anyone over 16 can pretty much buy and register a POS on it's last legs with their tax return. Many rural states such as Kansas have absolutely no safety or smog requirements whatsoever to get a car registered. As long as the VIN doesn't show up as stolen, you can register and insure anything you want.

Both cultures have their pros and cons but I'd much rather live in a country with lax vehicle laws and restrictions like the US.

I'll deal with the potential hazard of Carly-Sue rear ending me at a light because the brakes on her rusted out 93 Grand Am failed for the 3rd time if it means I can own lifetime of V8s for what it costs to register and insure one 3cyl shitbox in Europe.
>>
File: HgDsdVr.jpg (11KB, 250x244px) Image search: [Google]
HgDsdVr.jpg
11KB, 250x244px
>be american
>get shot
>>
>>13817041
>>13817007
>most people are too poor to afford the 200% tax on cars
>that is a good thing
fucking eurokeks
>>
>>13824601
It's inconsiderate and makes you an asshole if you aren't quick about it and take your time.
>>
>>13825204
It means most people actually care about their cars.
>>
>>13824601
Do you not just carry a gauge with you?
>>13824484
Shit doesn't get real unless you go 25mph or more over the limit. Blue Ridge seems to have a decent amount of corners for its 45mph limit, and of course most rural curvy roads just have the normal 55 limit, which, really, you're not going to exceed terribly if it's bendy. 4 way stops really aren't that bad and they're getting replaced by roundabouts anyway.
>>
>>13825223
That doesn't really constitute a car culture.
>>
>>13825223
I would imagine a 200% tax on food would discourage waste as well...
I believe in you, you can bring your tax rate up from 45-60% to 80%. I'm sure that there won't be any unintended consequences blatantly obvious to anyone older than 11...
>>
>>13825236
Here's a European road with a 60 mph speed limit faggit, just because American cars aren't able to take corners at that speed doesn't mean European cars can't.
>>
>>13825204
>>13825256
Well there's no "200% tax on cars" (whatever that means) to begin with, but at least a small tax on HFCS instead of subsidies would probably do some good for your obesity rate that's true.
>>
>>13825516
Are you under the impression the US doesn't have roads like that with rural-road speed limits?
>>
>>13825551
So those pictures of average cars costing the equivalent of 135 grand aren't true?

And yes, we should end all subsidies. I want to see America reverse it's path and stop trying to be a commie european shithole devoid of rights and freedom.
(It's nothing personal, I just respect somalia more than most european countries.)
(again, it's nothing personal. Just cultural differences.)
>>
>>13825588
Very unlikely as even your multi-lane motorways usually have 65 mph limits where 81 is the standard in Europe.
>>
>>13825551
I'm >>13825597

>a small tax on HFCS
corn syrup is literally sugar, except sweeter and cheaper.
Fructose isn't any better or worse for you than sucrose.

>>13825630
It's a state/locality issue. The speeds vary from 60 to 85.
>>
>>13825630
I think part of the speed limit thing might come from cultural differences, how strict is speed enforcement typically? Does everybody do 130 km/hr? In the US at least, a 70 speed limit road is typically going to be travelled at anywhere from 74-85 mph. And the rural roads just have an unmarked "rural road" limit of 55mph, regardless of what it's like, usually. There can be "recommended speed" signs in snowy areas for winter cornering speeds or big truck speeds, but they're more like suggestions.
>>
>>13825642
Then maybe you should stop subsidising the shit out of HFCS?

and no it's not the same as cane sugar
>>
>>13825597
Average cost of a new car here is maybe around $20,000 so not sure what you mean.

And I'll be enjoying my right to drive at whatever speed I find suitable instead of slugging along at 65 mph thank you very much.
>>
>>13825695
US "average" cars are V8 Mustangs and Camaros.
European "average" cars are 1.2l Golfs.
>>
>>13825710
Eh, to be fair the V6 versions sell a lot more, not to mention our crossover obsession. I'd be curious to see the prices of enthusiast-oriented cars though.
>>
>>13825710
And they both put out the same amount of hp ;^)
>>
>>13825664
>Then maybe you should stop subsidising the shit out of HFCS?
Yes. I completely agree. Also corn is cheaper than sugar beets independent of the subsidies.

>and no it's not the same as cane sugar
Are they different? yes.
Is there a difference biologically? yes.
Is it a big/non-nominal difference? no, not really.
>>
File: fuck taxes.png (171KB, 972x483px) Image search: [Google]
fuck taxes.png
171KB, 972x483px
>>13825736
At worst you're looking at shit like this. Pic related, a Mustang GT with a few options (not maxed).
Prices vary a lot between countries though, there's plenty of countries where this would cost under €50k.
>>
>>13825597
I assume you mean the mustang? Just for info i think its because its heavy, for example a cayman was 80k from the same area, its not a bad alternative

>>13825758
This is the nederlads right?
>>
>>13825770
Yup. Other countries with insane prices include Denmark and Norway (I think).
Germany, Sweden, Ireland and the UK have a lot more reasonable prices.
>>
File: o022 copy.jpg (415KB, 749x1200px) Image search: [Google]
o022 copy.jpg
415KB, 749x1200px
>>13816948
yuropoors are legally bound to keep their cars in top shape

they have these retarded car inspections or something that they have and when they have something fucked up on their ride they get charged out the ass

sounds pretty retarded to me
>you will forever be a civilized murrican
>>
>>13825758
I'm more curious to see stuff that comes out of Germany or wherever.
>>
>>13817653
I don't see anything wrong with this at all. It's just making sure people don't end up upside-down in a ditch having their pride and joy cut away from around them so they can be buried.
>>
>>13825804
Caymans start around 70k for a base model.
>>
I don't know how you europoors can be car enthusiasts when you don't even have a garage to work in or room for tools in your 400 square foot "flat".

You always go on about your perfect driving roads but in reality they're small and crowded with traffic and littered with speed cameras. You can't even use your "mad euro handling" without getting your car crushed.

Yeah, having high school girls driving brand new corvettes and lifted 3500's is a little scary (I live in a oil city, I'm not making this up) but the freedom to do so is beautiful.
>>
So they check their tire pressure every week? Sounds tedious and useless
>>
>>13825802

>Ha ha, those idiots have to keep their cars mechanically safe, drivable and in roadworthy condition, what idiots!
>>
>>13825829
>>13825858
>kek kek kek kek kek
We know that personal responsibility died long ago in your countries, but here is American we still have personal responsibility.
And part of personal responsibility is the freedom to make your own choices.
>>
>>13825857

I wish people did that here. I always see people running 5 psi on multiple tires while speeding down the highway. They assume "muh nitrogen" never escapes and those TPMS warning messages are just there for decoration.
>>
>>13825884
god damit, when the fuck did these word swaps start?
there is f.am, c.uck, what else is there?
>>
>>13825884
Except that Americans in people in general systematically ignore personal responsibility. Other countries have already replaced it with laws, in the US it's only a matter of time until the idiots are put in their place by legislation.
>>
>>13825890
t.b.h. and s.m.h. too
>>
>>13825884
>and the freedom to shoot up a school
>>
>>13825890
desu kawaii senpai desu kek konichiwa baka senpai desu roody-poo candy-ass
>>
>>13825884

I'm sorry, all I read was

>i'm too poor and/ or lazy to keep my vehicle maintained to basic requirements of safety and ergonomics
>>
>>13816948
>Complaining about having too much Freedom

Dude, nothing is stopping you from checking tire pressure and keeping your shitbox together.
>>
>>13825784
True, they do ave a like $20 minimum wage though
>>
File: 1441002317424.jpg (356KB, 945x927px) Image search: [Google]
1441002317424.jpg
356KB, 945x927px
>>13825904
>>
>>13817041
Yurop has useable public transit, which most of the US doesn't. This combined with higher taxes (lol 'free' healthcare and college) and draconian inspection requirements mean that people who in the US would be driving rustbuckets and shitheaps, can't afford a car in yurop and have to take public transit everywhere. Youd be surprised what removing the bottom quartile of any population does to the average
>>
File: amerifat-meanwhile.jpg (13KB, 194x259px) Image search: [Google]
amerifat-meanwhile.jpg
13KB, 194x259px
>>13825920
>public transit
>>
>>13825916
The minimum wage for me (19 years old, Dutch) for 36h/week would be €5,07.
>>
>>13817100
>>13817105
>>13817080
IIRC it started as a European shit posting thread which then turned in to americans and euros posting their cars for dickwaving purposes, and that was the european turn out.
>>
>>13825884
Half of your states have inspections as well dumbass. It's not always about YOU, it's about preventing you from endangering other people, same reason speed limits and mandatory car insurance exists. Yes if everybody was a responsible sensible human being you wouldn't need any of those laws, but people aren't, not here and certainly not in America.
>>
>>13825904
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herostratus
Yes, you have the freedom to break the law.
A law is only effective to those who are willing to obey them.
>>
>>13825960
>mandatory car insurance exists
dependent upon the state, you are actually permitted to use a ~$40,000 bond in place of insurance.
>Half of your states have inspections as well
But those states are the bad states. They also tend to have poor property rights, high taxes, lots of welfare, etc.
As a result anyone who wants to own property or keep their own money leaves them.

>tl;dr states with shit laws have shit economies and they get worse because the people and businesses that create wealth leave them.
>>
>>13826026
Uh huh.

Yes who can forget about the bustling economies of Kansas and Oklahoma.
>>
>>13826060
>cherrypicking
>>
>>13826060
>look meaningless data
perhaps next time give a key and date?
>>
File: buttaid.jpg (1MB, 2562x1069px) Image search: [Google]
buttaid.jpg
1MB, 2562x1069px
>>13826068
>>13826074
>>
>>13825939
I was actually talking about Norway and denmark. How much would a passat be over there out of curiosity?
>>
File: graph.png (9KB, 1127x552px) Image search: [Google]
graph.png
9KB, 1127x552px
>>13826085
Look at this graph. It provides a lot of information.
>>
>>13826095
In the Netherlands a new Passat starts at just under €31k, I'd imagine it to be similar in Denmark/Norway.
>>
>>13826105
>file is named VehicleInspectionLawsUS.png
>I wonder if the flyover hillbilly states that are coloured in grey enforce any mandatory vehicle inspections, given the context of the current discussion
>nope, can't figure this one out
>>
>>13825858
He's just explaining the reason for what OP saw. I can see why one would somewhat find it idiotic in the case of salt states, a teenager should be able to get away with a rotted out muffler or whatever.
>>
>>13826119
Huh, its the same here, and the mustang is only about €50k weird 2bh
>>
>>13826292
That's what an arbitrary CO2/displacement tax and an arbitrary tax reduction for "eco-friendly" cars does.
>>
File: 1444603585797.jpg (459KB, 2300x1582px) Image search: [Google]
1444603585797.jpg
459KB, 2300x1582px
There has never been a single European poster in the history of /o/ with an interesting car, experience in the industry, or really any way to make a relevant contribution to an auto enthusiast board (except the vintage race pic dump guy). If one were to find the board one day in the future I doubt he would be posting in threads like these.
>>
>>13826372
Do you intentionally try to be retarded? I'm sure there's a few.
>>
>>13826374
he means european by citizenship, not ancestry...
>>
>>13826379
In Europe, we never mean ancestry.

Cheap sports cars are a bit different. There's a lot of miatas and MGB's about. but instead of muscle we have the hot hatch. Our classic sports cars replace classic hot rods and muscle cars.

Better access to open wheel cars too.
>>
>>13826374
Ignore him, he's just spending his time shitposting for a while before his mom tells him to take her Miata up to Giant Eagle and pick up some groceries for her.
>>
>>13826484
Heartbreaker is just a weird californian I think.
>>
>>13817149
Why? Its people posting on /o/ making the claim that yuros have better cars, the yuros who post on /o/ clearly don't.
>>
>>13824335
Swiss people are mountain jews. These fucks are rich nigga.
>>
Mustang is a good index car, however in many countries they are basically nonexistent due to co2 based taxation. Perhaps an easier one could be Fiesta ST as it is pretty much the same everywhere. In Finland, one with absolutely no options selected is 28k€.
>>
>>13817009
10/10
>>
>>13825829
>i dont see any problem with the government telling people what to do with their property
found the demonrat
>>
File: 1303847428954.jpg (8KB, 280x290px) Image search: [Google]
1303847428954.jpg
8KB, 280x290px
>>13816948
Is that you Justin?
>>
File: howtobeafaggot.png (351KB, 1548x644px) Image search: [Google]
howtobeafaggot.png
351KB, 1548x644px
>>13826489
Heartbreaker is just a scrawny bay area bicycling faggot who pretends to own a viper sometimes but really he drives a shitty single cab 1g tacoma.
>>
>>13826372
>anime is more popular to Americans than Europeans

And what contributions do you make other than shitposting America vs Europe and misinformation?
>>
>>13816948
i can already tell a europoor made this thread
>>
>>13816948
a car is more a luxury in Europe and especially so in central and eastern Europe
Americans tend to take cars for granted and are cavalier about most things

I just like cars for the comfy interior and handy load carrying ability
>>
>>13817080
>>
>>13817008
>implying that when people say Europe they aren't talking about Germany or Britain.
>>
>>13830641
like how new York and los Angeles are well known
and to a lesser extent texas and alabama

oklahoma is my fav tho
>>
File: 1323959494191.jpg (531KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
1323959494191.jpg
531KB, 2048x1536px
>>13822537
farewell northern hemisphere dude
Thread posts: 193
Thread images: 33

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.