[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mechanic's Thread: Rollcart Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 7

File: JustReSealingtheTimingCover.jpg (581KB, 1250x704px) Image search: [Google]
JustReSealingtheTimingCover.jpg
581KB, 1250x704px
Last thread went better than expected, let's do it again.

>Show off your box; make fun of others
>Retarded Customers / Writers / Shitboxes and Problem Cars
>Shop Politiks - "Do this for me real quick; I'll take care of you later"
>Talk Tools - What's good, what sucks and where to buy it from?
>>
The fuel line of Milwaukee shit came out as I was quitting, are they any good? My older 1/4" impact's still works great today and I beat the shit out of them. Been wanting to pick up the 1/2" eventually.
>>
File: loltorquestiks.jpg (333KB, 1250x704px) Image search: [Google]
loltorquestiks.jpg
333KB, 1250x704px
>>13650812

I like the fuel line.

The 18v 1/2" fuel spanks just about every other cordless on the market right now, the only one that matches it is the newest offering from Dewalt.

I want to see a "fuel" update to their cordless ratchets; I fucking love the current 3/8 model, I'd buy a new model with more torque/speed without a second thought.
>>
>got an impromptu interview at a mavis yesterday
>hr called me twice today (to finalize I guess?) even though I told them i would be at school and that I can't even get into my voicemail
>when I start I'll have no days to myself with 3 days of school and 4 of work
As much as Mavis will probably suck, the location I was sent to is right by the twisties so I can dagumi after work. Gonna keep an eye out in local classifieds for an actual shop while I work at the Mavis but in the same general area because muh touge. Also I hope I never have to do any HVAC or steering related work an a tc ever again.
>>
>>13650945
Muh Niqqa!
I have a Husky 1/2" with up to 500ft-lbs, the fuel I picked up while our Air Compressor was down runs circles around my air impact and the Snap On impacts that my coworkers use.

My box sucks, no writing surface, falling apart after 5 months, half the drawers don't close and can't handle any more weight. After I finish paying off my Milwaukee Impact I'm upgrading to a new box and getting a side cabinet, and a shelf, I need a writin' surface badly.
>>
File: Fuel.jpg (52KB, 720x405px) Image search: [Google]
Fuel.jpg
52KB, 720x405px
>>13651308
Forgot my Pic
>>
>>13651308
Just don't fall into the tool trap and still be paying for your box and accessories when you decide to quit in a year.
>>
>>13651350
>College kid as well as mechanic
My professors at my college(I go to school for auto-engineering) tell me the same thing, and that they are still payin' off their stuff.
>Captcha FIND THE DONUT
>>
>>13651308

>Kobalt toolbox
>buying / financing anything from off the rape train

You fucked up, check out a full drawer Sunex roll cart, infinitely better than Kobalt. Don't buy anything off the truck if you can help it - you get fucked on price almost twice over.
>>
File: 1381987579194.jpg (327KB, 480x864px) Image search: [Google]
1381987579194.jpg
327KB, 480x864px
>>13651308
>>13650945
>Milwaukee love in

I just bought the M12 Fuel 3/8 impact and hammer drill after using a coworkers set at work. Makes overhauling 3500 cylinder heads a breeze due to the small size and decent torque output.
>>
what's more frustrating to work on in your opinion:

German cars or transverse mounted motors in minivans? i can't decide atm...
>>
File: 5269784.jpg (24KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
5269784.jpg
24KB, 300x300px
>>13651047 here again
>emailed the mavis guy I talked to the first time
>gives me an extension and a name
>dial extension
>its a completely different person
>leave message anyways hoping they'd call me back
Why are these people so fucking stupid?
>>
File: table.jpg (1MB, 1750x1142px) Image search: [Google]
table.jpg
1MB, 1750x1142px
Picked up a neat little Sunex table.

Good table, but it ships in a cardboard box with no protection, and it's a bit beat up.
>>
Anyone else rocking a 44" Harbor Fright box?
I've had mine for almost a year and it's starting to get full, along with my ~30" top box.
44" top box first or go for the 72" HF box?
Also, it's yearly inspection time for the cab fleet the garage services. I'm ordering rotors by the truckload.
>>
>>13657172
This box >http://m.truckinginfo.com/article/175727/snap-ons-biggest-tool-storage-box-is-now-even-bigger
>>
>>13657015
How tall is that writing surface on that Milwaukee box? I've been wanting to get a new box. Been looking at a macimizer because of the nice height (I'm 6'4) hate bending down writing shit on my tech series.
>>
>>13657258

I'm about 6ft 3" with my boots on, the hutch's shelf is pretty good height for writing for me.

It's not great for writing on unless you've got a clip board though, the black is a foam cover.

It has a drawer with a hard metal work surface (top box, left side, bottom drawer) - but that's not really at the ideal height IMO.
>>
>>13651321
How based is that kobalt 3/8'' breaker bar? Love that bitch for tight bolts in tight places.

>engine mount bracket bolts to block on VWs mostly
>>
File: EZRMR3818FL.jpg (2KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
EZRMR3818FL.jpg
2KB, 300x300px
>>13659794

E-Z Red double extra long locking flex head, it's $35 and it's awesome.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.