[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Stupid, stupid question. I picked up a ford fiesta SE, not an

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

Stupid, stupid question.

I picked up a ford fiesta SE, not an ST.

The stock 1.6L engine puts out 120 hp...

I was wondering... and again stupid fucking question.

to my understanding, the ST has the same stock engine, just turbocharged?

To the point: I was wondering if I could get more from the regular fiesta engine in a not-so-expensive way.

maybe spend $1000 bucks for a 20 horsepower increase?

thanks.
>>
ECU, exhaust should be enough for 20hp. This isnt a board for personal adivce tho
>>
>>13645461
>maybe spend $1000 bucks for a 20 horsepower increase?
You could also spend $500 and an afternoon to LS swap it for 345hp
>>
engines now days are designed to run lean and anything you do would probably end up causing you to lose power if its not tuned afterwards. even highflow air filters and small shit like that.
>>
File: 20150329_161627.jpg (3MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
20150329_161627.jpg
3MB, 4160x2340px
Bumping for interest.

I have a 2015 Fiesta SE too. Looks exactly like the one in the OP.

I'd suggest a short shifter kit. Our stock shifters feel a little long and rubbery, don't you think?

As for power, I don't think there's much you can do with this car besides a high-flow drop-in air filter and a tune. Maybe a cat-back exhaust too but mostly just for sound (I personally like the stock exhaust sound at high rpm).

I'd suggest keeping this car stock and saving your money for a sportier car.
>>
I wouldn't bother throwing much money at the Fiesta, it just doesn't make sense. By the time you've actually made it quick, you could've had an ST.

I realized the same thing when I got into modding my Mazda2, which is a distant cousin of the Fiesta, went to look at an ST, and they made me an offer way over KBB for my trade-in, below KBB for the ST, and really good finance terms, so that's what I'm driving now.
>>
>>13645895
>Not spending 1 buck and 500 afternoons
>>
2013 SE owner here. You can't make these cars fast, but you can make them fun. Tires, intake, a better shifter, and a rear sway bar will run about $700-800 and should perk up your driving experience enough.
>>
>>13645461
>to my understanding, the ST has the same stock engine, just turbocharged?
they are related but substantially different, ecoboost has direct injection.
>>
>>13645461
Header and tune makes a huge difference on the 2.0L and 2.3L Duratec, that's where I would start if I were you. Hope you don't have emissions tests where you live though.
>>
>>13645461
The engines are massively different, don't go thinking you can throw 20psi in your shit and it won't explode so hard a russian looking out of the window of the ISS sees a piston float past.

Now, having said that for $1k you can quite easily get a set of headers/extractors, intake (proper one, not pod duct taped to crinkle tube) and a flash tune. Should net you an easy 30hp while increasing fuel economy.
I personally would advise against it, though. You bought a gutless econobox, accept your gutless econobox life now.
>>
>>13646650
So do like that guy did and trade your way up to a house?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.