[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A Dairy Queen owner unleashed a racist tirade against a customer.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 175
Thread images: 1

File: imrs[4].jpg&w=1484.jpg (219KB, 1484x993px) Image search: [Google]
imrs[4].jpg&w=1484.jpg
219KB, 1484x993px
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2017/01/09/a-dairy-queen-owner-unleashed-a-racist-tirade-against-a-customer-he-no-longer-has-a-business/

>The Dairy Queen owner shouting the n-word at Deianeira Ford told her he could say whatever he wanted at his fast-food restaurant — that any accusations and complaints she uttered would fall on deaf ears.

>Ford was vindicated two days later, when her Facebook post about the incident provoked outrage so strong that the Dairy Queen in Zion, Ill., didn’t open for business.

>But her victory was tempered by something even more troubling that she heard at a protest: Although she was the most vocal victim of the owner’s racism, she was not the first.

>On Wednesday, Ford had taken her two children to visit their grandmother — and, because they were well-behaved, she stopped by the Dairy Queen on the way home. She ordered a $5 box, but part of the order was wrong, and another part was missing.

>So she asked the owner to fix the order, and when he balked, she asked for a refund. That’s when things spiraled.

>The owner, James “Jim” Crichton, returned her $5, but gave her a mouthful, according to Ford and the police in Zion, 50 miles north of Chicago.
>>
>“He called me and my children n—–; he said I can go back to where I came from,” Ford told The Washington Post.

>“He took out his flip phone and he said he would take a picture and put it on Facebook because he wants to show the world what kind of n—— he has to deal with. Then he shut the window and walked away.”

>But the worst came a few moments later, from the back seat, where her two children were sitting, Ford said.

>“My daughter is 3. She’s a little sponge; she repeats everything,” said Ford, 21, who is biracial. “She asked me: ‘Mommy, we n——?’ ”
>>
>Crying and shaking, Ford dialed 911.

>An officer found her sitting in the parking lot in tears. She told him what happened, and he went to talk to Crichton, the DQ owner.

>The officer later detailed what Crichton told him in a police report.

>He said Crichton was angry.

>He was shaking and pacing the floor.

>But he did not deny what Ford had said:

>“Crichton boastfully told me he would be happy to go to jail over the issue and proudly admitted to calling Ford a n——. He added that he is ‘fed up with black people,’ ” and described an incident in which two “of them” were in his restaurant squirting ketchup all over the floor, according to the officer’s report.

>“During the course of my conversation with Crichton, he used the word ‘n—–‘ freely to describe black people,” the officer continued.
>>
>Still, there was little police could do.

>In a statement, Zion Police Chief Steve Dumyahn told The Post that “while this alleged activity is deplorable, it is not criminal.”

>So Ford took to Facebook.

>She wrote a post describing what had happened. She described how she had asked for the owner’s name after recovering from her shock so she could report him to Dairy Queen’s corporate office. He replied “Bill Clinton then said better yet I’m Donald Trump,” Ford posted.

>She included the phone number and address of the Dairy Queen. She also called Dairy Queen’s corporate headquarters.

>A few hours after she wrote the post, it had been shared by several thousand people. Some called the restaurant. One man went by Crichton’s store, sparking another call to police. At some point, the post was seen by the people at Dairy Queen’s corporate office.

>On Thursday, the company released a statement saying Crichton’s actions “are inexcusable, reprehensible and unacceptable. We do not in any way condone his behavior or language.”

>Dairy Queen also released a statement from Crichton, which said he and his employees would undergo sensitivity training.

>“I would like to sincerely and humbly apologize for my recent words and actions,” his statement said. “I have let my family, friends, employees, our system and this community down with what I have done.”
>>
>But it was too late. On Friday, Dairy Queen announced that it was closing the location in Zion, Ill., and that it was terminating Crichton’s franchise rights.

>Crichton could not be reached for comment on Sunday.

>A Saturday protest organized by local activists and Black Lives Matter demonstrators turned into a celebration of sorts.

>Ford’s attorney, Renea Amen, told The Post that revoking the franchise license was a good first step.

>“I didn’t want my clients to walk away with just a letter of apology,” she said.

>Dairy Queen and Crichton “received money from this community. I think those days are gone where businesses and business owners can mistreat people and just say ‘I’m sorry.’ ”
>>
>Legal action is still possible against Dairy Queen, Amen said, especially because other patrons — and even employees of the restaurant — have described racist comments and discriminatory mistreatment. She’s meeting with some of them Monday, so see if there is a pattern that Dairy Queen was made aware of.

>Ford said she was happy about the outpouring of support from community members who showed up in the blistering cold at what used to be her favorite restaurant.

>But Ford said she’s still struggling to explain racism to a 3-year-old who doesn’t fully understand what happened.

>“She kind of still brings it up — that’s just how she is. She said, ‘Why did that mean man say that to me?’ ”

>“I [told her] some people are just mean. Some people don’t have good hearts.”
>>
>>98222
>My daughter is 3
>said Ford, 21
>Crying and shaking

Lmao. This is just too good. Thanks OP.
>>
>>98221
>Franchisee go ape on an ape
>Realizes he fucked up
>Damage control
>DQ shuts down his store

lol
>>
>>98227
Dont post the whole article here holy shit
>>
>>98227
>>Legal action is still possible against Dairy Queen, Amen said, especially because other patrons — and even employees of the restaurant — have described racist comments and discriminatory mistreatment. She’s meeting with some of them Monday, so see if there is a pattern that Dairy Queen was made aware of.

FREE MONEY, SHIEEEET
>>
>>98229
Still kind of an asshole.
>>
>>98234
lol how new are you?
>>
And this is why we're becoming a nation of sopping pussies. You just know if this racist asshole had insulted any other group nobody would have given a fuck.
>>
>>98224
>and shaking
every time
>>
>>98221
>Franchisee calls out customer, uses racist terms
>Takes pictures to post online
>Witnesses everywhere
>Police are called
>Now there is a police log of this
>BLM protests outside his store
>DQ comes in and shuts it down like Malaysia
>Fucking up this bad

What a waste of white skin.
>>
lol white trash lost his bidness...back on the welfare dole for his fat ass like all 4chan honkys kek
>>
I'd love to know what she ordered. She could have been at the wrong place wrong time. But it would not surprise me if she ordered all kinds of retarded shit. 4 cheeseburgers, 8 small fry 2 with no salt and 3 with extra salt and 1 with half salt half pepper, 4 chocolate milk shakes and I got 9 coupons by 1 get 1 free. Oh and 1 water with no ice I'm on a diet. You take food stamps and checks right?
>>
Har. Fucking. Har
>>
>>98259
It says what she ordered in the article
>>
>>98259
learn to read retard.. no doubt you is white trash lolz
>>
>>98256
The last honkey who had a racist rant sold his NBA team for 4× record price.
>>
>>98277
>learn to read retard
>you is white trash
>learn to read
>you is

Kay.
>>
>>98239
>company face verbally insults customers
>people still defend him

Customer is always right. Save the smack for the backroom. Of course I wouldn't expect 4chan neets to understand the intricacies of a service-oriented job.
>>
>>98237
Asking for a refund or your correct order is niggerly behavior?

>>98239
Yeah I call people kikes, spics, dune coons, and gooks all day long and nobody bats an eye. Drop the N word and suddenly it's a big deal.

Is this really what you think

>>98280
Donald Sterling is 100% Ashkenazi Jewish.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donald_Sterling
>>
>>98283
Customer is always right is part of the same old disgusting corporate mindset infecting everything in America. The customer isn't always right and bending over backwards to accommodate every single thing is part of the reason everyone is turning into little narcissists assuming they're always justified in their actions.

There's nothing intricate about the service industry or the way this man's behavior could have been improved. Don't shout racist shit at someone. There. No intricacy needed.

This woman is also ramping it up to high hell, playing an obvious weepy victim because we as a society have incentivized people to act like such for the most righteous power. That bit about her three year old immediately repeating the slur is so obviously victim bait it's almost laughable and now they're trying to milk DQ as if they somehow condoned this man's actions because sue-happy culture demands money money money.

Everyone involved in this clusterfuck is a retard.
>>
>>98285
Yes. Do you honestly think if this man had insulted a Latino, Asian or White guy there would have been a victimization protest force sitting outside the restaurant?
>>
>>98280
that was a jew, retardo...they always make a profit unlike white trash lelz
>>
>>98289
You can always pick out the retards based on who tacks variations of "lol," onto the end of their posts.
>>
>>98287
It's hard to believe that he hadn't ever insulted any other minorities before this incident.
>>
>>98221
>“My daughter is 3. She’s a little sponge; she repeats everything,” said Ford, 21, who is biracial. “She asked me: ‘Mommy, we n——?’ ”

Apparently she soaked up bad grammar too.
>>
>>98290
only a true retard would propound such an opinion lulz
>>
>>98287
Arabs or Latinos would do the same thing. Not Asian, unless it happened to be near a University.

I cannot wait until you naive taco lovers realize how badly you've fucked this country.
>>
>>98296
Well, when posters like yourself and those above do that it's hard to argue with the logic in >>98290.
>>
>>98299
You're making a lot of assumptions about my politics there. I'm not in any way a fan of mass immigration and I know those who are are just doing it to boost their sides perspective voting tallies.

My opinion was based off the trend of Latinos not raising all hell about it whenever someone drops a mean word at them. I could be wrong, but slurs directed at Blacks seem to be treated on a whole other level than anyone else.

>>98295
To be fair, she's 3. If she still talks that way in ten years then it's a problem.
>>
>>98300
complete retard detected
>>
>>98287
>>98299
I'm not really seeing the issue.
The owner acted like an asshole to a customer, folks protested, DQ pulled their franchise because they don't want to be associated with him.
If he acted like as much of an asshole to a Asian or White guy, maybe folks would or wouldn't protest. But if they did, I'd certainly understand the grievance.
>>
>>98286
Who gives a flying fuck what the customer is doing now, it wouldn't be happening if the owner wasn't a serial jackass. In case you're too dumb to notice, customer is always right says nothing about not venting frustrations, you're just not supposed to vent at the customers. If you aren't maintaining professionalism in any job, then you deserve to be fired.

Like he said, save it for the backroom.
>>
>>98308
Except customer is always right excuses things like this very story but in reverse, where some asshole goes apeshit and loses it on a poor cashier who won't take their expired coupon. I'm not making excuses for the guy here, I'm saying justifying the outcome under "customer is always right," is fucking stupid.

And yes, the stupid as fuck "muh children's fragile minds!" nonsense is clear as day victimization fetishism for power and money. The fact they're looking into suing DQ even after they canned this man's franchise makes that obvious.

>>98307
The problem is the grievance industry is using this as a soapbox and opportunity to proselytize.

It should have been:
>man makes racist insults
>woman complains about it
>man is rightly fired

Now it's going to be yet another string of the self-righteous telling us all how to police the words of everyone around us, ensuring HR departments have even more power than they already do, and more misplaced anger at companies that accidentally hire shitty people.

>>98306
>no lolz at the end
Retard or not, my mission's accomplished.
>>
>>98302
>slurs directed at Blacks seem to be treated on a whole other level than anyone else
That's because everyone considers, "nigger" to be an especially cruel form of discrimination. Only, "kike" carries similar weight.

You clearly don't live in any kind of border state if you think shouting "SPIC" in a laundry mat will be uneventful. Try that in LA, you will die.
>>
>>98317
>You clearly don't live in any kind of border state if you think shouting "SPIC" in a laundry mat will be uneventful
Texas here. Those are fightin' words alright.
>>
>>98238
He's right though.

>>98227
>>98226
>>98225
>>98224
>>98222
>>98221

1 URL/Article= 1 Post.

You don't need to spread the article out into several posts, it's not that important. Even if it were, anything other than 1 URL/Article= 1 Post is spam if you're not going to write anything of your own.
>>
>>98317
>>98318
>tfw it's only OK to be racist to whites and asians.
>>
>>98322
Well whites and asians dont get so offended by that stuff, so it kinda is okay.

But the actual discrimination toward these groups (affirmative action) does justify protests.
>>
>>98321
OP here. I've noticed something in submitting news to /news/ over the course of the last six months. It's that people on 4chan have poor reading comprehension.

You might think I'm retarded for quoting the whole thing, but If I don't copypaste the whole thing then the true retards among us won't read it and ask questions about things which are clearly stated in the article. That said, you're probably not wrong. Let me put it this way: I've submitted half the threads on this board, and I'm not going to go against already established procedure now. Hiro really needs to up the character limit in the OP. 2000 isn't enough. I suppose that's a topic to gripe about on /qa/ though.
>>
>>98330
both of you need to end your pain and kys
>>
>>98335
lol you know that white monkey is gonna go on a shooting spree now
>>
>>98331

Asians and to a lesser extent Latin Americans tend not to view their homeland as the US. They tend to view themselves as diaspora communities living in the US.

In contrast, whites and blacks in the US don't tend to see themselves as part of "African diaspora community" or "European diaspora community". They have a longer history in the US and it tends to be the only home they've any familiarity with.

The difference is important because American whites and blacks don't see themselves as having a "plan B" if things go south for them in the US. This is especially frightening for American blacks, because as an economic minority, they feel like they're at the mercy of other communities in the only home they know.
>>
She's just mad her parents couldn't spell "Diarrhea" correctly on the birth certificate.
>>
>>98335
Uh, not just his, all those DQ employees are out of jobs now.

>Man calls you bad names
>Everyone in the restaurant loses their jobs

Sure seems fair.
>>
>>98322
It's rough but look at the bright side, we'll probably get preference in 70% of available job applications. I remember my boss regularly throwing out applications from blacks because most of them deserve to be thrown out.
>>
Free Market in action, commies

:^)
>>
>>98299
Spic here, you dont think trump has latinos on his SS detail? Life isn't fair. Quit whining about it.
>>
>>98359
What does that have to do with anything? I don't give a fuck if you're the exception to the rule.

(you're not anyways, talking about "fairness" you are clearly a leftist at heart)
>>
Fairness is inherently good; it is not wrong to want fairness in all things.
I wouldn't say it's the most important ideal, and it needn't necessarily be the most important consideration with reference to any given policy.
But if we can do something, anything, in a more fair manner, without compromising significantly our other ideals (like meritocracy / collective interest, cost effectiveness) then that would just about always be preferable.
>>
>Niggers and liberals ruining DQ's for everyone.
Great.
>>
>>98385
>Kneejerking /pol/tards blaming the victim
As expected.
>>
>>98338
Hopefully he takes some shitskins with him and improves the world.
>>
>>98348
For real. If someone talked some shit at me, we'd fight about it or is walk away and forget about it within minutes.

Sticks and stones. These stupid negros take everything so personally and think they have some kind of unalienable right to be treated like the queen of fucking England. But really, they're dirty, poor niggers with no status and no importance to anything anywhere.
>>
>>98234
>>98321
Fuck off, greentexting allows people to post stories behind firewalls, to prevent a story from being editted or deleted.
>>98333
Good stuff OP, the character limit should be bumped up for this board only I think though.
>>
>>98333
Ignore the retard telling you not to post it
>>
>>98409
I work with a guy who walks around expecting people to respect him all the time, and when they don't he grumbles and whines like a bitch

Respect is EARNED
Courtesy I can give away for free

know the difference
>>
Tear down the DQ build a Smashburger

Wut you mean 15 dolla for a burger!
Dat's RACIST!
>>
>>98287
White would have been odd but the others yes.

Really this guy's behavior racist or not would have gotten him fired once people got riled up about it. Especially in the age of cameras. But you're too much of a cuck/carpet to stand up to assholes to see that.
>>
>>98409
well talk shit about whomever you want to their face, but do you have to do it to a woman in front of her little kids?
>>
>>98426
Her gender is meaningless, her children likewise. I do not care about her, I do not care about her children. I do not care if they grow up, I do not care if they die tomorrow.

I personally wouldn't have done what the DQ guy did, but it wasn't a crime. The resulting consequences were the fault of one loud sheboon who thought her special, unique snowflake feelings matter to anyone.

Niggers should know that they are niggers. The little one didn't even know it was a fucking nigger. What a sad state education is in today.
>>
>>98238
>I'm new but will ask others "how new are you?" to make it look like I'm not new
most people have enough common sense to not post the whole article, you post key parts as a fucking summary dumbass
>>
>>98333
>You might think I'm retarded for quoting the whole thing
No, I just think you like spamming certain stories from certain news sites.

>but If I don't copy paste the whole thing then the true retards among us won't read it and ask questions about things which are clearly stated in the article.
If you've read these articles, you shouldn't have any issue summarizing them and highlighting key points.

>I've submitted half the threads on this board, and I'm not going to go against already established procedure now
Are you a janitor/mod? Or a shill?
Are you connected to Hiro?
Because if not, what the fuck dude. There's no "procedure" here, it's just you spamming WaPo.

Also the next time someone makes a comment about this board seeming to have a dedicated presence with intent to make it swing a certain way politically, and they get told to go back to /pol/, I'm posting this.

>Hiro really needs to up the character limit in the OP. 2000 isn't enough.
Not really, you don't need to be posting the entirety of articles and trying to take up shitloads of space on the dash and bumping your own threads. Copying and pasting all of these lines and making them individual lines of greentext is dumb, anyway you put it.

It might help this board not be shit if it isn't obvious there's one dude spamming content and trying to steer it in a certain direction politically. But if you're serious about generating half the content on this board, after this amount of time it's probably safe to say the board is superfluous as fuck.
>>
>>98446
Your tears are like sweet wine. I'll look forward to seeing your passive aggressive 'delete /news/' campaign on /qa/.
>>
>>98449
>implying I go to /qa/
I'm just gonna keep coming back here to call you a superfluous spamming fuck.

Go cry about the Drudge Report in your other thread.

Also, do you reply to yourself sometimes? I bet you do.
>>
>>98446
>take up shitloads of space on the dash and bumping your own threads.
Sorry I just have to bump in here to showcase how laughably new you are that you don't know OPs can't bump their own threads and that taking up 'shitloads of space on your dash' says more about your shitty screen resolution than it does about the practice.

>>98450
Okay.
>do you reply to yourself sometimes?
No, that shows up with 4chanX. It's cliche to say so but you really need to start lurking and not post again until you understand how 4chan works.
>>
>>98451
>Sorry I just have to bump in here to showcase how laughably new you are that you don't know OPs can't bump their own threads
I never said they couldn't. I said you had a habit of unnecessarily spamming articles over several threads, and mocked you for the fact that you were incessently bumping. Nobody cited any board rules.
You did however admit to making half of the threads on this board, which given the time this board has been here doesn't speak much for either him, nor you.

>says more about your shitty screen resolution than it does about the practice.
3840 x 2160 bro, come at me.

>No, that shows up with 4chanX
Yeah, and people still do it because they bet on people not checking.

>It's cliche to say so but you really need to start lurking and not post again until you understand how 4chan works.
Half of this fucking website has telling people to either lurk more or go back to plebbit since it was fucking created, you superfluous spamming fuck.
>>
>>98454
>either him
it*
>>
>>98224
>Crying and shaking, Ford dialed 911.

lel

>operator, I need police assistance, I was called a nigger!
>>
>>98340
>blacks... don't tend to see themselves as part of "African diaspora community"

Bullshit.
>>
>>98560
You don't know anything about black people.

Why should we feel some connection with Africa? Those people sold us as slaves.

Honestly, we have more in common with a European than an African. This is the sentiment with all blacks except the pan-African faux Muslim tryhards.
>>
>>98610
Always seemed to be more they identified as part of the city than the country. Less so with the ones in the military or who traveled bit that always seemed a smaller percentage
>>
>>98613
>Always seemed to be more they identified as part of the city than the country
I can see why you think that but I've never heard a black person say this.

You could say the same thing about Texans, or people from Boston. They still consider themselves American...
>>
>>98221
>>98221
this is the most American post on here.

they always seem to do that, think rules don't apply to them and they can do what they want.
>>
>>98610
Sure thing, lets ignore Marcus Garvey's prominence among blacks while enjoying out Kwanzaa dinner. Lets ignore the various African "nationalism" and militant movements which displayed African colors and used African symbols.
>muslim

More were maoists and marxist than anything
>>
>>98221
Sure, this was the right action.
But this article is terrible for trying to brand her as a victim and that this justifies the social movement.

It's not journalism, it's scapegoating.
>>
>>98221
This is the kind of shit that makes businesses reject niggers as employees or clients.

You don't need that noise from obnxious poor pavement apes.
>>
>>98660
Those movements have never held more than an extreme minority of blacks.

Look up statistics on African American religion. African American Muslims are practically non-existent, an intelligent person would ignore such a trend.

Same goes for whatever "african movement" Jews attempt to start every so often. You may as well be complaining about the surge of veganism.
>>
>>98449
>somebody makes a very valid and well-reasoned critique of your post
>"LOLOL SALTY TEARS YOU GUYS!"
kys
>>
>>98234
fuck off.
>>
>>98221
> So she asked the owner to fix the order, and when he balked, she asked for a refund.

This sounds like the now all-too-common scam Blacks pull; order some food, claim it ain’t right or spoiled, demand a refund and if the owner balks at their bullshit, cry racism and try to sue them.

Except this broad hit the jack-pot, as the owner not only went off on an actual racist rant, he then stupidity ADMITTED IT to the cops...

(also, please don’t post in all-greentext, it’s a pain in the ass to read).
>>
>>98234
>Dont post the whole article here holy shit

No, that's incorrect.

Unless the article is exceptionally long, one should always post the _entire article_ (including attributions, date and link) so that nobody has to go to some possibly shitty click-bait website to read it all and everybody in the thread is on the same page and can easily quote relevant portions, preventing confusion.

Carry on.
>>
>>98224
>>Crying and shaking, Ford dialed 911.

I'm sorry, but in what fever dream is this a fucking emergency?
In the heat of the moment, I'll let it go, you don't know if this guy's a psycho about to escalate shit. But you're in your fucking car, lady. Shit's over.
>>
>>98438
Obviously you're too much of a lazy nigger to read a full article, or any of the posts in this thread. The OP has posted half the threads on this board, and they always provide the full article so morons like you don't have an excuse when you cock the discussion up with dumb questions or ignorant conjecture.

/news/ isn't about cherrypicking passages to make every news article fit the narrative of tryhard edgelords. Go back to >>>/pol/ faggot
>>
>>98843
Too bad he didn't escalate even more.
>>
>>98843
B-b-b-but he said a bad word >:(
>>
>>98425
>you're too much of a blah blah blah
No, there's a difference between being a doormat and society's version of a tattler who runs off to the media the second someone says something mean to you.

You don't have to take slurs with a "Yussir Massah!" but for fuck's sake, this running off to whine about how it's corrupted your 3 year old's mind (who the fuck remembers anything from 3?) and the like, sobbing up a lynch mob is just as weak. These people aren't standing up for themselves, they're wielding an oversensitive society like a weapon.

It trains everyone to be the biggest, weepiest victims they can, not to deal with their problems, or handle anything with empathy. It's the societal equivalent of football diving when some asshole shoved or bumped you.
>>
>>98446
It's important to note that progressive types are trained to approach things with their feelings so much they tend to project them onto others. When you treat your feelings like logic, you start to view other people's logic as feelings too.

Take for instance this anon's assumptions of your inevitable "passive aggressive 'delete /news/' campaign on /qa/." That's not something most people on 4chan would even think of doing. Hell, the board isn't even listed which eliminates that option for most users by default. He's just assuming you'd do exactly what he does. Projecting. Progressives do it a lot, without even thinking about it. It's obvious one person is responsible for most of the threads on this board just by posting style alone, but hearing it from the horse's mouth makes it even better. So with the assumption what he does is what others do, he's fine insinuating you'll go cry on /qa/ about it.

Progressives project. Never forget it. They have the arrogance to assume everyone thinks the same way they do so use their thinking to judge everyone else and act accordingly. It's why this interaction happened the way it did. It's why women in powerful executive positions are often caught firing men for simply being men, because they assume men think the way they do and only hire men and at that point recourse is fair game to them. It's why they complain about Islamophobia being racism when other non-white immigrant groups don't cause the same problems, because they equate Islam with brown skin themselves and assume everyone else is doing the same.
>>
>>99287
Hi faggot, "that poster" here.

The problem with your screed is that I'm not a progressive. What now?
>>
>>99289
Then you're still projecting. The point of my post wasn't "Progressives are terrible," it was "Progressives project." I didn't assume you were projecting because you're progressive, I was assuming you're progressive because you were projecting.

Quite honestly, posting Washington Post articles on race issues is bound to make people think you either are one or sympathize with them given how hard that publications bias leans to the left.
>>
>>99292
I'd say your screed took you a good 15 minutes to write and that by labeling me as a typical progressive (when I actually voted for Gary Johnson), you get to vent out all those things about progressives that piss you off so much. Sounds like projecting on your part more than mine.
>>
>>99294
You posted an article from a hard left publication centered around racial strife and then later engaged in blatant projection. Assuming you were a progressive was by all means an assumption, but it wasn't unfounded or torn from thin air. It fits an established pattern.

Again, if those things don't apply to you then they don't apply in which case projection is still just projection. I was giving examples to reinforce the existence of a trend, not because I needed a golden opportunity to vent. The internet provides plenty of those outside of this thread.

And again, to be honest, someone posting articles from an organization with a statist hard left bias, especially on instances of racial strife and then taking issue with accurate observed trends in regards to progressives doesn't necessarily strike the image of someone being a card-carrying libertarian.
>>
>>98221
Dealing with blacks on a daily basis in the fast food industry might possibly be a form of torture.

We'll need a court ruling on this.
>>
>>99300
>Washington Post
>hard left
Just because they post dirt about your god emperor doesn't mean they weren't Bush administration lackeys for the last decade. Or are you basing your assessment of them as hard left on something else besides FoxNews analysis? I'd love to see your methodology.
>>
>>98221
Funny thing is, the intense outpouring of hatred and vitriol for this poor business owner is only going to produce more racism.

>he called me a nigger
>let's destroy his entire life and livelihood along with all of his employees! Fuck whitey!

This absurd assault on this poor fuck is only going to engender more hate and deservedly so. He committed no crime. The ONLY damages were one sheboon's worthless feelings.
>>
>>99312
All they have succeeded in doing was closing yet another business in their dying communities.

Sure, they are only losing a shitty restaurant, but beggars can't be choosers. They need all the businesses they can get. And I guarantee you that the other businesses owners know and understand this manager's rage. And I'm willing to bet an exodus is in this community's near future. Pretty soon all they will have are liquor stores and gas stations that will take food stamps for lays potato chips.
>>
>>98894
>be white supremacist
>be fucking retarded
There is no point in posting the entire article in 4 or 5 fucking comments. If people want to read the entire article they will simply CLICK THE FUCKING LINK dumbass. If OP isn't going to summarize the article then they aren't actually contributing anything of value to the thread
>one single anon does something this way therefore that is literally the only possible way for it to be done
how fucking stupid can you be?

And yes you are new if you think that's the way it's always been, I've been here since literally Day 1 when it was an unlisted board and you know what? From the beginning any anon with common sense summarized the article in one post, and linked the full article because anybody who is not a literal retard can think "gee if I want to read the article I guess I can just click on this link here and READ THE FUCKING ARTICLE"
>>
>>99685
>>>/pol/
>>
>>98335
>destroyed a man's entire livelihood for no reason at all.

In the current year whites get an internet lynching if they step out of line.

Sounds like justice.
>>
>>99312
> he committed no crime
He wasn't arrested

It's not hard to *not* shout at someone and call them nigger.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VX18fVsyNc
GOGO TRUMP
>>
>>99881
Want a harsh lesson in a free society with a free market and free speech?

You're free to fuck up. This man fucked up, hard. He deals in customer service... CUSTOMER. SERVICE.

Service to the customer. Not to /pol/. Not to Trump. Not to whatever bullshit ideologies he has in his stupid fucking racist backwards ass head. The customer.

He not only CUSSED OUT a customer, he called her the most offensive word you could possibly call her IN PUBLIC. IN FRONT OF HER KIDS.

MULTIPLE TIMES.

If I go out and start screaming "DONALD TRUMP IS A FAT FUCKING CLOWN" in my office guess who's going to get fired?

That's fucking right. Me.

The world isn't playing a game with you, you don't get a free pass, and a free society means there's consequences for your actions.

AKA FUCK UP /pol/lack and go back to your board.
>>
>>99899
Nice dubs.
>>
>>99903
This post couldn't get any more reddit even if the dumbfuck filled in the namefield.
>>
>>99905
Nice try, /r/the_donald
>>
>>99905

But he is right. He may not agree with your political views, or even mine, but the fact is that in a free society you are not free from consequences for your actions. He went on a public tirade against customers, while working in a business made to provide customers with a service, and while running a business for a franchise where they got to make rules for him.

If he ran his own business he couldn't be fired because he runs the show, not someone else. People would be free to boycott it just as people would be free to work there. The guy fucked up fair and square. Free speech does not apply to a private business. The DQ ceo or whatever manager made the decision was free to fire him for having rants against customers. That's just the way of the world. If I walked into work and called my boss a fucking retard and insulted them and I got fired, I can't then sue and claim free speech. A private business can do as it pleases. This is even shown by the recent chic-fil-a thing where they said they did not approve of gay marriage. What happened? People were free to boycott it and people were free to support it. Obviously DQ felt it wanted to play it safe and say they don't want this guy pissing off people and hurting their profits while he worked for them.

It's simple. Be a man and accept that in a free society you are not excused from the consequences of your words and actions. That is what coddled sjws believe. Grow up and man up. And let's assume you feel strongly enough to take a stand for whatever reason. Then you deal with the consequences. People have been jailed, killed, etc., in history defending their values. If you do not feel your views are worth that? Then shut up, as you are a coward. A man takes responsibility for what he says and does, a coward seeks to hide in a bubble and avoid the consequences.

T. actual right winger.
>>
>>98331
>Whites and Asians don't chimp out like blacks so it's okay to be racist to them
kys
>>
>>98434
You are not getting your buisness back no matter how much you try to damage control. Enjoy claiming food stamps.
>>
>>99685
>summarized the article in one post

You are full of shit saying you have "been here since day 1" because if you had, you would know that 4chan also attracts retards like you. Who then read the summary, went off on a wild adventure and then someone else would have to point out that THEY DIDN'T READ THE ARTICLE AND ARE TALKING SHIT.

That is why the whole thing gets posted now so when people go to coo-coo land they at least had the facts infront of them.
>>
>>100389
The whole thing gets posted because one anon spams his political agenda on the board. It's not to make sure everyone reads the articles he's posting, it's to make sure everyone reads what he wants them to read. He even admitted as much.
>>
>>100392
t. right wing extremist who gets butthurt when he sees a story he doesn't like
>>>/pol/
>>
>>100392
>It's not to make sure everyone reads the articles he's posting, it's to make sure everyone reads what he wants them to read. >He even admitted as much.
OP here. What the hell are you talking about this time, jimbob? That isn't why I post the whole article and I don't know how you got "He admitted as much" out of >>98333. It's quite a reach on your part. Jesus, why are people here so paranoid?

As I told you the first time, I post the whole article because if I don't, then posts like >>97147 happen where they obviously didn't read the snippet of article linked to in the OP post, like >>97146. It's about reading comprehension and nothing more. It's not because of some liberal conspiracy and it's not because you think I work for some liberal paper somewhere. I don't even fully understand how you think posting the whole article instead of just a snippet makes me a have political agenda somehow but whatever, it's your mental defect, not mine.
>>
>>100389
Look at the catalog newfag.
This is the only post that has the entire article spammed in SIX FUCKING COMMENTS for the OP
Nobody else is doing that. That is not the way this board has always functioned. That's not even the way this board functions NOW.
You post a summary of the article possibly with some of your own commentary sharing your thoughts and opinions. If you're so new that you think this board has always been for people spamming an entire article across six comments, then YOU ARE TOO NEW TO BE CALLING OTHER PEOPLE NEW
Now fuck off and kys
>I call other people "new" even though I've only discovered this board a week ago and have no idea how it works
>I call other people retards even though I'm a retard
>>
>>100424
>Nobody else is doing that.
Maybe you should lurk moar because at least half of all the news posts on this board do that.
>>
>>100426
Don't worry. It doesn't matter what that sperging /pol/tard newfag says, I'm going to keep doing it anyway. He's the only one who seems to have a problem with posting the whole article in the first place. Everyone else seems to appreciate it.
>>
>>100431
>>100426
Hey look it's yet another thing that you retards are wrong about!
Look at the fucking catalog (like I told you to do) before making such a wrong post. Top 10 in the catalog right now, most of them are summaries or articles so short that they don't spill past the first OP even if you do post the entire article. Many of them also had comments from the OP, because those posters actually read the fucking article and had opinions on it instead of just spamming an article they didn't read in order to feel important about themselves
Of the once that posted the entire article, a couple have one additional comment and one post had two additional comments. Nothing comes close to this post with FIVE additional comments on top of the OP.
You will also note that these posts did NOT generate productive discussion. It's almost like this board works one way and not the other... hmmmmm
>call other people new despite being really fucking new and clueless about how this board works
>tell other people what's in the catalog without bothering to check the catalog first
>call others retards despite being retarded

>He's the only one who seems to have a problem with posting the whole article in the first place.
right, I guess that's why MULTIPLE anons ITT have called you out for doing something completely out of the ordinary with this post?
Jesus can you newfags PLEASE just fuckoff instead of spewing your ignorance like this? I honestly don't understand how somebody can be dumb enough to make so many wrong statements in such a short comment
>>
>>100434
>>100431
>>100426
and before you make yet another comment saying even more bullshit that's not true, this time how about you cite these other threads? Go cite the other posts where the OP spammed the entire fucking article across SIX GOD DAMNED COMMENTS like he did in this post. If it's so common for the OP to use six comments to make his post then surely you can find many other examples of it
>>
>>100434
>>100439
Cry moar faggot, you're literally the only autist complaining about what everyone else thinks is a good thing.
>>
>>100439
Six posts doesn't happen very often because most articles aren't that long. Sometimes it just takes one post because the article is short. Like >>98524
or >>98506

As for the threads where the OP took many pages to copypaste the article, see these:
>>98540
>>100408
>>97528
>>96825
>>100407
>>98244
>>99235
>>97178
>>97632
>>99283
>>99063
>>97547
>>97586
>>99220
>>98272
>>99059
>>98511
>>98577
>>98516
That's about half. Should I go on?
>>
>>100454
a) I'm literally NOT the only one complaining about it, other anons have said the same thing ITT
b) this isn't even about whether or not this is a good CHANGE it's about whether or not this is in fact a fucking change from the way this board operates. Which it is, this board has not always had all of our posts posting the full 6 fucking comment article out, you don't get to call people "new" for criticizing this and by doing so you just out yourself as being new

>>100459
>many pages
most of those are two pages. Not six. Yes, you're right, six doesn't happen very often which is why this post is unusual and why this post got the criticism. Because it's unusual to make six posts for their OP.
The fact that people post the "entire" article when the entire article is 6 sentences long is irrelevant to posting the entire article when it's six fucking pages long.

And again, this conversation isn't even about whether this is good or not, it's about whether or not this board has always done it this way. Which is not true, and you're a newfag for thinking that it has always been this way and a retard for calling other people "new" for pointing out that this is not the way this board has always functioned
>>
>>100485
I'm sorry you can't be bothered to scroll through what you consider to be extraneous information. It must be horrible for you in a world with so much boring text around. Or are you trying to say it's wasting bandwidth to post a whole 20k of text?
>>
>>100487
>I'm wrong and I know that I'm wrong so I'll just change the topic and insult you
good job anon
>>
>>100488
I honestly don't understand your motivation. Surely you realize you haven't convinced anyone to stop posting full articles, right?
>>
>>100454
>you're literally the only autist complaining about what everyone else thinks is a good thing.
He's right, and you're the autist.

1 post= 1 article.

Miss me?
>>100490
>Surely you realize you haven't convinced anyone to stop posting full articles, right?
You're the only person who spams the entirety of articles on here like a good little MSM shill.I'm honestly surprised you haven't started liking behind paywalls with follow up posts offering a link to a coupon code for 20% discount to a subscription.

Maybe the reason you end up making over half the posts on this board all by your lonesome is because no one wants to deal with your awful formatting, article spam, and boring center-left platitudes.
>>
Hi, i`m russian
>>
>>100492
Well keep trying kid. Maybe someone will listen to you one day. Good luck with the paranoid delusions.
>>
>>100494
>Maybe someone will listen to you one day.
Like you are right now? That day is here! Joy!

>Good luck with the paranoid delusions.
Good luck with arguing with two different people and thinking they're the same person.

Don't forget: 1 article= 1 post :^)
>>
>>100497
No.
>>
>>100499
>No.
Yes.
>>
>>99903
>and a free society means there's consequences for your actions.
Not if you are a nigger or muslim
>>
>>100490
I honestly don't understand your motivation. Surely you realize you haven't convinced anyone that this board has always, from day 1, posted the full article even if it takes six fucking comments to do it?
This isn't even about whether that's a good idea, it's about the fact that you're new to this board and want to change it, but instead of just saying that you claim you've always been here and are pretending the board has always done things this way when that is obviously false.
Stop calling people "new" just because they criticize you for doing something unusual on a board you're unfamiliar with
>>
>>100501
This must be why niggers never get sent to jail.
>>
>>100527
It's also why there's an outrage everytime one of them gets shot. God forbid Tyrone faces some kind of consequence for trying to steal a cops gun and then running away.
>>
>>100528
>gets told
>"YEAH, WELL, THIS OTHER ISSUE UHHHHH"

Easiest way to avoid this is to not say stupid shit like niggers never face consequences . They do, for breaking all kinds of laws. Just makes you look like a backwater hick.
>>
>>100507
Fuck off newfag.
>>
>>100402
You're not even close. You don't find yourself posting half the threads on a board without wanting to shape the way it works and influence people.

>>100415
I didn't even say you were liberal or that you were a part of a conspiracy or that you work for any papers. Those are some very suspiciously specific denials to an accusation that was never flung. I merely said you spam your agenda, and admitting to posting half this board's threads is exactly that.
>>
>>98434
You're part of the problem if you think a parent and her children deserve to be disowned simply because they're of a certain race. Her reaction is completely uncalled for though.
>>
>yet another news thread devolves into some buttravaged anon upset about op self bumping
Jesus just leave it alone
>>
>>100662
It's the same buttravaged anon who thinks it's a liberal conspiracy to post the whole article. He's been disrupting threads for a week now with his whining.
>>
>>100686
You know it's more than one person right?
>>
>>100690
I seriously doubt it.
>>
>>100711
>>100686
I'm another person, hi how's it going.
I'm not even as "buttravaged" about posting the whole article, I prefer summaries but if new users think it's better to post the whole article fine, whatever. But if you're new to a board and are going to do something different from how the board has usually operated (such as posting an entire article over 6 comments when typically users summarize it), then be prepared to get criticized for breaking from the norm. And then respond to that criticism appropriately, instead of calling older members of the board "new" and pretending that's how the board has always operated when you're obviously full of shit.
like this >>100554
If you think this board has always had people posting lengthy articles in entirety, and that posting summaries is only a recent development, then you are obviously very new to this board and should kindly fuck off
>>
>>100749
Funny.
Starts with a real news story.
Ends with LENGTHY and IMPORTANT discussion about the board itself . ..

Funny. I will come back . ..
>>
>>100749
>are going to do something different from how the board has usually operated (such as posting an entire article over 6 comments when typically users summarize it)
It isn't different though. I've really been here since day 1 and I've been posting the whole article the entire time. I'm not even the only one who does that. That's how I know the other poster (and you, who are probably a samefag on his phone) haven't been here since day 1 like they claim. So how the fuck would you know? From my perspective, you're the johnny-come-lately demanding that people change the already established posting pattern to suit their newfangled foreign posting style. Ultimately it comes down to the arguments of >>100487 . I don't care if you only post just URLS in your own posts, although that makes you look like a shady spammer imo. The point is that I'm not going to change what I've been doing since the beginning just to avoid triggering one or two newcomer autists' feelings when the whole point of this board is to read news.
> then you are obviously very new to this board and should kindly fuck off
Eat shit, newfag, then kill yourself.
>>
>>100755
I have been here since literally day 1. The vast majority of articles are either summaries, or short enough to fit the entire article in one post. You can check the catalog and see it is STILL like this, despite you and the other newfag recently changing and starting spam lengthy articles like this over multiple comments.

Why do you lie like this? Do you expect anybody to believe you?

>I've really been here since day 1 and I've been posting the whole article the entire time. I'm not even the only one who does that.
even if this were true (which it's obviously not as you are really really obviously new here). You and 1-2 other posters do not make up anywhere close to a majority on this board, are you dumb enough to think you did? You obviously haven't been here from day 1 since you have no idea how this board operates, and you're here now apparently under the impression that because you and 1-2 other users do something that is the standard norm when you can check the catalog and see that's not true
>From my perspective, you're the johnny-come-lately demanding that people change the already established posting pattern to suit their newfangled foreign posting style.
>I'm new and have been exposed as new but will keep calling other people new because I'm out of options
k, you keep doing that newfag. Just don't expect any of use to believe you

>>100751
It started with a new OP doing something completely out of the ordinary on this board, being criticized for doing so, and instead of arguing why this board should change they lied and tried to claim the board has always done everything this way. I guess they were hoping not to be called out on their bullshit by older members of this board
>>
>>100755
Just to show you how fucking retardedly new you are, I checked the oldest 10 posts in the catalog (sorted by "date created)
Of those, 9/10 are summaries or articles short enough to fit in one post. The only exception is the UBI article, which stretched to 2 posts. Or one-third as much as this one did.
All 10 posts COMBINED made up 11 comments, whereas this one single post is 6.
But yeah, keep trying to convince us you remember what this board was like in the beginning when you're too fucking new to even remember what it was like a month ago
>>
>>100759
>>100755
Again, if you want to make the case for why this board should CHANGE and START posting the entire article verbatim across multiple comments, go ahead.
But don't fucking come into a board and act like it's always been that way, and try calling other people "new" for calling you out when you haven't even been here for a fucking month let alone over a year like we have
>>
>>100759
You don't get it. The whole article gets posted whether it's 2 pages or 6. You did all that archive searching for nothing. What the hell are you even whining about anymore? Is it the greentext that's so triggering to you or the scrolling down part?
>>
>>100761
I will act that way because it has. You aren't even telling the truth about the archive. My first post on the first day was the first duplicate story post on the board (about ISIS in Iraq as I recall), and I distinctly remember posting the full article.
>>
>>100762
I'm """whining""" about the fact that you're lying

>>100763
>I did X and therefore every anon has always done X
How long was the post anon? If it was only 1-2 comments long then most people wouldn't have even noticed, there are some summaries that have stretched to two pages.
And it's irrelevant, because MOST users have clearly not been posting 6 page articles in entirety, they fucking summarize that shit which YOU WOULD KNOW if you had actually been here as long as you claim.

The only other possible explanation is that you only come to this board to spam your news and never bothered to click on any articles submitted by other uses, so you aren't aware that 90% of the users here have not been doing what you do. If that's the case then I guess technically you aren't "new" but you aren't really part of this board either if you don't participate in other people's posts
>>
>>100766
But I'm not lying so quit your bitching.
>How long was the post anon? If it was only 1-2 comments long then most people wouldn't have even noticed, there are some summaries that have stretched to two pages.
Why does it matter to you?
>And it's irrelevant, because MOST users have clearly not been posting 6 page articles in entirety,
Most articles aren't 6 pages. Most of the posts on this board and in the archive right now posted the full article whether it was 2 sentences or 10 pages.
>They fucking summarize that shit which YOU WOULD KNOW if you had actually been here as long as you claim.
No they don't. As others have also explained, people here don't have any reading comprehension, don't click the links for clickbait reasons, and want everything explained and spoonfed to them.
>The only other possible explanation is that you only come to this board to spam your news
And what, pray tell, is "my" news?
>and never bothered to click on any articles submitted by other uses, so you aren't aware that 90% of the users here have not been doing what you do.
I've participated in literally every single thread. Let that sink in.
>If that's the case then I guess technically you aren't "new" but you aren't really part of this board either if you don't participate in other people's posts
Says the newfag who wants people to change the way they've always posted because greentext triggers him. What the hell are you even still doing here? Perhaps you should go circlejerk about your news summaries of articles on /pol/ with the others who like to not read things before they react to them.
>>
>>100758
Okay. Fair enough. But I always find it amusing when people take the activity on the boards themselves more seriously than the actual content.
I was reading the Chicago Tribune website yesterday about this story and there was a protest and the former owner showed up with his lawyer but DQ’s gonna close it anyway . .. Um, I’m in Canada and DQ is, frankly, some of the shittiest sugar based fast food there is (except for the ice cream cakes which are very popular for kids’ birthdays). The guy just put his racism above running a family friendly business and suffered the consequences.

End of story.
>>
>>100761
>>100759
I'll probably get told to go back to /pol/ for saying this, but am convinced this dude spamming articles across several posts has some sort of agenda. This thread is a prime example.

Is some DQ manager being a racist asshat newsworthy?
Arguable, but if you want to start a thread to discuss it, fine.

Is some DQ manager being a racist asshat worth spreading the article over 6 posts, while making visible effort to preserve the original formatting of the article as it is spread across several posts? Not at all.

Could he just be an idiot and I could just be paranoid? Sure.

But, it's almost always "big name" MSM news outlets, especially WaPo and NYT, and the articles all have a particular political slant. I'm not saying this board necessarily needs to swing one way or another, but he doesn't act like someone trying to start conversation about newsworthy topics, he seems like some dude making a dedicated effort to turn the board into free publishing space for certain MSM outlets.
>>
>>100770
>I've participated in literally every single thread. Let that sink in.
>he actually expects me to believe even bigger lies
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
no, kys

Your entire comment is bullshit. All of your other comments are bullshit. YOU CAN CHECK THE CATALOG RIGHT FUCKING NOW and see that you are lying. YOU CAN CHECK THE ARCHIVE RIGHT FUCKING NOW and see that you are lying. Why do you try to convince us of things that are so easy to disprove? I'm genuinely curious what you hope to gain. You can't be retarded enough to believe what you're saying, you have to know that you're objectively wrong. And you have to know that I'm not going to believe you no matter how many times you repeat your lies.
So why continue? Are you just a really dedicated troll at this point?

>because greentext triggers him
again it's completely irrelevant whether or not this board SHOULD post long articles in their entirety across multiple comments. This discussion is about whether or not this board ALWAYS HAS posted long articles in their entirety across multiple comments. What this board SHOULD be doing has no bearing. And your claims about what this board HAS BEEN doing are objectively false

>>100772
never know where a 4chan thread will end up, that's for sure. But once OP outs themselves as a massive lying faggot, the thread will tend to focus on that regardless of what the content is.
As for DQ, I don't even eat fast food so I can't comment on the quality. But yeah, no matter what business you're in you can't go on a racist rant and expect to stay afloat
>>
>>100770
>As others have also explained, people here don't have any reading comprehension, don't click the links for clickbait reasons, and want everything explained and spoonfed to them.
>Others
You mean you, several times in several threads?

>And what, pray tell, is "my" news?
Anything center left MSM, especially WaPo and NYT.

>I've participated in literally every single thread. Let that sink in.
It's almost like you maintain a dedicated presence on this board to shill for WaPo, NYT, and the like.
If they want to use 4chan as a publishing space, they need to start- at the very least- kicking some checks up to hiro.

>Says the newfag who wants people to change the way they've always posted because greentext triggers him.
>people
Person. One. Singular. You are the only person on this board who posts the way you do. Multiple people are now calling you out on this.
>>
>>100777
tl;dr wow you're mad. it's going to be hard for you when six page news articles with six posts for the OP still happen everyday.

>>100777
If you are triggered by the NYT and WaPo then you really should go back to /pol/ like you thought. When the sticky says 'credible' sources they mean MSM.
>>
>>100780
See >>100487
>>
>>100781
>>100784
Also he gets furious when you point it out.
>>
>>100781
>still happen everyday.
they happen more frequently now than they did before, because OP is new and has started doing them. But they still don't happen everyday, and obviously they were almost nonexistent a month or two ago (when OP and the other sperging anon weren't here to post them)

>go back to /pol/
I can't speak for the anon you replied to but I'm one of the other anons, and I'm a lefty. On the other hand you can see whichever anon was >>98894, talking about "lazy niggers" so I'm guessing they're pretty /pol/-friendly (and obviously very new to this board, as they have no clue how this board has traditionally operated)
>>
>>100789
I can't speak for other Anons but NYT and Washington Post articles have always been posted here by me and I voted for Trump. That said, I don't go to /pol/ anymore so I don't know how they feel about them. Obviously it isn't good based on the comments ITT.
>>
>>100791
>NYT and Washington Post articles have always been posted here by me and I voted for Trump
But do you spread each article out across several posts, making special effort to preserve the original formatting?
>>
>>100792
Yes, of course. So should you. It's called copypasting. You do it so you don't have to click on a link somewhere. You should look into it.
>>
>>100793
Ah. So it is you.

>It's called copypasting
Correct. Now, watch this.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/17/world/europe/brexit-theresa-may-uk-eu.html
>In a speech that could define Britain’s relations with its neighbors for decades to come, Prime Minister Theresa May on Tuesday charted a course toward a clean break with the European Union, calling for the country to abandon the single market after more than four decades of integration with the Continent.

See that? 1 article, 1 post. A summary taken from the article itself. Enough to starta conversation, both according to the article and about the topic of Brexit itself.
You can't bitch about" having to spoonfeed people" only to preemptively and unnecessarily spoonfeed by going way out of your way to spread an article out across several posts.
>>
>>100793
>You do it so you don't have to click on a link somewhere.
You should always be posting a link regardless to cite your sources.

You're complaining about the equivalent of having to go out and hunt your own meat and distribute it among your family because going to the supermarket is too annoying.
>>
>>100795
I really do like posting all of the article. I'm struggling to understand how that makes me a spammer when if anything I'm denying those news outlets adview money.

Ask yourself: Why do you care? If it triggers you THAT much why don't you just hide the thread?

>>100798
I'm not the one complaining at all. You know, if you or whoever else gives a shit would shut the fuck up then we could go back to discussing news.
>>
>>100799
>I'm struggling to understand how that makes me a spammer when if anything I'm denying those news outlets adview money.
Because you make an unnecessary amount of posts for the purpose of getting attention.

>Why do you care? If it triggers you THAT much why don't you just hide the thread?
Because half the board would be hidden.

>I'm not the one complaining at all.
Yes you are.

>You know, if you or whoever else gives a shit would shut the fuck up then we could go back to discussing news.
Or we could keep talking discussing /news/, which is itself a valid topic of conversation on /news/.
>>
>>100800
>Because you make an unnecessary amount of posts for the purpose of getting attention
No, the reasons have been explained multiple times. >reading comprehension, clickbait, and spoonfeeding.
It's not hard.

I'm not the one who derailed the thread with whining about greentext. I guess we'll see how much you get triggered by the next 6 page thread. See you then.
>>
>>100791
personally I don't have an issue with the source. I don't even have that much of an issue with the full article being posted. I prefer summaries but if you post the full thing, whatever it's not that big of a deal.
My issue was the anon early in the thread who, instead of telling us why we should post the full article even if it takes 6 comments, falsely claimed this is what's always been done by everybody on this board and called the anon criticizing it "new"
Like if you want to post full articles whatever go ahead, but don't fucking claim everybody has always done that and definitely don't attack people for being "new" when they don't like the fact that you aren't summarizing the article into 1-2 posts the way most OPs have always done.
>>
>>100711
I already know there's more than two of them. Playing the "everyone arguing with me is the same person," game is pathetic.
>>
I have genuinely enjoyed the arguing in this thread. Have a good night, all.
>>
>>100801
>No, the reasons have been explained multiple times.
And they're dumb reasons. One was even a goddamn lie. You're a liar.

>It's not hard.
Neither is summarizing an article into one post.

>I guess we'll see how much you get triggered by the next 6 page thread.
I can't wait to see what WaPo or NYT article you'll grace us with next.

>See you then.
See you :^)

>>100989
Can easily be verified with 4chan X.
He'll take the time to spam WaPo and NYT articles, but can't be bothered to follow through with his own paranoia. Sad!
Thread posts: 175
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.