[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Law allowing French employees to legally ignore work emails outside

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: imrs[3].jpg&w=1484.jpg (188KB, 1484x972px) Image search: [Google]
imrs[3].jpg&w=1484.jpg
188KB, 1484x972px
http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2016/12/31/507704720/french-law-giving-workers-the-right-to-disconnect-goes-into-effect

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2017/01/01/french-employees-can-legally-ignore-work-emails-outside-of-office-hours/

>If you've been glued to your smart phone checking work email throughout the holiday season, you might want to consider relocating. French workers will have the "right to disconnect" outside of work hours, thanks to a new law going into effect Jan. 1.

>Companies with more than 50 employees will be obligated to set up hours — normally during the evening and weekend — when staff are not to send or respond to emails.

>Introduced with a set of labor laws back in May, this was reportedly the only one that did not generate widespread protests — though it did receive a lot of attention from the press.

>The French government said at the time that an intervention was necessary, for the health and well-being of their workers.

>"All the studies show there is far more work-related stress today than there used to be, and that the stress is constant," member of parliament Benoit Hamon told the BBC. "Employees physically leave the office, but they do not leave their work. They remain attached by a kind of electronic leash - like a dog. The texts, the messages, the emails - they colonize the life of the individual to the point where he or she eventually breaks down."

>There is some research that backs up the French government's claims. A study out of the University of British Columbia found that participants who were assigned to check their email only three times a day were found to be less stressed than those who could check their emails continuously. Another study out of Colorado State University found that even the anticipatory stress of expecting after-hours emails might have a negative effect on our well-being.
>>
Definitly no compagnies will respect this law ... even if they set up thoses hours, the private compagnies will still (not officially) ask their employees to answer these emails ...
They will be fired anyway.
>>
>>96210
You know there are courts for companies or people not respecting the law, right? It's called "justice", you should look it up.
>>
Of course I know that : in France it's called Prud'homme. However, they won't fire you under the "didn't reply to emails" justification : they will fire you because you don't fully do your work.
It's the same with additionnals hours : you shouldn't do more than 35 hours a week legally. However, there are lot of workers in France that do more witheout being paid more. And if they don't do these hours, and don't complete their work, they will still be fired even if they shouldn't be.
>>
>>96213
>
lol you know a company with a good IT team can manufacture "proof" to get you fired at any time right? Email admins can go through any and all your company emails and they will find something to get you.
>>
>be a patient confined to a french hospital
>your presiding doctor ends work for the day
>get a sudden attack from your illness
>hospital desperately contacts your doctor to go back and save you
>doctor invokes this law, 'le fuck yieou"
>firstworldproblems.jpg
>>
>>96229
kek
>>
>>96218
The Prud'homme are supposed to ban that, but it's pretty much a he says the moral person says case.
Doesn't the loi travail that was "voted" last summer, along with the OP's one, gives companies rights to bypass some laws regarding employment? It was the point of the protests.
I don't get it, was it supposed to be the sweetener to avoid protests?
>>
>>96210
I'm with you. Absolutely now way this law is going to be respected, especially for IT staff. They will just fire you on some other charge.
>>
>>96213
>justice
But what is justice?
>>
>>96322
deep as shit
>>
>>96229
doctors work in shifts. no doctor would be called back into work like that just for one patient
>>
>>96322
Baby don't hurt me, don't hurt me, no more.
>>
les francias savent chiller
>>
>>96229
this is for emails, not calls.
being on-call is completely different.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.