[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Russian Embassy in UK responds to sanctions with 'lame duck

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 1

File: 58659025c461885b598b45cd.jpg (150KB, 900x500px) Image search: [Google]
58659025c461885b598b45cd.jpg
150KB, 900x500px
The Russian response to Barack Obama’s announcement that he was expelling 35 diplomats over the alleged cyber attack on the US election, was fast, and in some cases, rather amusing.

As officials in Moscow said that US diplomats would be ordered to leave in a tit-for-tat response, the Russian Embassy used Twitter to make its point with little panache.

“President Obama expels 35 iplomats in Cold War deja vu. Everybody, including the American people, will be glad to see the last of this hapless administration,” it said.

Mr Obama on Thursday sanctioned Russian intelligence services and their top officials, kicked out 35 Russian officials and closed down two Russian-owned compounds in the U.S. It was the strongest action the Obama administration has taken to date to retaliate for a cyberattack.

http://www.businessinsider.com/russian-embassy-obama-lame-duck-tweet-2016-12
https://twitter.com/RussianEmbassy/status/814564127230271489/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw
>>
>>95781
Obama and the Democrats are acting like children because their blame Russia campaign isn't working on anyone but diehard Clinton supporters. Even people on the Left can see what bullshit it is.
>>
>>95816
You say it's bullshit, but you don't provide any evidence to support your claim. Could it be, perhaps, that you are completely full of shit?
>>
>>95822
John Podesta pls go
>>
>>95816
That's not how this shit works. Say what you want about Obama but he's literally never even almost kind of shown himself to make decisions based on temperament. He doesn't flip his shit at people and make rash calls. That's the new POTUS you're thinking of. Show me one prior instance of Obama throwing a tantrum.

This is the entirety of the US intelligence community that made their decision.
>>
>>95822

>Obama and the CIA accuse the Russians of hacking
>provide no proof
>Radical Hillary supporters suddenly believe the establishment without question
>asks a critic for proof

Lol
>>
>>95828
I'm sorry are you talking about the POTUS that has a history of weighing in on matters a president has no business doing like the Trayvon Martin case? The one who posited a hypothetical son of his would look like the deceased? I wouldn't call that a tantrum, but this president has made plenty of decisions based on his emotions and temperament that would certainly qualify for many people's criteria when it comes to rash calls.

I sympathize with the intelligence community though. They're seemingly doing Russia's work for it in undermining the American public's trust in its own governments intelligence apparatus.
>>
>>95833
Private cyber security companies have also come to the same conclusion. Should be easy for you to find if you really want it
>>95828
This. He has been called weak numerous times for not reacting quick enough. The intelligence committes must be certain it was from Russia for him to act like this. While intelligence communities have been purposefully misleading in the past, the US had much to gain from the Iraq War and ensuring the stability of the petrodollar. I don't see why he would antagonize Russia for no reason, they have already been sanctioned to shit.
>>
>>95833
The picture in OPs post is a joint agency report which supports the claim that two russian groups hacked in favor of trump. The burden of proof is now on you. You say that these agencies are all full of shit and I find that hard to beleive so please show me why you think that.
Just put yourself in the opposing camp's shoes. If Trump had narrowly lost and the intelligence community showed that some foreign actor had helped Hillary win, your reaction would be similar. You should put the partisan beleifs aside when it comes to enemies of the US sticking their fingers where they dont belong.
>>
>>95842

All I see is statement that they think the Russians hacked the DNC. I can't see any specifics or sources in that screenshot. I also found zilch when I tried to find that report on their website.

>believing the government without proof
>believes that saying 'we have proof' is the same as having proof

I bet you were one of those fools who thought we were truly invading Iraq because of WMDs, not oil.
>>
>>95845
The full document is publiclly available.
https://www.us-cert.gov/sites/default/files/publications/JAR_16-20296.pdf
>>
>>95840
>Private cyber security companies have also come to the same conclusion.
Actually they brought more information than the CIA and FBI, pathetic really.
>>
>>95848
that's proof for the mechanism for hacking, not proof of hacking
>>
POTUS attempts foreign policy driven by mutual trust and rapprochement, ends up getting trolled to hell and back by everyone. Our world is still going to shit. Authoritarians, religion, corporatism everywhere, now with nukes and mass surveillance. It was silly to think big economies and neat gadgets could stop that. It may have just hastened it.
We came up with market capitalism to accelerate our technological evolution. Humanity is still in want of a social analog.
>>
>>95848

My bad. Thanks for sharing.

Saying that, I still don't see any actual proof. It just explains vaguely how one might hack a network. It doesn't provide examples, specific data, sources from the private sector; nothing.
>>
>>95872
No worries. They annonced that they are going to release more info some time before Jan 20. Also there are some private sector reports that arive at the same conclusion but I dont have links to those.
>>
>>95877
Problem is that revealing too much might endanger agents and tip off Russia on how they were IDed as the perpetrators, I too wish to know more but I understand why they don't want to reveal their whole hand.
>>
>>95911
Fuck, ment to link this post
>>95872
>>
>>95840
>Private cyber security companies have also come to the same conclusion
so basically there is no evidence. we're just supposed to trust some assholes.
>>
>>95822
It works the other way around kid. It's the ones claiming that uberz Russians hackers hacked them the ones that have to provide proof. And they have provided none. I bet you are still waiting for those WMD in Iraq, kid.
>>
>>95781
Hang in there Russia. We'll lift the sanctions in 3 weeks!!!
>>
>>95930
When did this love affair with Putin/Russia start?

Are people supporting Russia just because the left opposes them? Are people that contradictorily partisan?
>>
>>95931
Because they are no longer communist and hate leftists like us.
>>
>>95931
The poltards who aren't redditors still remember that Putin is an oligarch raping his nation and that he stole Ukranian land but the poltards know that Russia is killing ISIS and supporting Assad so they have started warming up to him. Also strongman memes are always funny see Trump, Duterte and Pinochet
>>
>>95931

The political ultra-polarization of our country makes it better to find an alliance of convenience with Putin's cheap pandering than find consensus with countrymen.

That in turn was caused by the social internet becoming the predominant source of news media for the electorate and insulated factions from one anothers' information. That enabled state actors and corporations, looking to galvanize the electorate to vote in their interests, a direct line to the population.
>>
>>95933
He didn't stole Ukrainian land. And he most likely saved Russia from oligarchs than raped it. Stop informing yourself exclusively with MSM. They lie. A lot.
>>
>>95938
The left.
Consensus.
Don't make me laugh. You are clueless.
>>
>>95931
The second it became apparent the American Left was trying to deflect heat from all its wrongdoings onto an external enemy the same way Russia and Putin does whenever there's an internal conflict.

And, forgive me for not having any sympathy for siding with the people who take every opportunity they can to tell everyone how evil the West and the US are while siding with the lowest scum in the Middle-East or Latin America. A better question is, where did all their newfound supposed "patriotism" suddenly come from when they laughed Romney out of the room last time he talked about how dangerous he thought Russia was. You want to know why people aren't lining up to attack Russia? It's because the enemies they have within the country are 10,000 times more dangerous to the longevity of the US than a former shadow of a once powerful nation trying and failing to fit into its old jeans. The Left can't spend generations undermining the very ideas that keep America a cohesive society and then expect everyone to jump when they point at a bad guy over the fence to distract from their own list of disgusting behavior.
>>
>>95931
Putin is a meme. Also, putin has taken a hard line against radical islam.

And in this specific case, the biggest thing Russia seems to have done is expose corruption. Even if they did it for selfish or corrupt reasons, it's going to get some support.

Overall, I'm still not convinced. The DNC's security was so pathetically weak that it's very likely that there was more than one source of attacks for shit that made it into the public.

And hacks from Russia or Russians, even pro Kremlin ones is a long way from having the Kremlin in command.

The closest thing they have to evidence on this last point is that some of the tools and resources are the same.

But realpolitik: What is the correct thing to do going forward? Aside from the obvious, better general computer security? Obama can boot some spies out, but what does that solve, really?
>>
>>95966
>The DNC's security was so pathetically weak

No, no, no. NOT weak. NONEXISTANT.

There is a difference between having information security and hiring some intern to set up your network.
>>
>>95950
You know this is the oldest trick in the book. Divide and conquer. It has been demonstrated to be effective at undermining a nations strength. Don't get suckered into hardline partisanship.
>>
>>95966
>But realpolitik: What is the correct thing to do going forward?

Hard to say. Russia's already been sanctioned to the max that the US was willing to go. (If you recall, the US has long had the option of sanctioning Russia into bankruptcy with very little discomfort to our own economy or that of our allies, but we would be destabilizing a country with thousands of nukes and a nihilistic political climate -- that's why we were so stuck for options when they annexed Crimea.)

Best bet might be to crank up our own espionage to 11, and maybe to get Russia's influence in the international community reduced by say threats on its allies if they are supportive of them in other actions, UN votes, etc. So for example we could threaten a big "fuck you" to India if they don't start putting some pressure on Russia themselves to stop being such dicks.
>>
>>95781
It is so heart warming to see the same Republicans who for eight years thought Obama was too soft on Russia now do a one-eighty and march lockstep with the KGB agent at the helm of the former USSR against the President of the United States, willing to suck any dick Trump puts in their mouths. Ronald Reagan would be proud!
>>
>>95966
We have the Russians where we want them. Low oil prices and sanctions have already crippled their economy. In terms of realpolitik we can go after their bread and butter of supplying natural energy to Europe. By repealing regulations against fossil fuel and ramping up production we can keep oil prices low and supply energy to Europe ourselves, building a transatlantic oil and natural gas pipeline if necessary. There will be so many Russians out of work because of cheap natural energy, that Putin either will capitulate to the US or the knife that the destitute hold at his throat. No One wants the Russian people to suffer, but while they support a regime trending more and more towards authoritarianism, then we have no choice and they can't keep relying on the threat of Nuclear war to discourage retaliation.
>>
>>96137
It's equally heart warming to see all the same Democrats and leftwing ideologues who for years prattled on and on about how racist, sexist, and evil the US as a nation is in its history while espousing the virtues of everything foreign through the lens of cultural relativism suddenly grow a patriotic backbone and find themselves concerned with national unity against a foreign threat.

The left, as much as the right and in some cases even more so, has divided the nation to the point where open hypocrisy is embraced by both sides.
>>
>>96138
We'll have Europe right where we want them after we remove sanctions from Russia.
>>
>>96137
Please stop trolling in the middle of intelligent discourse, junior.
>>
>>96216
That's because liberal almost doesn't mean anything anymore.
If the political right in our country hadn't become so fundamentalist and exclusionary then the umbrella of what's considered liberal wouldn't have expanded to cover everything up to almost center-right.
If I think that it's important to have EPA independent of business interest, then I am immediately under suspicion of being liberal.
If I think nobody should live in fear of being unable to afford healthcare coverage and government is the only solution to enable that, then I am a communist.
If I'm not what used to be considered far right, then I am either blue-pilled, cuck, or a conspirator and a traitor and not American according to most conservatives.
>>
>>96267
well what the hell did happen to republicans.
Obama had weaksauce foreign policy just a few years ago, and now he's a nuclear warmonger... with the Russians. China and Pakistan are still distrusted.
>>
>make claim
>provide nothing concrete to support
>listen and believe they say
Well, by that logic, the tooth fairy is real. Parents tell their kids she's real, when the child wakes, there's a dollar under the pillow, so must be true right?
>>
>>96271
I would be right up there with you if it weren't for the fact the political left has become weasel-worded Maoism in everything but name. As a center-left person, I'm not touching the Democratic party anytime in the foreseeable future.

It's just delicious watching both sides become hypocrites. Seeing people who used to say Russia was a threat stop caring about it and seeing people who used to castigate the US as a racist, evil nation suddenly turn into jingoistic patriots.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.