[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Facebook, Twitter, Google sued by Orlando shooting victims'

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

http://www.wtsp.com/news/local/florida/facebook-twitter-google-sued-by-orlando-shooting-victims-families/375034065

>SAN FRANCISCO — Facebook, Google and Twitter are being sued by the families of three victims slain in the mass shooting at an Orlando nightclub for allegedly providing "material support" to the Islamic State.

>The lawsuit, first reported by Fox News, was filed Monday in federal court in the eastern district of Michigan on behalf of the families of Tevin Crosby, Javier Jorge-Reyes and Juan Ramon Guerrero.

>The lawsuit is the latest to target popular Internet services for making it too easy for the Islamic State to spread its message. In June, the family of a California college student killed in last year's terrorist attacks in Paris sued Facebook, Google and Twitter. Keith Altman, the attorney representing the three families in the Orlando nightclub lawsuit, also represents the family of that student, Nohemi Gonzalez, in the Paris terrorist attacks lawsuit.

>The Islamic State, also known as ISIS or ISIL, uses popular Internet services such as Facebook, Twitter and Google's YouTube to spread propaganda, to attract and train new recruits, to celebrate terrorist attacks and publicize executions.
>Twitter sued by widow for alleged aid to ISIL
Omar Mateen opened fire inside Orlando's Pulse nightclub in June, killing 49 patrons and injuring 53 others in one of the deadliest shooting sprees in U.S. history. A 29-year-old security guard who pledged his allegiance to ISIS, Mateen was not a member of the terrorist group but had been inspired by it.

>"Without Defendants Twitter, Facebook, and Google (YouTube), the explosive growth of ISIS over the last few years into the most feared terrorist group in the world would not have been possible," the lawsuit alleges.
>>
>>93372
What a truly blatant attempt at cashing in. I guess they only value those fag lives as long as it gets them a check.
>>
>>93372
Not surprised
Murrica will Murrica
>>
>>93394
Cashing in or not they're absolutely right. Knowingly providing a service like that to ISIS, which is outright used for recruiting and spreading it's message is abhorrent and most likely illegal.
>>
>>93416
>and most likely illegal
On this I'm not so sure
>>
>>93418
Why not. I'm not from the US, but don't you have a whole slew of laws against knowingly associating, conducting business with and aiding terrorists? All those corporations have been doing just that, with twitter going as far as to verify ISIS' account.
>>
>>93425
this is pretty stupid. if providing a service to a massive amount of users meant you were liable for all the users actions no one would do it. It sets a dangerous precedent that companies are somehow responsible for the few nefarious people that would take advantage of their services and was already done in regards to copyright. It's stupid and companies or corporations should be exempt from things like this. This is like if ISIS was able to somehow get rooms at the Trump hotel and plan everything out there. Would the trump hotel be liable? No of course not, the trump hotel is not liable for the shit done in the hotel. Now would the trump hotel be liable if they didn't cooperate with law enforcement on the matter? of course. We all know that all those companies work with law enforcement though.
>>
>>93425
Hillary was funded by the Saudis to the tune of tens of millions of dollars.

Guess who else the Saudis fund directly? ISIS.

And she was still allowed to run for president and nearly win. She has never so much as seen the inside of a cell or paid 5 bucks in fines.

I'd bet money these same exact litigous fag lovers voted for Hillary.
>>
>>93372
>"Without Defendants Twitter, Facebook, and Google (YouTube), the explosive growth of ISIS over the last few years into the most feared terrorist group in the world would not have been possible," the lawsuit alleges.

Useful Idiots playing right into the hands of the corpocrats who are looking to impose full-on government / corporate control of the Internet and thus Free Speech.

Thanks, fags.
>>
>>93425
Twitter, Youtube and Facebook are protected by federal law stating that they are not responsible for content provided by their users.
>>
>>93434
>the big bad scary Saudis!!11
Here's a clue, kid:
http://money.cnn.com/2016/04/19/investing/saudi-arabia-threat-dump-us-assets-911-bill/
>>
>>93372
I'm unclear on this. Does ISIS have an official Facebook page where they post selfies in front of beheaded infidels? And Facebook knows about this and doesn't care?
>>
>>93471

Basically, yeah. They strap gopros to their guns and go out and make propaganda videos that look like Call of Duty or Battlefield gameplay and upload it to the internet
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.