[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Man in exactly the right place at exactly the right time robs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 1

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/30/nyregion/no-rainbow-but-thief-finds-a-bucket-of-gold-on-west-48th-street.html

>Because the bucket is very heavy, the man walks slowly and pauses often.

>But because the bucket is very heavy, the man keeps walking.

>The man, seen in a surveillance video, has just taken a black, metal 5-gallon bucket off the back of an armored truck in broad daylight in Midtown Manhattan.

>The bucket was left unattended when a guard went to the truck’s cab for a moment, the police said, and the man probably did not know what was in it. But he probably had a suspicion.

>“I think he just seen an opportunity and took the pail and walked off,” Detective Martin Pastor told WNBC-TV, which broadcast the footage on Tuesday. The theft took place on Sept. 29.

>On the video, the man walks calmly through crowds on West 48th Street, as calmly as a man can walk while lugging a very heavy and perhaps very valuable bucket that does not belong to him.

>At one point, the man — stocky, maybe in his 50s, wearing a down vest and long-sleeve shirt — rests the bucket on the sidewalk to catch his breath. He crosses Fifth Avenue, heading east. He makes his way to Third Avenue, a distance of a half-mile. It takes him an hour, WNBC said.

>At Third Avenue and 48th Street, the police said, the man disappears.

>The bucket contained 86 pounds of gold flakes, worth $1.6 million, the police said.

>Detective Pastor said the police believe that the man is in Florida. The gold flakes are still at large as well.
>>
>Florida man
>>
>>88654
>struggling with an 86 lb bucket

bruh
>>
>>88654
I envy him and salute his courage. I hope he finds a fence who gives him a good cut.
>>
>>88684
It's gold flakes not bars, nigger hit the jackpot
>>
guys, if there a cameras everywhere, how do they lost him?
>>
>>88654
this is wat I hate most about living in the west. Theivery is still glorified despite living in a society which is capable of space travel
>>
>>88694
Then get the fuck out.
>>
>>88694
I take you are not a capitalist then?

Gotta get before you're got, bruv.
>>
>>88681
50 years old and holding it in a rather awkward position.
>>
>>88701
>>88704
>Ancaps

Please go neck yourselves
>>
>>88713
I'll sell you the rope, bruv.
>>
>>88706

And trying to not look like you're carrying a bucket full of fucking gold
>>
>>88654
Was he stuck in a time loop?
>>
>>88694
so you like a society where banks controll everything and hold most of the money, while a large percentage of people don't have enough to eat?
>>
>>88744
>At Third Avenue and 48th Street, the police said, the man disappears.
Really stirs the noodles.
>>
>>88690
Still has to fence it, unless you think he's going to show up at Cash4Gold with a baggie of gold flakes every day for the next year.
>>
>>88760
Travel the country going to different cash4golds and slowly make all the money you need
>>
>>88760
It wouldn't be that hard to melt it down into 150-500 crude gold bands/rings and hawk those off at pawn shops across the country. Those pawn shops would probably melt those down into other things anyway. He wouldn't get anywhere near $1.6 million doing it that way though.
>>
>>88744
Beautiful.
>>
>>88677
lmao

Florida Man strikes again
>>
>>88751
No, I like a society which honours honesty and earning whatever good things in life you have
>>
>>88811
Good luck finding one of those, certainly not here on earth.
>>
>>88811
>a society which honours honesty and earning
I hope you don't kill yourself when you realize there isn't a society on the planet where greedy lying assholes don't dominate those who value honesty and earning.
>>
>>88813
>>88815
Japland comes pretty close

some rural places also I think in Europe and America
>>
>>88654
>The bucket was left unattended when a guard went to the truck’s cab for a moment
So nobody is gonna pose the obvious?
>>
>>88811
>whatever good things in life you have
So cucks, in other words. Turn the other cheek blah blah blah. Probably a fucking asian, goblin looking motherfuckers
>>
>>88934
>Turn the other cheek blah blah blah.
That's Christian.
>>
fucking time travelers, mang.
>>
>>88934
No, its only cucked if you let liars and cheats get away with it. Which we all tacitly do

see: banking industry
>>
>>88654
>gold flakes
It's virtually untraceable

If it were me I'd just get a van and sell sub-10k amounts of it at cash for gold shops around the country

Maybe even smelt it with an acetylene torch to disguise it further
>>
>>88694
>Theivery is still glorified
By thieves. Rape is glorified by rapist. Killing by murderers. I find it sad when people need to steal to exist and pathetic when they're just greedy like this guy. He'll get caught and do hard time based on the amount he took.
>>
>>88694
Do you pirate?
>>
>>88833
Lol no you naive child.
>>
>>89106
>I do not like that people do not behave like I want them to behave

kys manchild
>>
>>88833
The dude looks like a gook/chink/jap...those yello niggers are crafty bastards
>>
>>89114
Intellectual property violation is not theft. Despite what the media would like you to believe.
>>
>>88934
You have to be over 18 to post here.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.