[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The CEO of Reddit confessed to modifying posts from Trump supporters

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 0

https://www.yahoo.com/news/ceo-reddit-confessed-modifying-posts-022041192.html
s item on social media had pegged as the center of a child-abuse ring run by Hillary Clinton and her campaign headJohn Podesta, despite a lack of any evidence.

Following that report, Reddit took steps to shut down the "r/Pizzagate" subreddit community, which had the stated goal ofproving the existence of a conspiracy centering on Comet Ping Pong. "We don’t wantwitchhunts on our site," says the warning that replaced the Pizzagate page on Reddit.

The move to shut down r/Pizzagate proved controversial to users of "r/The_Donald," Reddit's most popular community for supporters of Donald Trump. Those users repeatedly left comments to the effect of "f**k u/spez" and other forms of abuse, including Huffman's "u/spez" Reddit namein the post to make sure he was notified of each new message.

On Wednesday afternoon,members of "The_Donald" noticed that their posts had changed without their knowledge or consent: Instead of referencing Huffman himself, the posts now hurled the same expletives at the moderators of the "The_Donald" community.

Angry "The _Donald" members accused Reddit leadership of modifying or otherwise censoring their posts — which turned out to be correct, when Huffman posted the following comment, confessing that it was him personally who was performing the changes (with expletives taken out):

"Hey Everyone,

Yep. I messed with the “f**ku/spez” comments, replacing "spez" withr/the_donaldmods for about an hour. It’s been a long week here trying to unwind ther/pizzagatestuff. As much as we try to maintain a good relationship with you all, it does get old getting called a pedophile constantly. As the CEO, I shouldn’t play such games, and it’s all fixed now. Our community team is pretty pissed at me, so I most assuredly won’t do this again.

F**ku/spez."
>>
career into the gulag in 10...9...8...
>>
Fun Fact what spez did is against reddit rule
>>
>>87571
>Yep. I messed with the “f**ku/spez” comments, replacing "spez" withr/the_donaldmods for about an hour.
HAhahhahahahahahah give the guy a trophy.
>>
Fuck reddit
>>
>>87571
>it does get old getting called a pedophile constantly
then stop calling me a pedophile
>>
>>87585
>>87571
wtf I love reddit now
seriously this is actually pretty fucking funny, this isn't much different than when mods/moot would make wordfilters to fuck with us desu senpai.
Why does this deserve a news article?
>web admin fucks with his user base after being called a pedophile and told "fuck you" 1000 times
>>
>>87605
Word filters don't equate changing a comment for an agenda you retarded faggot
>>
>>87606
>but muh agenda!!!
yes because he was super seriously changing these posts to push a super serious agenda and not just fucking with users who were talking shit
Christ, go back to /r/eddit and bitch there why is this even a thread? I hope you and the others like you don't migrate here permanently, we don't want crybaby /r/edditors who can't handle any bantz
>>
i miss when moot used to mess with us :(
>>
>>87605
You're an ignorant fucktard if you think those things are equal. Go fucking shoot yourself in the foot, you asshat. This shows, once again after Facebook, Moot/GamerGate and all that shit that, ONCE AGAIN, major outlets for human expression are censored BY THE REGRESSIVE COMMUNIST LEFT
>>
>>87608
Eat shit, you fucking shill
>>
>>87632
I'm a little concerned that this wordfilter was disturbing but not the concerted effort to convince people that hillary ran a child sex ring.
i thought conservatives were the ethical ones in this country
>>
>>87633
I'm OK with what he did; slandering a candidate with false news is totally not cool.
>>
Literally the same shit moot did. Hahahaha /pol/cucks are so easily triggered. If you care about reddit so much why dont you go stay there you disgusting newfaggots
>>
>>87632
>>87633
awwwww the poor redditors thought they could come to 4chan and bitch about their site

FUCK
OFF

you don't belong here. Go to voat or some other shitty site, but don't bring your bullshit to 4chan just because you're a thin-skinned crybaby
>>
>>87605
/thread

>>87606
>>87632
all your rage means nothing and you are still wrong
>>
>>87637
Nobody has ethics when it comes to politics, everything anybody claims to represent is just a talking point they'll go back on as soon as it benefits them. Even "outsiders" like Trump lie and backtrack constantly.
>>
>>87608
Except what he did:
a) Violates ethics and rules of Reddit.
b) Violates impersonation law.

He's fucked, and your a buttlicker for thinking it's not a big deal.
>>
>>87606
>>87632
>>87633
I don't usually say this, but,
Go back to r/eddit
Seriously. GTFO with your bullshit drama.
>Wahhhh the r/eddit admin played a prank on me and it hurt my fee-fees!
We
Don't
Care

>>87681
Except
A) This is 4chan
B) This is not r/eddit

This is retarded, and your a buttlicker for thinking this is a big deal. Go cry to your diary about it
>>
>>87640
>>87670
>>87715
>The definition of the true savage is that he laughs when he hurts you; and howls when you hurt him. - G.K Chesterton

/pol/ is full of utter savages. Invading peoples privacy, creating fake social networking accounts of them and spreading malicious rumors about people is all funny stuff but the moment anyone decides to troll them or raid their board they start bawling.
>>
At least someone on that site has a sense or humor.
>>
>>87681
No one fucking cares about fucking reddit except the lame ass fags that use that faggot site.
>>
>>87748
Honestly, what /pol/ starts as a joke, Reddit turns into a monster.
>>
>>87715
>muh meme insults
lol
>>
>>87806
Give an example.
>>
>>87605
comments can be used in court desu

it matters legally.
>>
Pizzagate is a psyop against the right to distract and discredit
Started as a 2 part psyop orchestrated in part at least by Steve Pieczenik.

Government coup and lolita express

Purpose:
Coup - pull diggers away from wikileaks
Pizzagate - reinforce "fake news" propaganga and discredit the right and alternate media sources.

Same way they've tried to connect "racists" to "opposing the system"
Same way they've connected "protesting the government" to "a black violent thing" while distracting away from the militarization of the police.

Reddits move is the Streisand effect + reverse psychology. A CEO is not stupid.
Drawing attention to this serves the Clinton camp, controlled media, ect.
>>
>>88207
Oh yeah what ever happened to Julian? He's either dead or being tortured huh.
>>
>>87632
>This shows, once again after Facebook, Moot/GamerGate and all that shit that, ONCE AGAIN, major outlets for human expression are censored BY THE REGRESSIVE COMMUNIST LEFT
Ayy hook me up with some of those crazy pills anon?
>>
>>88207
Psyops
Kek nigga what shape is your tinfoil
Fedora?
>>
>88246
Psychological warfare (PSYWAR), or the basic aspects of modern psychological operations (PSYOP), have been known by many other names or terms, including MISO, Psy Ops, Political Warfare, "Hearts and Minds," and propaganda.[1] The term is used "to denote any action which is practiced mainly by psychological methods with the aim of evoking a planned psychological reaction in other people."

>Political Warfare
>propaganda
Use one of those terms instead if you've been taught to associate "psyops" with "tin foil hat"
>>
http://www.miamiherald.com/news/politics-government/article117231758.html

>Reddit CEO says he changed Trump supporters’ posts to ‘give the bullies a hard time’
>>
>>88207
Gimme the car facts
>>
His apology post sounds like the one from South Park with BP Oil
>>
>>88805
shoulda just said "I'm sorry you can't handle the bantz"
>>
>>87652
Cringe thread?
>>
Assuming their modified posts could be used in a courtroom, it's a big deal. Assuming it can't, it is NEARLY the same as a wordfilter except with someone going in and replacing it themselves.

Either way the difference between this and a wordfilter is this has a demographic target and a wordfilter does not discriminate. This isn't a question of if you support what the people were discussing of not, it's a question of it is alright to single out a demographic for this or not. Would it have been seen the same if it was a mod tired of people slandering trump and modified their posts, for example. The only reason I even remotely see anything in this worth discussing is how it had a specific target.

Also for those saying "can't take the bantz", it seems this started because someone couldn't take the bants. Also, once again if their modified comments could be used in court against them (before the admitting of them being changed) then this is more than just "bants".
>>
>>87571
so reddit used wordfilters, how is this news?
>>
>>89776
They used wordfilters against trumpettes, and apparently that is reason to throw out decades of "corporations have rights" jargon.
>>
>The GOP are all wall street insiders with buisness ties! Fuck corporations!

>"Reddit CEO censors Trump supporters."

>HOLD ON NOW CORPORATIONS HAVE RIGHTS
>>
>>89776
that's not what happened, he personally edited posts by hand, a power not previously known to exist on the site, even for the top admin.
>>
>>89889
This
>>
>>89889
>>89915
It's something that exists on every website and was known to exist by everybody who knows anything about technology

>>88955
>>87681
>>87633
>>87606
>>87632
>>87571
>all these salty Trump redditors
please, cry more while telling me about how Reddit played a mean joke on you that hurt your fee-fees
>>
>>89921
But I basically said it wasn't even newsworthy and the only thing that mattered was if the modified comments got them in legal trouble, which since the admin admitted that they were modified it cannot. How is that even whining about my fee-fees? Are you just kneejerk replying to just anyone or is your reading comprehension shot?
>>
>>89921
>ITP: Censorship is okay as long as it's those jerks I don't like.

Who are the -real- Nazis here?
>>
>>89946

Censorship in a general sense isn't just something a moderator or a politician or a SJW labeling you a racist does.

Spamming a discussion, threatening posters, propagating misinformation, with the intention to drown out criticism, can be equally pernicious as a moderator banning or even a wordfilter when done with enough consistency.
>>
>>89946
yes yes, let me feed on your tears! Cry more about this """"""censorship""""""!
Show me where on the comment /u/spez touched you anon
>>
>>87681
Are ya gonna sue you fag?
>>
>>88955
C A N T T A K E B A N T Z F A G G O T
>>
>>89979
Go back to reeddit tourist
>>
FACT: 4chan is better then Reddit
>>
Clintons are Crime family
>>
>>87601
this.

let people speak whatever they want, it's the fucking internet.
>>
>expecting free speech on a corporate internet site
Why do people do this?
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 0

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.