[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Newborn baby died in jail after staff refused help to laboring

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 0

https://www.rt.com/usa/367447-milwaukee-baby-jail-died/
>>
>>86828
Prison system in the us is beyond broken,more news at eleven.
>>
>>86830
If you don't want to suffer and unjust and gruesome death then just pay your fucking traffic ticket.
>>
>>86831
>BUT WAIT, SHE COULDNT PAY IT. EITHER THE GOVERNMENT SHOULD PAY IT OR SHE SHOULD JUST NOT GET PUNISHED FOR OFFENSES THAT PEOPLE WHO ACTUALLY WORK STILL GET PUNISHED FOR
there you go liberals, I did the work for you.
>>
>>86831
Only the issue is, the baby died, not the mom. Should the baby have paid the ticket?
>>
>>86835
>>86831

Punishment in proportion to the crime. The death of a baby isn't exactly proportional to a traffic ticket, especially when the baby had nothing to do with the crime committed. Also just because someone is in jail doesn't mean there's suddenly a greenlight to neglect or abuse them.

On top of that, throwing someone in jail because they can't pay a fine isn't productive either (putting someone in jail cost taxpayer money, potentially more than the fine was ever worth) since then they can't work to get more money to pay the fine. You're much better off taking a portion of their pay with proper interest instead (and if they don't have a job then I guess it's time to seize property) which will take a long time to pay off, but at least it will happen without additional expense to the taxpayer.
>>
>>86835
don't punish a baby for being born to a convict mother
>>
>>86835
I love how retarded you people are, since when is not paying a traffic ticket supposed to result in the murder of your child?
>>
>>86835
Do you really not see how sick and unjust this is or are you a real life edgelord? This isn't how this woman should have been handled- jail is not a void, it exists in the context of our legal system and is subject to rules and regulations and codes of conduct to protect inmates while awaiting arraignments or serving their sentences. She should have been taken immediately to a hospital, this is 2016. I'm sure any investigation in to this incident will be hindered by the sick system that allowed for this to happen in the first place, but this is legally neglect and abuse at the very least.
>>
>>86884
I think a chunk of the population has literally become mildly sociopathic. Maybe it's from being fed an information diet of mostly right-wing talk radio.
It's bred a perversion of American values "life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness". In its place we have "You can go get fucked; I already got my share".
>>
>>86886
It's super easy to be a sociopath on 4chan
But idk, there didn't used to be this many outside of /b/ and /pol/.
>>
The child dies after guard laughed off woman's for pleas for help. This is the jail of Milwaukee Sheriff David Clarke, avid Trump surrogate, and a cabinet prospect and head of DHS.
This is the 4th person to die in his County Jail in the last 8 months.
One died from dehydration while in custody.
>Help us Jeebus!
>>
>>87190
Ah yes, finally a way to make this Trump's fault.

Let me call up Mordecai and Shlomo to put this on the front page of the New York Times tomorrow
>>
>>87198
The point is that he has issues to face in his own jurisdiction before he takes on higher office.
That is obvious from the post.

>making it Trump's fault?
>jumping at shadows and reading into posts shit that ain't there
>how are those paranoid thoughts of persecution
>or is reading comprehension your problem
>held back at school were you?
>>
>>86843
Here's my final ruling.

The baby was of no concern of the people holding her in prison. If you're pregnant, and you KNOW you're about to go to jail because of a ticket you need to pay, I'd suggest you pay it.

This is a good 'that'll learn ya' for anyone else considering not paying their ticket. Hopefully your bastard baby doesn't come out while your serving your time, otherwise it's your problem.

>Punishment in proportion
What punishment is in proportion to ignoring your punishment? I'd say some jailtime is acceptable.
>B-BUT she was pregnant! Have mercy!
She isn't anymore. Hell, the state did the world a favor.
>But the baby was innocent
Yep. Being innocent doesn't immediately mean the state takes care if you, liberals. The care of the baby is on the mother, who decided not to pay a fine, and consequently went to jail, knowing she was about to give birth.

It's close to SOTF. Not quite it, but close.
>>
>>86828
Good.
>>
>>87250

>Punishment in proportion

You complete blew over the point that the DEATH OF HER CHILD is not proportional to the ignorance of a fine. Jail time is acceptable, though not really conducive to getting that fine paid.

>Being innocent doesn't immediately mean the state takes care if you, liberals.

Except by US law nobody is to be held accountable for the crimes of others, unless they were explicitly helping the commission of a crime of their own free will (conspiracy to commit robbery, etc). Nobody executes the children of criminals unless you live in a banana republic or the kid committed a serious crime as well. Also you assume that there are no living relatives who would take the baby in the even the mother is unable to take care of it.

Also being born a US citizen does in fact mean the state takes care of you. That state is taking care of YOU right now by providing firefighting, police, roadways, and military protection. Your rights as a citizen don't suddenly stop because your parent is unable to pay a fine, and even people in prison still have rights (though obviously limited compared to individuals not interred).
>>
>>87297
>The state is taking care of you
You're such a deluded faggot.
We ARE the state. We're paying taxes to provide ourselves with roads, police, and firefighters. A newborn baby doesn't pay taxes. But, I understand what you're saying. It's still just a baby that didn't deserve that. At the end of the day, the parents are responsible for the survival of a child, and by choosing to not pay a fine, you put yourself in a situation that is less than ideal for a child you were about to have.

If the same woman fell into a hole instead of going to jail, and had her baby there, it would be her fault. Why isn't it her fault for putting herself into THIS situation? Last time I checked, the police arent trained in delivering babies. If I was an officer, I'd radio for an ambulance and pretty much watch. What more can he do? The ambulance then has to go through the inspection process of entering a prison, then get through to the loading dock, then get to the cell. See what I'm getting at? Not a good place to end up knowing you're delivering soon.

If the state had any sense, they'd require house arrest, or even monitored house arrest while convicted persons are pregnant. It's not like they can run away anyways. At least require the last 4 months be at home time, at 1/4 the time credit, of course.
>>
>>87297
Also, the death of her child was not a punishment for her crime. It was a consequence of her punishment, which was avoidable by her in the first place.
>>
>>87316
ALSO, before you give me the 'cant afford a fine' stuff, consider how much it costs to have a child. How do you buy a crib, formula and diapers without money? How do you pay hospital bills? It's expensive. I've got almost 30 grand into my 2 kids, much more if you consider the house we bought to accommodate more people.
>YOU CANT PUT A VALUE ON KIDS1!!
I know, but I cannot figure out how you can be pregnant and not have the money to pay a fine. My son's crib was 400 dollars. That's like 3 speeding tickets. The hospital bills were 17k. That's restitution for crashing a car into someone's house while drunk. The house remodel was 10k. That's fines for picking up a male hooker, being seen by a buddy while driving, then pushing the hooker out of a moving car.
>>
>>87320
>I know, but I cannot figure out how you can be pregnant and not have the money to pay a fine.
Really? You really can't figure that out?

>How do you buy a crib, formula and diapers without money?
She wouldn't. You would.

>How do you pay hospital bills?
She wouldn't. You would.
>>
>>87316

>We ARE the state.

And people still get the benefits of being a citizen even when not paying taxes: kids under 18, minimum wagers, the elderly, and others still have those benefits even though they don't pay taxes. Even convicted prisoners still have the right to not burn to death in prison (though some caution is exercised so they don't escape in the confusion).

>If the same woman fell into a hole instead of going to jail, and had her baby there, it would be her fault.

And what if there was a bystander able to help, or better yet, a designated guard for that hole? Would they not be morally inclined to provide some sort of aid, whether it simply be to call for an ambulance? Also this was a county jail, not a prison. There is no loading dock or security check outside of the officer manning the front desk.

>>87317

Just because one is in jail does not give others carte blanche to abuse them. When a prisoner gets shanked it's still a crime.

>>87320

Whether or not the mother could afford to have the child is irrelevant to the death of the child. The sad reality is people can have children at even the most inopportune times and situations, and unless you want to regulate becoming a parent there's nothing you can do to stop these situations. The rest of us need to deal with the consequences as humanely as possible, and that typically involves rescuing children from negligent or abusive parents.

Also poor people somehow have kids all the time, typically using welfare or going into serious quantities of debt. Yes it isn't smart and the tax payers have to pay the difference in the end, but it doesn't mean the baby deserves negligent death.

Also after actually reading the story instead of just jumping in on this argument (bad habit I know) shows the woman had mental health issues, which could explain a lot about her decision making abilities (failure to pay the ticket, belief that she could handle a baby despite being unable to pay a ticket, etc).
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 0

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.