[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>This fall, the “Radioactive Boy Scout” died at age 3

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: radscout.jpg (29KB, 350x450px) Image search: [Google]
radscout.jpg
29KB, 350x450px
>This fall, the “Radioactive Boy Scout” died at age 39

>At the age of 17, Hahn wrote to numerous nuclear industry entities, including the Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC), posing as a high school science teacher.

>David hadn’t hit on the idea to try to build a breeder reactor when he began his nuclear experiments at the age of fifteen, but in a step down that path, he was already determined to “irradiate anything” he could. To do that he had to build a “gun” that could bombard isotopes with neutrons.

arstechnica.com/science/2016/11/this-fall-the-radioactive-boy-scout-died-at-age-39/
>>
>>85848
Sounds like a goddamn supervillain
>>
File: Golly.jpg (92KB, 600x608px) Image search: [Google]
Golly.jpg
92KB, 600x608px
>tripfag posting irrelevant garbage

i have never seen this before in my life
>>
>>85849
My thoughts exactly.
>>
this has nothing to do with comics or cartoons, go back to shitposting on /dsg/ lucifer
>>
>>85849
>>85848
super radioactive weapons when?
>>
File: 1212.jpg (24KB, 306x423px) Image search: [Google]
1212.jpg
24KB, 306x423px
>>85848
>arstechnica.com/science/2016/11/this-fall-the-radioactive-boy-scout-died-at-age-39/

Literally our guy.
>>
>>85848
Aww that's a shame. I remember reading about him years ago.

Welp, it just goes to show that when you try to filter radioactive isotopes through a coffee maker in your parents shed, you die before age 40.
>>
I was just wondering what happened to him. I mentioned him last week to a co-worker when talking about how part of nuclear reactions were simple enough that a 17 year old boyscout had figured out part of them.

Shame he didn't figure out safety gear though.
>>
>>85848
>creates a reaction in a breeder reactor without any shielding
>Dies 22 years later

Not bad.
>>
how did he die?
>>
>>85850
I didn't even know /news/ had tripfags. I thought we were safe from that cancer
>>
>>85850
>irrelevant garbage
I suppose you think this board should be /pol2/.
>>
When you make something new, but remember you're on /news/

https://i.4cdn.org/co/1479272473752s.jpg
>>
>>85895
Read the thread before posting. This thread seems to have originally been posted on /co/ before mods moved it here.
Your first hint should have been that the person you replied to managed to post an image on a board that doesn't allow images.
>>
>>86065
I wish they showed where it was moved from.
>>
>>86070
It was moved from /co/. It was posted there because the guy is basically a comicbook Super-Villain.
>>
>>86086
Oh I could tell from >>86065. I just wish that it showed where it was moved from whenever the mods moved a thread.
>>
Oh no!

I actually really like this guy. He's fucking insane but he was really smart. Servicing the Navy aboard our aircraft carriers, like four masters degrees, open and honest.
>>
>>85848
Few years ago I remember reading he was on trial for destruction of property, stealing fire detectors from his apartment building, probably for the radioactive americium, OP's picture shows his recent picture, I think the marks on his face are carcinomas, I'm not sure whether they are secondary from massive metastasis, or primary from multiple exposure to radioactive particles,

The truth is all technology and science is quite simple, it's not amazing he built a nuclear reactor
>>
>>85874
I think the cause is still unknown
>>
>>85850
Fuck off. Radioactive boy has been an essential news icon for decades, and this is a serious story. You should research the guy before you post shit.
>>
are you sure he's dead? could be kidnapped for his nuclear benefits..
>>
I didn't even know 4chan supported moving threads to other boards. Is this a new thing?
>>
>>87476
Relatively. It showed up at the same time as >>>/trash/.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.