[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Poland’s illiberal turn poses a wicked dilemma for the European

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 20161105_EUD000_1.jpg (58KB, 595x335px) Image search: [Google]
20161105_EUD000_1.jpg
58KB, 595x335px
Is The Economist right on this one? What's the fate for Poland?

http://www.economist.com/news/europe/21709536-polands-illiberal-turn-poses-wicked-dilemma-european-union-our-freedom-and-yours?fsrc=scn/fb/te/pe/ed/forourfreedomandyours

>Because their country needs Europe—on energy, Russia policy and EU subsidies—PiS’s Poland-first approach will ultimately prove self-defeating. Yet that leaves plenty of time to do lasting damage to Poland’s democratic institutions and political culture. Mr Kaczynski’s reign has already proved worryingly polarising. European politicians insist that theirs is a club of values, not convenience, and respect for the rule of law is baked into the treaties. But just as it cannot force governments to curb deficits or accept refugees, Brussels cannot impose liberalism by diktat; and other governments do not seem minded to rock the boat when they are trying to plug the leaks sprung by other crises. Mr Kaczynski will win this battle, because Europe has no idea how to fight.
>>
>>84794
I think the EU is more worried about Hungary locking up immigrants and gypsies in work camps.

https://www.euractiv.com/section/justice-home-affairs/news/eu-warns-hungary-over-discrimination-of-roma-schoolchildren/
>>
>>84794
>PiS signed CETA, as all the other leading parties in EU. Even tho the people were against it. This shows that corpos are on top. There is no democracy anyway. The rest is just for show.
>>
>taking this Rothschild owned neoliberal rag seriously
>>
>>84794
>is a propaganda magazine right about its ideological enemy
I dunno. Why don't you think about that for a second and get back to us, OP?
>>
>>86343
>>86347
Very good arguments. I'm not saying The Economist doesn't have a neoliberal slant, but that doesn't make everything within its pages meritless.

I mean, it clearly highlights some of the issues with the EU, like Article 7 and the fact it can't really enforce many of its own rules (like you would expect of a Confederacy). It's not really heaping on a lot of praise for the EU, and it's trying to explain the causes and actions of Poland's increasingly illiberal government.
>>
>>86457
Whatever. Try saying the same thing about Breitbart. You'll see how ridiculous you sound.
>>
>>86472
If Breitbart made good points, I'd agree. But Breitbart is very different from The Economist and you know it.
>>
>>84794
PiS will do as much damage to the economy as possible in 4 years of their term, then people will either vote for Nowoczesna/PO/KOD because they never learn and it'll be full "Judeopolonia"
OR Kukiz 15 and "Freedom" win, and get the country back on track.
Elections are rigged, since the 1980's
>>
>>87290
>Elections are rigged, since the 1980's
No need to do that. Unfortunately last time people felt for social money meme.

And the worst? There is no good party to exchange anyway, which is fuckin horror.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.